Arty, do you think the Magic can win fifty games?

Talk about anything here.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Arty, do you think the Magic can win fifty games?

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

Thank you.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Re: Arty, do you think the Magic can win fifty games?

Post by Bush4Ever. »

I'm not surprised the Magic are playing beyond projected win totals by some outlets (I said before the season they were getting a touch underrated), but I would definitely be surprised if they leapt to 50 games. I thought they would be in the 43-44 win range.

After more than a decade of Magic homerism, Artman might finally get a win this year.

Although if God has a sense of humor, he'd have the Magic win 52 games and then lose in the first round of the playoffs anyway for the lulz
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Bush4Ever. wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:33 am I'm not surprised the Magic are playing beyond projected win totals by some outlets (I said before the season they were getting a touch underrated), but I would definitely be surprised if they leapt to 50 games. I thought they would be in the 43-44 win range.

After more than a decade of Magic homerism, Artman might finally get a win this year.

Although if God has a sense of humor, he'd have the Magic win 52 games and then lose in the first round of the playoffs anyway for the lulz
They're on track for 58 wins.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Sudanese Sensation wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:38 am They're on track for 58 wins.
IIRC, they were +25,000 to win the title this year.

Artman should have gone without dank weed for a weekend and gotten in on that action.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:33 am I'm not surprised the Magic are playing beyond projected win totals by some outlets (I said before the season they were getting a touch underrated), but I would definitely be surprised if they leapt to 50 games. I thought they would be in the 43-44 win range.

Fifty seems early for this young roster but I do think they could still do it this season. I'd bet that they'd breach 50 before I'd bet they'd go below 45.

If they can add a decent star in free agency to this roster (like Siakam) they'd be an even bigger problem going forward.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Yes, in the bits I've seen of them this year they are extremely well-coached defensively, and one of the few teams to actually get after it defensively w/effort, and multiple guys who are long and capable of guarding multiple positions/switches effectively.

I still question their ability to score consistently at a high level, but I guess we'll see. If they had a real superstar instead of Paolo they would be a legit team today.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Bush claimed they would be a little under .500 this season

Smh
Nothing they are doing is a fluke or over the top. It's all sustainable
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:50 am

Fifty seems early for this young roster but I do think they could still do it this season. I'd bet that they'd breach 50 before I'd bet they'd go below 45.

If they can add a decent star in free agency to this roster (like Siakam) they'd be an even bigger problem going forward.
Dont need him.

And we have 2 starters out. Habent scratched potential yet. Next year is our year. Losing in round 1 is nothing to troll at .

Guarantee nobody wants any art of them though...especially boston

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Just imagine...if Artman had *any* courage as a man, he would have bet the over on Magic wins this year and made serious bank.

Alas...cowardice.

lol
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:25 pm Just imagine...if Artman had *any* courage as a man, he would have bet the over on Magic wins this year and made serious bank.

Alas...cowardice.

lol
You must be poor

Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Paolo has a nice stat line. He might not be a superstar but he's a very good player. Semi-star.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Sudanese Sensation wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:37 pm Paolo has a nice stat line. He might not be a superstar but he's a very good player. Semi-star.
If we didn't have such a deep team then he would have to do more. But he doesn't need o and that's not how they play. He's shooting 45% from 3 this year
He could score a lot more. He's a star But magic are pretty loaded so it gets lost in the mix

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

If Paolo was holding back on his true power level, he wouldn't be below-average in efficiency (TS+ of 99), especially on some uber-loaded (though ranked 21st in the league in offensive efficiency to-date) team.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Sudanese Sensation wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:37 pm Paolo has a nice stat line. He might not be a superstar but he's a very good player. Semi-star.
His PER is 16.5 this year.

His 20/6/4/TS+ of 99 is not a 20/6/4 of the 90s/early 00s, etc...

A PER of 16.5 is roughly equivalent to a low-level third option, using Hollinger's reference/rules-of-thumb.

In 1993, Sam Perkins had a PER of 16.5
In 2003, Richard Jefferson had a PER of 16.6

https://www.basketball-reference.com/le ... stats::per
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

All I know is the Lakers beat the shit out of them when they matched up and the Lakers actually played their team lol

Didn't even watch the highlights, Magic game is like minor league baseball. Although I saw DLo posterize one of their bitch scrubs
xer0
Superstar

Post by xer0 »

The tragic are small sample dogshit, they will be on the outside looking in as per usual when the dust settles.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Bush4Ever. wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:49 pm

A PER of 16.5 is roughly equivalent to a low-level third option, using Hollinger's reference/rules-of-thumb.

I looked at his PER before I commented. He has the same PER as Tyler Herro. As a Heat fan I like Tyler but the eye test tells me Paolo is better.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

The real question is how much of an uptick does that 16.5 PER take once Paolo slips on that purple & gold
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Indeed, the Lakers (with zero work) will be the ones benefiting from Orlando's hard work of developing Paolo into a true all-star level player (or maybe a touch more), in true alpha bull vs. cuckold style.
Last edited by Bush4Ever. on Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:49 pm

Bla bla bla...hrs barely even breaking a sweat out there