Him busting would be the greatest thing ever
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Re: MLB Spring Training Discussion: Snell still unsigned

Post by kobeunderbite »

Titan18 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:45 pm
kobeunderbite wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:53 pm
Him busting would be the greatest thing ever

I don't really care if he has a great regular season I just want to see him serve up a fat, season-ending bomb in the NLDS.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

The reality is, everything the Dodgers did wasnt enough to catch the Braves...

Strider, Fried, Sale, Morton...Simply the best...

Strider will be the best pitcher in baseball this year...
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

It is incredibly optimistic to assume that even 2 out of those 4 will be both healthy and effective come October.

The Braves season rests on the arms of Zack Wheeler and Aaron Nola. If those two are healthy again, they will make it a three-peat, because nothing else has changed that equation.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

kobeunderbite wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:58 am It is incredibly optimistic to assume that even 2 out of those 4 will be both healthy and effective come October.

The Braves season rests on the arms of Zack Wheeler and Aaron Nola. If those two are healthy again, they will make it a three-peat, because nothing else has changed that equation.
A big change in the equation is simply experience...The Braves have had success early on, but we tend to forget just how young they are...As guys like Ron Acuna, Riley, Ozzie, Harris, and Strider are FINALLY hitting their prime, There is no reason to believe they wont continue their success...
Adding a vet like Sale who can match The Phillies intensity is just what this team needs...Wheeler and Nola are nice, but this is just more about the Braves growing up, maturing, and realizing their greatness.
They already have one World Series to show for it, and there will be more to come...

I know that shit hurts, especially as we have seen your Grandpa Cohen era has been an utter and complete failure, but you are just gonna need to suck that shit up kiddo...
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Riley, I will agree that the Phillies have been more intense and passionate our 2 most recent playoff series but I think the x-factor has been the difference in the home crowds. Citizens Bank Park becomes a madhouse when your team arrives.

I am not sure you can say the same about Truist Park when we come to Atlanta.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:47 pm Riley, I will agree that the Phillies have been more intense and passionate our 2 most recent playoff series but I think the x-factor has been the difference in the home crowds. Citizens Bank Park becomes a madhouse when your team arrives.

I am not sure you can say the same about Truist Park when we come to Atlanta.
The Philly crowd is what it is...Most teams who are in the midst of playoff success are going to have amazing fans...

The Braves spent the last month of the season on cruise control, and then had to deal with the bye...These young kids have to got to learn to deal with that. I have full confidence that they will figure it out.
But, lets also keep in mind... The Braves already have 1...It has been 20+ years since we have seen back to back champions, so it is what it is...Even the best team of the era, the Astros won titles 6 years apart...
The Braves are here, and maybe outside of the Orioles and the Dodgers, no team is set up for long term succes like the Braves are, and the reality is, the Braves have more talent than both of those teams...
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

rileymartin wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:37 pm
kobeunderbite wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:58 am It is incredibly optimistic to assume that even 2 out of those 4 will be both healthy and effective come October.

A big change in the equation is simply experience...The Braves have had success early on, but we tend to forget just how young they are...As guys like Ron Acuna, Riley, Ozzie, Harris, and Strider are FINALLY hitting their prime, There is no reason to believe they wont continue their success...
Adding a vet like Sale who can match The Phillies intensity is just what this team needs...Wheeler and Nola are nice, but this is just more about the Braves growing up, maturing, and realizing their greatness.
They already have one World Series to show for it, and there will be more to come...

I know that shit hurts, especially as we have seen your Grandpa Cohen era has been an utter and complete failure, but you are just gonna need to suck that shit up kiddo...

The equation is exactly the same as always, the expanded playoffs are a crapshoot but health is a major factor. If Wheeler and Nola are healthy it will be the same old story and getting excited about Chris Sale aka the left-handed version of deGrom, but not nearly as good when healthy, is just setting yourself up to be disappointed. Why do you think the Redsox gave him away for free?

Morton and Fried are similarly old or made of hollow bird bones, and Strider's TJ and 14 months on the shelf is an inevitability, same for every hard throwing young starter. (Although even when healthy he has been getting his pussy blown out by Castellanos and Harper). Only a matter of time before he's hurt. So good luck to the Braves, we will see who is left standing come playoff time.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

kobeunderbite wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:32 pm
rileymartin wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:37 pm

The equation is exactly the same as always, the expanded playoffs are a crapshoot but health is a major factor. If Wheeler and Nola are healthy it will be the same old story and getting excited about Chris Sale aka the left-handed version of deGrom, but not nearly as good when healthy, is just setting yourself up to be disappointed. Why do you think the Redsox gave him away for free?

Morton and Fried are similarly old or made of hollow bird bones, and Strider's TJ and 14 months on the shelf is an inevitability, same for every hard throwing young starter. (Although even when healthy he has been getting his pussy blown out by Castellanos and Harper). Only a matter of time before he's hurt. So good luck to the Braves, we will see who is left standing come playoff time.
Quite frankly, the Braves are the best run organization in baseball. Anthopolis is the gold standard when it comes to putting the pieces together...

I love your salty tears though kiddo...the Frieds, the Mortons, the Sales...ALL CHAMPIONS kiddo...The lineup is FULL of champions...Nothing warms my heart more than seeing a Met fan chomping on them sour grapes LOL...
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

Blake Snell you are a Yankee

PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

kobeunderbite wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:30 pm Blake Snell you are a Yankee

Cole is out 1 to 2 months with elbow surgery.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:28 pm
kobeunderbite wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:30 pm Blake Snell you are a Yankee

Cole is out 1 to 2 months with elbow surgery.

IMO it's worse than that but they don't want to appear desperate and give the Whitesox/Boras more leverage.
Odogg
Hall of Famer

Post by Odogg »

Padres get Cease. Lol at the Yankers
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

Odogg wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:59 pm Padres get Cease. Lol at the Yankers

Yamamoto beat up again, are u cryin?
Odogg
Hall of Famer

Post by Odogg »

kobeunderbite wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:20 am
Odogg wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:59 pm Padres get Cease. Lol at the Yankers

Yamamoto beat up again, are u cryin?
Over preseason? :stephena:
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Meanwhile, Spencer Strider is Domi"motherfucking"nating...

Be very afraid...You been warned...

It's coming...
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

kobeunderbite wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:32 pm
I gotta have it!