How's your house sale going Dementia?

Talk about anything here.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Re: How's your house sale going Dementia?

Post by rileymartin »

kobeunderbite wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:22 pm
AlaskaHawks wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:14 pm Logic doesn't track.

If you sold your house for a massive gain during the record market you could have written your kids a check for 50k each which is more than they'll save in a year working at whole foods. To each their own I guess. Florida has to be looking pretty good about now though.

None of it makes any sense... he could have sold when the market was strong, put the million in a money market account or something similar, generated an easy 6-7% and rented until he was ready to move and still come out way ahead. There are probably 10+ things he could have done that were less stupid than what he's doing...
You are probably correct. My kids still live at home though, and i gave in to the sentiment…
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Riley's doing a lot of damage control ITT.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Robceltsfan wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:41 pm Riley's doing a lot of damage control ITT.
I mean, most of what has been said here has some truth to it, and if financial gain was the main motivating factor, then of course i made some bad decisions.
But, other factors are involved, and at the end of the day, I will still sell this place for well over a million dollars.
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

Don’t sweat it Riley. Tough choice but ultimately you decided what was best for your family in this particular situation and end of the day that’s all you have to answer to

:suds:
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

riley doesnt understand how supply and demand works ... sad
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Titan18 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:47 pm Don’t sweat it Riley. Tough choice but ultimately you decided what was best for your family in this particular situation and end of the day that’s all you have to answer to

Yea, I am good with it. I have made a lot of people happy with this decision, including Undies who likes the fact that I have lost money LOL.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Titan18 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:47 pm Don’t sweat it Riley. Tough choice but ultimately you decided what was best for your family in this particular situation and end of the day that’s all you have to answer to

On a troll board that can be insufferable at times, a very classy post. Hats off.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

My guess is that my house would have went for around 1.3 million.

It will to interesting to see where it will fall next year.
Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

Post by Uncontroversial »

rileymartin wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:44 am
kobeunderbite wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:36 am
rileymartin wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:29 am Unfortunately, I am delaying my move for another year...It is going to be July 2024 now...

The company I worked for doubled my salary, and promised to increase my year end bonus, if I gave another 2 year commitment. I told them I would give them one more year...

So you lose $400,000 in value on your supposed million dollar home, to double your 45k salary to 90k for 1 year?

I guess they don't have any kind of mathematics requirement in the army lol...
My salary is 50K, and now it is 100k..I got 50k in bonuses last year, so we will see how that shakes out.
I completely understand in the grand scheme of things I am losing, but I consulted my kids who arent going to California, and it gives them another year to save...
No doubt in the end I am going to lose, although it wont be 400k like you hope.
Whoa

Living in Cali on a 50k salary might be worse than artmans situation

At least you’re honest

I’m getting financially bludgeoned too this year but still way better off than you
Shut your bitch mouth, Trumpie loser
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

Uncontroversial wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:04 pm

So you lose $400,000 in value on your supposed million dollar home, to double your 45k salary to 90k for 1 year?

My salary is 50K, and now it is 100k..I got 50k in bonuses last year, so we will see how that shakes out.
I completely understand in the grand scheme of things I am losing, but I consulted my kids who arent going to California, and it gives them another year to save...
Whoa

At least you’re honest

I’m getting financially bludgeoned too this year but still way better off than you
why r u getting fucked this year if you dont mind me asking?
Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

Alex_Murphy wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:04 pm
Whoa

At least you’re honest

Having trouble staying fully staffed and losing business over it.

$50k a year to sit around and make music all day is apparently not a desirable job for young people with no college education anymore

Just realized my employees make more than Riley to do nothing in a cheaper city and still walking away ho-hum
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

Uncontroversial wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:11 pm
Whoa

At least you’re honest

$50k a year to sit around and make music all day is apparently not a desirable job for young people with no college education anymore
so your top engineers left? damn that fucking sucks ...

how many hours have you had to put into the studio lately r u back to working there full-time?
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Whoa

At least you’re honest

I made 100k last year kiddo...Nice try though...

My investments got bludgeoned though...
Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

Alex_Murphy wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:14 pm

how many hours have you had to put into the studio lately r u back to working there full-time?
they left and took their clients with em to their shitty little low quality home studios.

im an idiot for not making them sign non-compete agreements, but there were verbal agreements. Not sure how enforceable. But theyll run out of clients soon, music will become a side hustle for them, and my business will still be going in 20 years with 10+ locations.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

vcsgrizzfan wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:53 pm

On a troll board that can be insufferable at times, a very classy post. Hats off.

I think that the tame reactions in this thread are actually a testament to people here being generally nice and sympathetic.
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

kobeunderbite wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:44 pm

I think that the tame reactions in this thread are actually a testament to people here being generally nice and sympathetic.
:nashpoint:
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

Uncontroversial wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:31 pm
Alex_Murphy wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:14 pm

they left and took their clients with em to their shitty little low quality home studios.

im an idiot for not making them sign non-compete agreements, but there were verbal agreements. Not sure how enforceable. But theyll run out of clients soon, music will become a side hustle for them, and my business will still be going in 20 years with 10+ locations.
best of luck!
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Perception is in the eye of the beholder. Perceptions tend to be pretty wonky on this board, although for many, I will attribute it to trolling. For others, it is more an inability to see outside of their own prism.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

vcsgrizzfan wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:03 pm

Perception is in the eye of the beholder. Perceptions tend to be pretty wonky on this board, although for many, I will attribute it to trolling. For others, it is more an inability to see outside of their own prism.

Be that as it may, there is definite restraint being demonstrated in this thread, especially considering Riley's typically colorful way of communicating.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Titan absolutely nailed it.

:handsup: