Who you guys got in tonight's fights?

Talk about anything here.
CleveTown™
Superstar

Who you guys got in tonight's fights?

Post by CleveTown™ »

I'd love to see Izzy get KOd, but I think he's just going to dance and run around for 5 rnds. Hopefully Pereira will catch him, stun him then finish him. But we've yet to see anyone be able to close the gap and put a sustained effort on Izzy.

Weili gets her much deserved belt back. She's not getting jipped on another decision and KOs Carla. Nuff said.

For the shock of the night, well maybe not so much, but I'll say Chandler gets lucky and lands a big 1st round KO on Justin. If not, Justin takes him in the 3rd.

My RAPTURE LETTER to Angergeneral: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=129641&p=1841888
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Re: Who you guys got in tonight's fights?

Post by Alex_Murphy »

it's so cringe hearing you talk about fighting after I've seen what your cankles look like :L
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

Alex_Murphy wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:33 pm it's so cringe hearing you talk about fighting after I've seen what your cankles look like :L
:mrchow:
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

I think out of the big 3, the favorites (Israel, Weili, and Poirier) win, but it's definitely a card with upset potential.

Carla Esparza grinding out Weili to a boring decision win would be funny because Dana's head would explode. Losing a bit of that future China money in exchange for literally the least exciting, most boring champion in modern UFC history (maybe all of it). She *does* have an out. Of course, the smart money is still the opposite.

For the fellas, I think Dustin is about on the verge of falling off (and should not fight Colby if that ever became a real option), but his boxing is crisper and powerful enough to make Chandler pay for coming in. I think the degree to which Chandler mixes his skillset (instead of just banging)is the degree that he flips things. If it's an all-striking affair, I think Dustin wins a reasonably contested decision. If not...50/50ish.

I watched the old KB fights between Israel and Poatan, but I'm not sure how relevant those fights are mechanically in this case (psychologically, maybe). Poatan can obviously get Israel out of the fight with KO power, but I agree Israel wins a decision with a little bit more volume, evasion, and precision. I really, really hope it doesn't turn into a low-offense shitfest though. I'm actually going to buy this one.

I expect Gutierrez to beat Edgar at this point, and cleanly.

Hooker/Puelles is basically a coin flip IMO. Gun-to-head I'd say Hooker.
CleveTown™
Superstar

Post by CleveTown™ »

CleveTown™ wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:28 pm I'd love to see Izzy get KOd, but I think he's just going to dance and run around for 5 rnds. Hopefully Pereira will catch him, stun him then finish him. But we've yet to see anyone be able to close the gap and put a sustained effort on Izzy.

Weili gets her much deserved belt back. She's not getting jipped on another decision and KOs Carla. Nuff said.

For the shock of the night, well maybe not so much, but I'll say Chandler gets lucky and lands a big 1st round KO on Justin. If not, Dustin takes him in the 3rd.

CleveTown™
Superstar

Post by CleveTown™ »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:44 pm I think out of the big 3, the favorites (Israel, Weili, and Poirier) win, but it's definitely a card with upset potential.

Carla Esparza grinding out Weili to a boring decision win would be funny because Dana's head would explode. Losing a bit of that future China money in exchange for literally the least exciting, most boring champion in modern UFC history (maybe all of it). She *does* have an out. Of course, the smart money is still the opposite.

For the fellas, I think Dustin is about on the verge of falling off (and should not fight Colby if that ever became a real option), but his boxing is crisper and powerful enough to make Chandler pay for coming in. I think the degree to which Chandler mixes his skillset (instead of just banging)is the degree that he flips things. If it's an all-striking affair, I think Dustin wins a reasonably contested decision. If not...50/50ish.

I watched the old KB fights between Israel and Poatan, but I'm not sure how relevant those fights are mechanically in this case (psychologically, maybe). Poatan can obviously get Israel out of the fight with KO power, but I agree Israel wins a decision with a little bit more volume, evasion, and precision. I really, really hope it doesn't turn into a low-offense shitfest though. I'm actually going to buy this one.

I expect Gutierrez to beat Edgar at this point, and cleanly.

Hooker/Puelles is basically a coin flip IMO. Gun-to-head I'd say Hooker.
Bruh, why pay?
https://watch.crackstreams.me/mmastreams
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Because I can easily afford it, I'm consooooming a product, and I want the fighters to ultimately have more money for what they do.

I don't buy every card.

By the way, Buff Streams is a good backup. They will usually have like 20 different streams linked.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Shoutout to Bush's Purdon't beating a ranked team on the road today :suds:
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Havlicekstealsit wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:57 pm Shoutout to Bush's Purdon't beating a ranked team on the road today :suds:
:suds:
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Puelles kept trying to drop into guard or roll up a knee and Hooker adjusted and dismantled.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Hopefully this encourages him to fill out his game a bit. He's still pretty young.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Wow. I'm happy Frankie is retiring.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Wish he didn't go out that way, but it's (past) time.

What a great career. Imagine beating the (then) LW GOAT as someone who can make 135, and three title defenses.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Want Chandler here.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

What a damn round.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Hell of a fight.

Respect to DP.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

It's impossible for the American trio to not be in great fights against each other :D

Did not see that finish, I admit. Awesome!
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

That camera angle looked suspicious.

He definitely fishhooked him.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:35 am It's impossible for the American trio to not be in great fights against each other :D

Did not see that finish, I admit. Awesome!
Absolutely.

I also love an American fighter that reps the flag.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

No Paul Brothers or Brock Lesnar tonight?