Headline of the Year: "LeCommie becomes all-time Points leader YET can't lead team to Playoffs"

Talk about anything here.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Headline of the Year: "LeCommie becomes all-time Points leader YET can't lead team to Playoffs"

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

:mjlaugh:

:sadbron:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Re: Headline of the Year: "LeCommie becomes all-time Points leader YET can't lead team to Playoffs"

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Jordan played five seasons without Scottie Pippen.

In each of those seasons, he led his team to a sub .500 record.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Re: Headline of the Year: "LeCommie becomes all-time Points leader YET can't lead team to Playoffs"

Bush4Ever. wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:37 am Jordan played five seasons without Scottie Pippen.

Unless you're making the argument that Pippen is the GOAT, I'm not sure what your post has to do with LeCommie being on the verge of missing the Playoffs 25% of his career... but regardless, your post is wrong on all accounts.

Jordan played only 17 games in 85-86, and in those games the Bulls went 9-9 (vs. 21-43 without him)... and in 01-02 (when he came back from a 3-year hiatus) he led the Wiz to a 30-30 record (vs. 7-15 without him).

By contrast LeCommie "led" the Lakers to a 25-31 record in games he played last year ( :lol: ), even though he played alongside multiple future HOFERS.

Take a walk...

:slapping:

:asskicking:

:sadbron:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:10 pm
Bush4Ever. wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:37 am Jordan played five seasons without Scottie Pippen.

Unless you're making the argument that Pippen is the GOAT, I'm not sure what your post has to do with LeCommie being on the verge of missing the Playoffs 25% of his career.
Jordan literally had five chances to lead a team to a winning record without Pippen, and failed each and every single time.

In most years, winning 38 or 40 games isn't making the playoffs.

Even being generous and counting 1995, Jordan had a sub .500 record in 5/15 seasons (33%) and 100 percent of seasons without Scottie Pippen.

Jordan, as a third-year 23 year old couldn't generate a winning record for his team.

In 2020, a 20 year old second-year Luka won the equivalent of 47 games and made the playoffs.

Jordan's record as a winner is hyper-hyper specific to:

1. Having the best supporting cast
2. Having a top 30ish all-time player
3. Having a top 3ish coach
4. Playing in a weak era
5. Playing in an era with zero legendary teams

When those conditions weren't met, he struggle to even make the playoffs or win a playoff series.

These are historical facts and cannot be argued against.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:45 am

Unless you're making the argument that Pippen is the GOAT, I'm not sure what your post has to do with LeCommie being on the verge of missing the Playoffs 25% of his career.
Jordan literally had five chances to lead a team to a winning record without Pippen, and failed each and every single time.

Even being generous and counting 1995, Jordan had a sub .500 record in 5/15 seasons (33%) and 100 percent of seasons without Scottie Pippen.

Jordan, as a third-year 23 year old couldn't generate a winning record for his team.

In 2020, a 20 year old second-year Luka won the equivalent of 47 games and made the playoffs.

4. Playing in a weak era

When those conditions weren't met, he struggle to even make the playoffs or win a playoff series.

Lol
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

“LeCommie”

:haha2:
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bush4Ever. wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:45 am

4. Playing in a weak era

Congrats on living up to your "bush-league level troll" reputation.

:roll:

I like how you go from "led team to sub .500 record" to now, "couldn't generate a winning record" after I showed you he indeed did lead his team to a .500 record in two of those five seasons.

I stopped reading there to avoid embarrassing you further.

:asskicking:

LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

So MJ really never had a winning record without Pippen? Jesus…
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

LNS wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:11 pm So MJ really never had a winning record without Pippen? Jesus…
Five chances too.

Five failures at a pretty moderate task, including two chances that were adjacent to Lebron's era in terms of time.

Five years isn't a career, but it's not completely trivial.

And in five years without Pippen, Jordan literally had a sub .500 record and zero playoff series wins.

Luka is *already* more accomplished on a career front than Pippenless Jordan.

There's no player in the top 10 all-time whose success is more directly correlated to outside help than Jordan.
Last edited by Bush4Ever. on Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

LNS wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:11 pm So MJ really never had a winning record without Pippen? Jesus…
Pippen = GOAT... I can dig it.