Orlando sports journalist wants Zimmerman to box Tyson ...

Talk about anything here.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Orlando sports journalist wants Zimmerman to box Tyson ...

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

Orlando sports journalist wants Zimmerman to box Tyson in celebrity boxing match

So George Zimmerman thinks he can box?

Cool. How about “Iron” Mike Tyson as his opponent?

Let’s be real: Count me in as among the many, many people in this country who would like to see Zimmerman get tattooed in the face.

His acquittal in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin was the right call, given the spotty evidence, but there’s this thing called common sense, coupled with the bad karma that’s followed Zimmerman since the verdict, that makes him a dubious “neighborhood watchdog.”

Pictures: NFL prospects from Florida schools

Zimmerman, reduced to a freakish sideshow trying to come up with some cash to pay the bills, now wants to fight in a celebrity match on March 1 and donate any earnings to charity.

I am sure that will make it all right in the eyes of everyone who thinks he got away with murder.

Tyson, the former heavyweight champ, would be a great choice. Of course, he would have to get in line. California rapper The Game is already up for the challenge, according to TMZ.com.

“I would not be boxing for me. I’d be boxing for the legacy of Trayvon Martin and for his family,” The Game said. “I would box him to knock him out…I would definitely take pleasure in it. It’s legal, and I want to show him you can solve your disputes without a weapon.”

Tyson, of course, could beat Zimmerman to a pulp, with every shot becoming cathartic payback for everyone in Trayvon’s corner. But whomever the opponent, I suspect that Georgie Boy will run for cover at the first clean shot, or heaven forbid, the sight of blood, and go down for a 10-count.

Count me among those people hoping he stays down _ or most importantly, out of our sight. He’s done enough damage in his lifetime.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/b ... 85854.post" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Sudanese Sensation on Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Re: Orlando sports journalist wants Zimmerman to box Tyson .

Post by Deez »

I'd like to see Tyson knock him out in 1 swing.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

deezna10 wrote:I'd like to see Tyson knock him out in 1 swing.
Tyson has done a lot of bad things but he has never killed any one.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

WiseGuy wrote:
No Tyson hasn't ever done anything bad like that but I wouldn't mind seeing Tyson knock him out. Did somebody say Tyson did something bad like that?
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

deezna10 wrote:
WiseGuy wrote:
No Tyson hasn't ever done anything bad like that but I wouldn't mind seeing Tyson knock him out. Did somebody say Tyson did something bad like that?
No. Nobody said Tyson did anything as bad as killing someone. But if he was to box Zimmerman that can not be completely ruled out as an outcome.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

WiseGuy wrote:
deezna10 wrote:
WiseGuy wrote: Tyson has done a lot of bad things but he has never killed any one.
No. Nobody said Tyson did anything as bad as killing someone. But if he was to box Zimmerman that can not be completely ruled out as an outcome.
Nobody would die in a boxing match.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

deezna10 wrote:
WiseGuy wrote:
deezna10 wrote: No Tyson hasn't ever done anything bad like that but I wouldn't mind seeing Tyson knock him out. Did somebody say Tyson did something bad like that?
Nobody would die in a boxing match.
Even in his diminished state Tyson could easily kill somebody in the ring; especially some vastly overmatched person who has no idea what he's doing.
Buckets
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Buckets »

That would be awesome. Maybe he would knock some sense into Zim