Anyone know how the Russia/Ukraine war is going?

Talk about anything here.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Anyone know how the Russia/Ukraine war is going?

Post by LNS »

It’s been about a month or so, and TBH I haven’t really been keeping up to date on it.

So what’s the score so far?
Last edited by LNS on Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Re: Anyone know how the Russia/Ukraine war is going?

Post by Robceltsfan »

LNS wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:24 pm It’s been about a month or so, and TBH I haven’t really been beeping up to date on it.

So what’s the score so far?
It's Russia 8, Ukraine 6.

Top of the 7th inning. Russia has the top of the order coming to bat....and Ukraine is on their 4th reliever.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

My un-biased assessment compiled from the various sources I've been watching:
  • Russians making extremely slow progress on the outer edges of Ukraine.
  • Complete stalemate and Russians getting pushed back near Kyiv (the capital).
  • Russians resorting to indiscriminate shelling and air-strikes of civilians buildings and gatherings because they are frustrated at their lack of military progress.
  • Looking like Afghanistan 2.0 for Russia, unfortunately against a much better trained army. A superior fow, combined with guerilla tactics has smashed parts of their invasion and supply lines.
  • All together a very bad look for the Russian military. Most people considered them the 2nd strongest military in the world, and they've looked completely amateur so far. Their logistics have been abysmal and soldier morale is overall low.
Last edited by LeBronMonsterDunk on Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

Russia is doing a slow burn, they are gradually taking territories beginning with the countryside then the town. this strategy is to keep towns permanently and to eradicate the potentiality of guerilla warfare.

Kiev is now surrounded and Zelensky is hiding out in Poland.

Check the method from Bedrock, 'cause I rock your head to bed
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:28 pm My un-biased assessment compiled from the various sources I've been watching:
  • Russians resorting to indiscriminate shelling and air-strikes of civilians buildings and gatherings because they are frustrated at their lack of military progress.
  • All together a very bad look for the Russian military. Most people considered them the 2nd strongest military in the world, and they've looked completely amateur so far.
Interesting… any validity to the rumors that Russia has lost five Generals?
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

keep in mind this is a delicate operation. Russia is not performing a shock and awe bombardment. its surgical strikes, surrounding the towns and giving the residents the option to voluntarily leave, and only when the residents refuse do they go ham.
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

LNS wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:29 pm
LeBronMonsterDunk wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:28 pm My un-biased assessment compiled from the various sources I've been watching:
  • All together a very bad look for the Russian military. Most people considered them the 2nd strongest military in the world, and they've looked completely amateur so far.
Hard to say for sure. Russia has taken heavy losses no doubt, that's easy to see from the on-ground footage. But the only sources releasing casualty numbers currently are Ukraine and Russia, and neither of those figures can be believed.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:32 pm
LNS wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:29 pm
Hard to say for sure. Russia has taken heavy losses no doubt, that's easy to see from the on-ground footage. But the only sources releasing casualty numbers currently are Ukraine and Russia, and neither of those figures can be believed.
That’s kinda what I figured. Both are going to exaggerate their kills and downplay their losses, helps/hurts morale and all that.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

The Russians are now on their twenty fifth day of their mission to take Kyiv in two days.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Not really a war monger. But I understand there are many reasons for war and that it's been around for many, many centuries. It's part of who we are.

But this one has been different. I know some Ukrainians. But we don't know where they are right now... except that the men joined the military to fight. And that includes a guy I've known for years who last time I saw him in the fall was on his way out of the U.S. to rejoin his wife who just had a baby. Now, he's in a war that he's going to lose eventually? Actually, I hope he (and the other guys) are still in that war.

First time I've known people in that situation. Hits home a lot more.

[Note: The mom and baby are safe, out of Ukraine, working on a passport for the baby to come to the U.S. I hope the father joins them someday. He's a genuinely good dude.]
Last edited by AbeVigodaLive on Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

This is beginning to look a lot like the Winter War when a vastly overmatched Finland fought the Soviet Union to a stalemate in 1939. Of the operation Nikita Khruschev said to Joseph Stalin now the world will see the Soviet Union as a colossus with feet of clay.
Last edited by Sudanese Sensation on Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

Sudanese Sensation wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:11 pm This is beginning to look a lot like the Wintet War when a vastly overmatched Finland fought the Soviet Union to a stalemate in 1939. Of the operation Nikita Khruschev said to Joseph Stalin now the world will see the Soviet Union as a colossus with feet of clay.

Yep. I remember that.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

lettherebehouse wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:13 pm
Sudanese Sensation wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:11 pm This is beginning to look a lot like the Wintet War when a vastly overmatched Finland fought the Soviet Union to a stalemate in 1939. Of the operation Nikita Khruschev said to Joseph Stalin now the world will see the Soviet Union as a colossus with feet of clay.

Yep. I remember that.
I was gonna post that stuff about Finland and Nikita Khruschev too, but SS beat me to it.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

That's about 3,000 more deaths than we have had in every war since Vietnam. The Russians have now lost more men in 24 days action in Ukraine than we have lost in fifty-one years.
Last edited by Sudanese Sensation on Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

Sudanese Sensation wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:11 pm This is beginning to look a lot like the Winter War when a vastly overmatched Finland fought the Soviet Union to a stalemate in 1939. Of the operation Nikita Khruschev said to Joseph Stalin now the world will see the Soviet Union as a colossus with feet of clay.
wrong. Ukraine does not have the social cohesion and the nationalistic lutheran spirit of Findland. Its a debauched rabble of homosexualists, abortionists and neonazis and human traffickers.
The reason for the length of the war is Russia being intentionally cautious so as to get a complete victory. Russia did the same thing in Chechnya. Russia's military tactics are not like America which is to try to get an immediate victory then suffer depletion due to guerilla warfare as in Iraq.

Sudanese Sensation
Legend

If Russia's winning I'd hate to see what losing looks like.
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

Sudanese Sensation wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:28 pm If Russia's winning I'd hate to see what losing looks like.
Russia is not going full blast. the strategy is to occupy and permanently control Ukraine. this is why it is intentionally moving from countryside to City.
Russia can easily carpet bomb the Ukraine into smithereens if it so chooses, just like the Israelis can do the same to the Palestinians. The goal of this military undertaking by Russia is much more nuanced.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

AtiliusRegulus wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:36 pm
Sudanese Sensation wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:28 pm If Russia's winning I'd hate to see what losing looks like.
Russia is not going full blast. the strategy is to occupy and permanently control Ukraine. this is why it is intentionally moving from countryside to City.
Russia can easily carpet bomb the Ukraine into smithereens if it so chooses, just like the Israelis can do the same to the Palestinians. The goal of this military undertaking by Russia is much more nuanced.
Uhhh… I mean isn’t the goal to not rule rubble afterwards? That’s like saying the US could’ve won Vietnam by sending a few nukes up Charlie’s ass.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

I stand with Mother Russia.
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

LNS wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:37 pm
AtiliusRegulus wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:36 pm
Uhhh… I mean isn’t the goal to not rule rubble afterwards? That’s like saying the US could’ve won Vietnam by sending a few nukes up Charlie’s ass.
err yes.