How you like them burgers?

Talk about anything here.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

How you like them burgers?

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Apples and burgers. It's mostly all I know in life. Or, at least care about (along with basketball).

I finally had an In N Out burger last week.

It was fine. Even good. But better than a cheffy Twin Cities burger? Of course not. Better than even Five Guys? Meh. Probably not?
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Re: How you like them burgers?

Post by Robceltsfan »

Hi Abe!
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

Nothing beats a good blue cheese bacon burger.

Also, I’ve never had In-N-Out but it wouldn’t surprise me if it was overrated. It reminds me of when we first got Carl’s Jr. around here.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

In n ok ut is the most overrated burger on earth
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

elartman1973 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:35 am In n ok ut is the most overrated burger on earth

Glad I didn't get the "In n ok ut" burger. Sounds pretty terrible.
Thedictator
Legend

Post by Thedictator »

To be fair i don't think they have 5 guys out there
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

Sure there are better burgers but it’s the freshness, quality, and price that rank in n out so high. Yea, a five guys burger with fries is better, but rated at a 8.5 it’s twice the price of in n out rated at a 8.

That’s why in n out is king.

Glad you enjoyed.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Titan18 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:42 am Sure there are better burgers but it’s the freshness, quality, and price that rank in n out so high. Yea, a five guys burger with fries is better, but rated at a 8.5 it’s twice the price of in n out rated at a 8.

Glad you enjoyed.

Well... the thing is that it's not like the price was super cheap though.

I get that prices are different in different cities... or even parts of certain cities. What is the usual cost of an animal style double-double with fries and a coke? It cost me more than the equivalent at Five Guys. It was closer to a Midwest-city-priced cheffy burger.

[Edit: A quick online search shows that they usually are pretty cheap... and I just paid much-higher tourist prices for my lunch.]
Last edited by AbeVigodaLive on Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

zombiesonics wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:32 am Nothing beats a good blue cheese bacon burger.

:kobefacepalm:
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Titan18 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:42 am Sure there are better burgers but it’s the freshness, quality, and price that rank in n out so high. Yea, a five guys burger with fries is better, but rated at a 8.5 it’s twice the price of in n out rated at a 8.

Glad you enjoyed.
You get your burger from 5 Guys as quickly as you can get a burger cooked to order.

In-N-Out takes (in my sample size of events), at least 30 minutes post-order. Maybe 45.

If you don't take that difference into account, the analysis is flawed.

How much is 15-30 extra minutes of your time?
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

lettherebehouse wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:47 am
zombiesonics wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:32 am Nothing beats a good blue cheese bacon burger.

:kobefacepalm:
Might be off topic but it’s facts my G.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

I can’t even say the words blue cheese without gagging
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

I need to hear more about why Bush is waiting 45 minutes at In 'N Out. Did you go to a grand opening or something? Did you order like a jerk and they made you wait on purpose?
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:49 am

Glad you enjoyed.
You get your burger from 5 Guys as quickly as you can get a burger cooked to order.

In-N-Out takes (in my sample size of events), at least 30 minutes post-order. Maybe 45.

If you don't take that difference into account, the analysis is flawed.

How much is 15-30 extra minutes of your time?
I’ve never waited more than 10 minutes for my in n out order. I’ve only gone to the ones in Texas though. Maybe the Cali ones are longer wait times.

10-15 minutes is probably the norm for five guys in my experience but I have waited up to 30 minutes a few times depending on how busy and retarded the staff is that particular day.
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

Never had In-N-Out.....but every time I see a picture of their food it looks delicious. It looks like something I'd like. Can't be more overrated than Chik-fil-a.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

It's easily my favorite fast food burger. I don't know if I'd consider 5 Guys fast food.

(Whaddup Abe?)
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Kingcarl24 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:25 pm It's easily my favorite fast food burger. I don't know if I'd consider 5 Guys fast food.
Took longer for my fast food In N Out burger than any Five Guys burger I've had.

Granted, it was pretty damn busy.

[Note: Hey Karl!]
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:26 pm
Kingcarl24 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:25 pm It's easily my favorite fast food burger. I don't know if I'd consider 5 Guys fast food.
Took longer for my fast food In N Out burger than any Five Guys burger I've had.

Yeah that's weird. The In N Out in my town isn't Chick-Fil-A fast but it's darn near close. It's not like Culvers where they have designated parking lot for you to wait for your food which takes like 20 minutes.
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

manchild98 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:13 pm Never had In-N-Out.....but every time I see a picture of their food it looks delicious. It looks like something I'd like. Can't be more overrated than Chik-fil-a.
Chik-fil-A might not live up to the hype, but it’s just about the only drive thru spot that gives you something resembling quality.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Kingcarl24 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:33 pm
AbeVigodaLive wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:26 pm

Yeah that's weird. The In N Out in my town isn't Chick-Fil-A fast but it's darn near close. It's not like Culvers where they have designated parking lot for you to wait for your food which takes like 20 minutes.

Culver's has been MUCH faster.