Stunning and brave

Talk about anything here.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Re: Stunning and brave

Post by Kingcarl24 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:47 pm
Kingcarl24 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:37 pm So let me get this straight. The don't say gay bill that ESPN is holding moments of silence for simply prevents teachers from discussing homosexuality with kids K-3rd grade?

What else am I missing? Why are teachers talking about sexuality at all with 8 year olds?
Sometimes people like to create their own interpretations or even narratives of more complicated issues to create/support/tout their own agendas.

That could be the case here... much like it is when people act up in arms over critical race theory allegedly being taught in schools.
So that's not what the bill is saying?
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

ESPN gonna ESPN
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

elartman1973 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:03 pm
Da Stars. wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:32 pm
elartman1973 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:00 pm Yes..its better to have confused children than educated children...
-Republicans
Boys have a Penis, Girls have a Vagina. What is so confusing about this statement, from the movie Kindergarten cop.
Yes but these others exist...its stupid to pretend they dont and even stupider to hide that they exist .

You miss the point here...its not about being for or against..its about not pretending certain people dont exist.

Republicans and thier triggered cancel culture...these are the same people who claim to be against censorship and for free speech.....guess not...jus more lip service
No one is saying “they don’t exist” you fat sweaty mongoloid. They’re saying that a tranny competing against women is literally unfair and nothing to be celebrated. It’s clown world shit. He was not a great swimmer while a man.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Kingcarl24 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:49 pm
Kingcarl24 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:37 pm So let me get this straight. The don't say gay bill that ESPN is holding moments of silence for simply prevents teachers from discussing homosexuality with kids K-3rd grade?

What else am I missing? Why are teachers talking about sexuality at all with 8 year olds?
Sometimes people like to create their own interpretations or even narratives of more complicated issues to create/support/tout their own agendas.

That could be the case here... much like it is when people act up in arms over critical race theory allegedly being taught in schools.
I don't know. I'm not a legal expert nor an expert on reading/understanding proposed bills like this.

But from what I've read is that it seems to be worded in a way that leads to a lot of gray area, especially around what "discussions" or "instruction" means... which leads to individual interpretations of what it actually is or could become.

Seems like a lot of grandstanding from De Santis to showcase his bona fides to his base... along with some pearl-clutching from others projecting the very worst real life consequences to a nebulous, possibly irrelevant proposal.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:15 pm

I don't know. I'm not a legal expert nor an expert on reading/understanding proposed bills like this.

But from what I've read is that it seems to be worded in a way that leads to a lot of gray area, especially around what "discussions" or "instruction" means... which leads to individual interpretations of what it actually is or could become.

Seems like a lot of grandstanding from De Santis to showcase his bona fides to his base... along with some pearl-clutching from others projecting the very worst real life consequences to a nebulous, possibly irrelevant proposal.
So holding a moment of silence on ESPN because of this bill might be overkill?
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Kingcarl24 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:25 pm
AbeVigodaLive wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:15 pm

So holding a moment of silence on ESPN because of this bill might be overkill?

Yeah. I don't see the correlation with how this affects ESPN.

The more I read about the bill... the more it seems more like a political PR stunt to rally the base(s) than anything serious politicians think could actually happen.

Again, there's so much intentional (or unintentional) vague language in the bill that it would tie this thing up in courts for a very long time... along with a ton of real and frivolous lawsuits if it was actually passed.