Stuff I don't eat

Talk about anything here.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Stuff I don't eat

Post by kobeunderbite »

I'm going to do something very rare for me and start a food thread. Stuff I won't eat:

Shellfish
Pig
Virtually any tropical fruit on its own
Olives
Beets
Don't really like mushrooms
Anything canned or frozen
Hearts, spleen, stuff like that (although I like liver)
Deli meat or hotdogs (quit)
Gushers

That's about all I can think of for now
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Re: Stuff I don't eat

Post by Kingcarl24 »

The tropical fruit one is interesting to me. You don't like pineapple?

I don't eat cherries. Make me sick to my stomach.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

You've never had bacon or ham? Or did and just quit? Just thinking more than likely you had some sort of meat that came from pigs in your life.

Realizing I don't randomly eat fruit in its solid form. Like I won't buy or eat a solid pear but I'll puree it into a smoothie and such to drink.
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

-Tomatoes
-Onions
-Mushrooms
-Cherries
-Shellfish
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

I don't east cheap fast food much anymore I guess. If I want a burger 10x out of 10 I'll order one from a pub rather than settling for McDonalds or BK.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

Cucumbers
Eggplant
Boiled egg yolk
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Havlicekstealsit wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:51 pm I don't east cheap fast food much anymore I guess. If I want a burger 10x out of 10 I'll order one from a pub rather than settling for McDonalds or BK.

Oh you fancy huh

:obama:
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

I think I've mentioned this once or twice, but I absolutely hate beans.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Kingcarl24 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:30 pm The tropical fruit one is interesting to me. You don't like pineapple?

I don't eat cherries. Make me sick to my stomach.

I "would" eat pineapple, it's not disgusting to me or anything but I wouldn't put it on my plate. I eat tons of 'regular' fruit but anything tropical, ie pineapple, kiwi, passionfruit, mango, whatever, I just don't like. I do sometimes eat pineapple-flavored things though.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Mushrooms are fantastic.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

LNS wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:43 pm Mushrooms are fantastic.

They sure are. On burgers, pizza, salads, sandwiches, pasta sauce, milkshakes. I put it on everythang.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

I'm a big fan of mushrooms as well. My grandpa was a mushroom "hunter". I use to go out with him in the hills around Spokane, Washington and hunt mushrooms. We were always after morels. Those things taste like bacon when cooked right.

LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Kingcarl24 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:09 pm
I'm a big fan of mushrooms as well. My grandpa was a mushroom "hunter". I use to go out with him in the hills around Spokane, Washington and hunt mushrooms. We were always after morels. Those things taste like bacon when cooked right.

That’s interesting, don’t think I’ve had morels before. You use a dog or something?
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

LNS wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:33 pm

That’s interesting, don’t think I’ve had morels before. You use a dog or something?
No he just knew where to look. He never really taught me how to do it. He'd just say, "Go look under that log over there." I'd run over and sure enough there would be 3-4 of those bad boys.

Morel's are hard to get because you can't farm them. They have to be foraged. If you get a chance though, order them. They're really tasty.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Kingcarl24 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:45 pm
LNS wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:33 pm

No he just knew where to look. He never really taught me how to do it. He'd just say, "Go look under that log over there." I'd run over and sure enough there would be 3-4 of those bad boys.

Morel's are hard to get because you can't farm them. They have to be foraged. If you get a chance though, order them. They're really tasty.
That’s awesome. I went and googled “mushroom hunting Idaho” and found this website:

https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/boise/ho ... rdb5042896

Persons may personal harvest up to 5 gallons of morel mushrooms per person and possess up to 10 gallons per person per day.

I’ll have to go try it sometime. The wifey is all about hiking and rock hunting (she’s a big rock collecting nerd), so I don’t think it’ll be hard to get her to go along.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

I think that's where we'd go. Northern Idaho demands you explore it more. Have you been up north yet? The Cour D'Alene area is so pretty as is the Salmon river and all along there.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Kingcarl24 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:40 pm I think that's where we'd go. Northern Idaho demands you explore it more. Have you been up north yet? The Cour D'Alene area is so pretty as is the Salmon river and all along there.
No I actually haven’t. It’s one of those things we’ve been meaning to do but always put off.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

LNS wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:45 pm
Kingcarl24 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:40 pm I think that's where we'd go. Northern Idaho demands you explore it more. Have you been up north yet? The Cour D'Alene area is so pretty as is the Salmon river and all along there.
No I actually haven’t. It’s one of those things we’ve been meaning to do but always put off.
I get it. We didn't start exploring Southern Utah till like 4 or 5 years ago.

The Salmon river does some white water rafting for beginners. I did that trip in high school and it was one of my favorites. Sleeping on the bank of the river. Waking up and hitting the rapids. That was a great trip.

lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Those look like DaStars’ testicles. Hard skip.

:melo:
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

lettherebehouse wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:24 pm

Those look like DaStars’ testicles. Hard skip.

:melo:
Fagoteur called him DUIStars and I gotta applaud the little incel about that one. :clap: