Stuff I don't eat

Talk about anything here.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Re: Stuff I don't eat

Post by Kingcarl24 »

lettherebehouse wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:24 pm
Kingcarl24 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:09 pm
LNS wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:43 pm Mushrooms are fantastic.
I'm a big fan of mushrooms as well. My grandpa was a mushroom "hunter". I use to go out with him in the hills around Spokane, Washington and hunt mushrooms. We were always after morels. Those things taste like bacon when cooked right.

Those look like DaStars’ testicles. Hard skip.

:melo:
Your loss man.

Check out how many top chefs prefer the morel.

https://blog.opentable.com/fabulous-fun ... await-you/
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

Is this a jewish thing Undies? Shrimp is awesome. Oysters on the half shell, delicious. Baby back ribs fixed right. Outstanding. Beets, one of the best veggies for you. But, to each their own.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Da Stars. wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:23 pm Is this a jewish thing Undies? Shrimp is awesome. Oysters on the half shell, delicious. Baby back ribs fixed right. Outstanding. Beets, one of the best veggies for you. But, to each their own.

It's definitely a Jewish thing. Never tried any of that. Well, except beets, and I'm just not a fan of those.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

LNS wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:35 pm
Kingcarl24 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:45 pm
LNS wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:33 pm

That’s interesting, don’t think I’ve had morels before. You use a dog or something?
No he just knew where to look. He never really taught me how to do it. He'd just say, "Go look under that log over there." I'd run over and sure enough there would be 3-4 of those bad boys.

Morel's are hard to get because you can't farm them. They have to be foraged. If you get a chance though, order them. They're really tasty.
That’s awesome. I went and googled “mushroom hunting Idaho” and found this website:

https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/boise/ho ... rdb5042896

Persons may personal harvest up to 5 gallons of morel mushrooms per person and possess up to 10 gallons per person per day.

I’ll have to go try it sometime. The wifey is all about hiking and rock hunting (she’s a big rock collecting nerd), so I don’t think it’ll be hard to get her to go along.
My Iowan relatives harvest them every spring, then batter with cracker crumbs and fry in butter. Delicious.
I’ve been having shiitakes fried in butter and finished with soy sauce and a little toasted sesame oil lately. Really good.
Aside from hot dogs and fast food, I don’t get hating most foods. Although I was finicky as a kid.
I like pretty much everything but cauliflower now.
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Shill Jackson wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:49 pm
LNS wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:35 pm
Kingcarl24 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:45 pm

No he just knew where to look. He never really taught me how to do it. He'd just say, "Go look under that log over there." I'd run over and sure enough there would be 3-4 of those bad boys.

Morel's are hard to get because you can't farm them. They have to be foraged. If you get a chance though, order them. They're really tasty.
That’s awesome. I went and googled “mushroom hunting Idaho” and found this website:

https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/boise/ho ... rdb5042896

Persons may personal harvest up to 5 gallons of morel mushrooms per person and possess up to 10 gallons per person per day.

I’ll have to go try it sometime. The wifey is all about hiking and rock hunting (she’s a big rock collecting nerd), so I don’t think it’ll be hard to get her to go along.
My Iowan relatives harvest them every spring, then batter with cracker crumbs and fry in butter. Delicious.
I’ve been having shiitakes fried in butter and finished with soy sauce and a little toasted sesame oil lately. Really good.
Aside from hot dogs and fast food, I don’t get hating most foods. Although I was finicky as a kid.
I like pretty much everything but cauliflower now.
Jeez I haven’t had shiitakes in so long. My wife hates the texture so I never really make them. Is there a way to get past that slimy texture?
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

Shellfish is absolutely disgusting. I can't even imagine eating that slimy, nasty shit.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:53 pm Shellfish is absolutely disgusting. I can't even imagine eating that slimy, nasty shit.
Damn you’re really missing out. Shrimp, lobster, crab… some of the best stuff ever.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:53 pm Shellfish is absolutely disgusting. I can't even imagine eating that slimy, nasty shit.

Crab is some good flakey white meat

Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

LNS wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:54 pm
Damn you’re really missing out. Shrimp, lobster, crab… some of the best stuff ever.
I love it too but I get why people don't like it. They are the bugs of the sea. They also eat all the crap off the bottom of the ocean floors.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Sometimes I'll watch Mark Weins or someone like that on YouTube and the shellfish almost never appeals to me. I can see the appeal when it's totally removed from the corpse and is just some flaky white fish meat but when he's cracking shit open and sucking the juices out of a prawn shell I really don't get it
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Kingcarl24 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:07 pm
LNS wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:54 pm
I love it too but I get why people don't like it. They are the bugs of the sea. They also eat all the crap off the bottom of the ocean floors.

Nonononono don’t start talkin like that. I was once told shrimp was the candy of the ocean. Lets leave it as that please.
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Sorry by "shellfish" I meant like oysters and mussels and shit. I like crab and lobster is OK.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Da Stars.

Post by Da Stars. »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:12 pm Sorry by "shellfish" I meant like oysters and mussels and shit. I like crab and lobster is OK.
Oysters are great for the sex life of men and woman. God you are a pussy.
Thedictator
Legend

Post by Thedictator »

Notice Artman hasn’t posted

There isn’t much Artman doesn’t eat
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

kobeunderbite wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:17 pm I'm going to do something very rare for me and start a food thread. Stuff I won't eat:

Gushers

:timspooked: :sherman: :chuckwhat: :oj: :dwightshocked: :damn1:
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Da Stars. wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:33 pm
LeBronMonsterDunk wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:12 pm Sorry by "shellfish" I meant like oysters and mussels and shit. I like crab and lobster is OK.
When's the last time you had sex gramps?

And Macie doesn't count.
Da Stars.

Post by Da Stars. »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:46 pm
Da Stars. wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:33 pm
When's the last time you had sex gramps?

And Macie doesn't count.
You would not believe me if I told you.
paskeezy3000
Hall of Famer

Post by paskeezy3000 »

Stars visited the local glory hole last night.
#1 Kareem
#2 Karl
#3 Kobe
americaninfidel
All-Time Great

Post by americaninfidel »

lettherebehouse wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:06 pm

Crab is some good flakey white meat

Smoked crab legs are fantastic. I typically use cherry wood. The smoke combined with the sweet meat of the crab is incredible.
Fear is the mind killer. We are not afraid.