Phuture, I'm sorry man

Talk about anything here.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Phuture, I'm sorry man

Post by kobeunderbite »

Tough break. I thought you guys were looking to improve your pen so I'm confused by this move.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Re: Phuture, I'm sorry man

Post by PhutureDynasty »

kobeunderbite wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:59 am

Tough break. I thought you guys were looking to improve your pen so I'm confused by this move.
Was he that bad for you guys last year?

His stats last season aren't too great for a reliever honestly so I get where you're coming from.

Most of our bullpen last year was really, really bad though so my guess is that they figure him taking them from a F to a D+ is technically an upgrade.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:23 am

His stats last season aren't too great for a reliever honestly so I get where you're coming from.

Most of our bullpen last year was really, really bad though so my guess is that they figure him taking them from a F to a D+ is technically an upgrade.

The numbers simply don't tell the story with this guy. He will blow the worst game at the worst time, without fail. He is the longest tenured Met, and yet you will not meet a single Mets fan who is sad to see him go. Instant addition by subtraction. Here's hoping more reinforcements are on the way for your sake :suds:
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

kobeunderbite wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:43 am

The numbers simply don't tell the story with this guy. He will blow the worst game at the worst time, without fail. He is the longest tenured Met, and yet you will not meet a single Mets fan who is sad to see him go. Instant addition by subtraction. Here's hoping more reinforcements are on the way for your sake :suds:
:suds:

Lol. I appreciate it. So he's as clutch as Ben Simmons in a playoff series?

I don't think we're that far away from being a playoff team honestly. Our division is so tough though between you guys bolstering up, Atlanta just winning the Series, and Washington not too far removed from that same distinction.

I think the real battle is between you guys and Atlanta though. We'd be lucky to have our name in that mix.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:29 pm

I don't think we're that far away from being a playoff team honestly. Our division is so tough though between you guys bolstering up, Atlanta just winning the Series, and Washington not too far removed from that same distinction.

I think the real battle is between you guys and Atlanta though. We'd be lucky to have our name in that mix.

It was a tough break for Philly that the shift will be legal this season. I read that Harper hit more outs into the shift than anyone last season. He could hit .400 when the shift is banned.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

kobeunderbite wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:35 pm

It was a tough break for Philly that the shift will be legal this season. I read that Harper hit more outs into the shift than anyone last season. He could hit .400 when the shift is banned.
Is that true? I guess that makes sense when I think about his outs. It's whatever though, he's still an MVP without it, but as you said he could go to god-tier.

What is your opinion on the shift? I've had discussions with people about this and I'm in favor of allowing teams to shift however they like. If you want a pitcher, catcher, and 7 guys standing in center field then by all means...

Sure it looks weird sometimes but the position of the infielders and outfielders is traditional and to me isn't necessarily set in stone.

I get why fans don't like it because it stops offense, which usually goes hand in hand with higher ratings and entertainment.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:42 pm

Is that true? I guess that makes sense when I think about his outs. It's whatever though, he's still an MVP without it, but as you said he could go to god-tier.

What is your opinion on the shift? I've had discussions with people about this and I'm in favor of allowing teams to shift however they like. If you want a pitcher, catcher and 7 guys standing in center field then by all means...

Sure it looks weird sometimes but the position of the infielders and outfielders is traditional and to me isn't necessarily set in stone.

I get why fans don't like it because it stops offense, which usually goes hand in hand with higher ratings and entertainment.

I think it has gone too far and probably contributes to the launch angle obsession which isn't good for the game. Why hit the ball on the ground if you know the other team has you covered there? Overall I'm pro basically everything that has been proposed to change in 2023 including the shift ban, pitch clock, base enlargement etc. I'd also be fine with keeping the extra inning runner on 2nd in some capacity, maybe having that kick in by the 12th inning or so.
TheSaboteur
Hall of Famer

Post by TheSaboteur »

Isn't Wheeler pretty much done for this season too?
Image Vaccines Image

Cannot redeclare utf8_encode
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

TheSaboteur wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:53 pm Isn't Wheeler pretty much done for this season too?

I think he's fine unfortunately. But Familia will just come in and blow his games by giving up bombs to guys like Conor Gillaspie anyway
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

kobeunderbite wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:50 pm

What is your opinion on the shift? I've had discussions with people about this and I'm in favor of allowing teams to shift however they like. If you want a pitcher, catcher and 7 guys standing in center field then by all means...

I think it has gone too far and probably contributes to the launch angle obsession which isn't good for the game. Why hit the ball on the ground if you know the other team has you covered there? Overall I'm pro basically everything that has been proposed to change in 2023 including the shift ban, pitch clock, base enlargement etc. I'd also be fine with keeping the extra inning runner on 2nd in some capacity, maybe having that kick in by the 12th inning or so.
Fair. I really don't mind seeing changes either way, I just personally don't mind the shift.

Are you pro universal DH? That will be weird for me. I do think it's weird that pitchers aren't required to bat. That's half the game.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

TheSaboteur wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:53 pm Isn't Wheeler pretty much done for this season too?
They're allegedly not rushing him: at least that's what I last heard.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:59 am
kobeunderbite wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:50 pm

Fair. I really don't mind seeing changes either way, I just personally don't mind the shift.

Are you pro universal DH? That will be weird for me. I do think it's weird that pitchers aren't required to bat. That's half the game.

Overall I'm definitely for the universal DH at this point. As much as I'll miss those occasional wildly entertaining pitcher AB's, as well as National League strategy, double switches, pinch hitting etc, I think the time has come that the pros simply outweigh the cons.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

:bronfrown:
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

The second he went yard I thought about this post lol.