zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Modern diet vs. alpha prehistoric diet

Post by zombiesonics »

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Re: Modern diet vs. alpha prehistoric diet

Post by Bush4Ever. »

I watched this clip from JRE and found it illuminating and low-level fascinating:

Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

Post by Uncontroversial »

life expectancy back then was 30
Shut your bitch mouth, Trumpie loser
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

This shouldn't exactly be a surprise.

If you aren't a moron, you believe in evolution. From an evolutionary point of view, we were programmed to eat real food. Animals, plants, eggs, seeds etc...

We were not genetically designed to eat pizza, chips and PB&J sandwiches. From an evolutionary point of view, today's frakenfoods have only been around for the blink of an eye, and we have definitely not adapted to thrive on them. Poor diet is unquestionably the biggest cause of metabolic dysfunction and disease in the world today.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

zombiesonics wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:22 pm Image
Lol milk is terrible for you
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

What does “he lifted 1200 kg of stone” mean? He lifted something that weighed 1200 kg? Or was it 1200 kg cumulative?
paskeezy3000
Hall of Famer

Post by paskeezy3000 »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:28 pm I watched this clip from JRE and found it illuminating and low-level fascinating:

Joe must have eaten baby food for the last 50 years to get his 5’4” manlet frame.
#1 Kareem
#2 Karl
#3 Kobe
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

LNS wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:13 pm What does “he lifted 1200 kg of stone” mean? He lifted something that weighed 1200 kg? Or was it 1200 kg cumulative?
I don't know.

I only know about him because he's a famous wrestler from the early 1900s and very mythologized (undefeated and what constituted a world champion in those days).

I just posted that for the milk statistics. More than two-and-a-half gallons of milk a day :shock:
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

LNS wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:51 pm Lol milk is terrible for you
Ima need a source on that.

AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

"Milk is horrible for you" needs context.

Most people aren't replacing it with water and protein shakes. They're replacing it with soda.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

So the op thinks they had an option back then?
You think he had soy milk options a d diet coke?

Smh
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

AlaskaHawks wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:29 pm "Milk is horrible for you" needs context.

Most people aren't replacing it with water and protein shakes. They're replacing it with soda.
I’ve heard that milk isn’t meant to be consumed by the human body because it contains exotic enzymes that can’t be digested by the stomach. That’s where lactose intolerance comes from. Supposedly human beings didn’t consume milk throughout history, and it only started to be consumed in modern times in certain parts of Europe and Asia. Or at least that’s what I heard.

All of that could be bro science though.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

zombiesonics wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:25 pm

Milk and other dairy products are the top source of saturated fat in the American diet, contributing to heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and Alzheimer’s disease. Studies have also linked dairy to an increased risk of breast, ovarian, and prostate cancers.

https://www.pcrm.org/good-nutrition/nut ... bout-dairy

You should also watch this vid about why milk was pushed on Americans in the first place:

vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

LNS wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:36 pm

Milk and other dairy products are the top source of saturated fat in the American diet, contributing to heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and Alzheimer’s disease. Studies have also linked dairy to an increased risk of breast, ovarian, and prostate cancers.

You should also watch this vid about why milk was pushed on Americans in the first place:

I'm definitely not an expert on dairy. I've read too many contradictory papers to have a firm view. It seems some people are genetically predisposed to handle dairy and others are not, but that is a gross oversimplification.

I will say this though. The notion that it is the "saturated" fat in milk boogeyman gets ridiculously tiresome. A diet of real food that contains a meaningful amount of saturated fat (coconut oil, eggs, meat etc...) doesn't kill you. A diet of frakenfoods and soda kills you.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

vcsgrizzfan wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:59 pm

I'm definitely not an expert on dairy. I've read too many contradictory papers to have a firm view. It seems some people are genetically predisposed to handle dairy and others are not, but that is a gross oversimplification.

I will say this though. The notion that it is the "saturated" fat in milk boogeyman gets ridiculously tiresome. A diet of real food that contains a meaningful amount of saturated fat (coconut oil, eggs, meat etc...) doesn't kill you. A diet of frakenfoods and soda kills you.
I usually meet people halfway with milk. My kids still drink it for crying out loud, so I’m not completely against it. But the days of it being touted as something that’ll “make you big and strong” should be finished.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Its unnatural to drink other species milk...
Technically it's the norm to be lactose intolerant and the exception to not be.
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

LNS wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:04 pm

I usually meet people halfway with milk. My kids still drink it for crying out loud, so I’m not completely against it. But the days of it being touted as something that’ll “make you big and strong” should be finished.
I can't disagree with that. I loved milk as a kid (until probably late teens or something like that) but have had no desire to drink it since. I still enjoy good cheese (and I try to buy my cheese made with raw milk, but it isn't the easiest to find) and I have homemade yogurt (I kid you not and no, I'm not the one who makes it) with berries semi regularly. That's the extent of my dairy now.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

vcsgrizzfan wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:15 pm

I can't disagree with that. I loved milk as a kid (until probably late teens or something like that) but have had no desire to drink it since. I still enjoy good cheese (and I try to buy my cheese made with raw milk, but it isn't the easiest to find) and I have homemade yogurt (I kid you not and no, I'm not the one who makes it) with berries semi regularly. That's the extent of my dairy now.
I’m the same. Have not had it since early 20s. Don’t miss it at all, and I drank a ton of it growing up. Raw milk cheese is great.
Milk is full of fat and sugar, but I think the real kicker is how processed it is.
It is far from the animal by the time we get to it.
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
Thedictator
Legend

Post by Thedictator »

vcsgrizzfan wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:15 pm

The most unhappy person is a vegan who gets hit by a bus...