Heat with 3 All Stars 4 straight years...

Talk about anything here.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Heat with 3 All Stars 4 straight years...

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Begs the question: How many other teams can say the same in the last 25 years?
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Re: Heat with 3 All Stars 4 straight years...

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Not 4 straight years, but didn't the Pistons get like 5 guys in one year in the 2000s?
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Post by elmerjfudd »

hard to be an allstar when some stars take 25-30% of the shots.

Doesn't it say something when a player "retires" and two guys turn out to be allstars?
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Havlicekstealsit wrote:Not 4 straight years, but didn't the Pistons get like 5 guys in one year in the 2000s?

Not sure... I'd have to look it up. I know some of those great 80's teams had 3-4 all-stars quite often, but in the past 25 years I dunno.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

elmerjfudd wrote:hard to be an allstar when some stars take 25-30% of the shots.

Doesn't it say something when a player "retires" and two guys turn out to be allstars?

Not really because those 2 players had comparable seasons in years they didn't make the AS team.

Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

thedangerouskitchen wrote:
Havlicekstealsit wrote:Not 4 straight years, but didn't the Pistons get like 5 guys in one year in the 2000s?

Not sure... I'd have to look it up. I know some of those great 80's teams had 3-4 all-stars quite often, but in the past 25 years I dunno.
Looks like I was off by 1. Pistons managed to get 4 guys into the 2006 ASG.
FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

elmerjfudd wrote:hard to be an allstar when some stars take 25-30% of the shots.

Not really because those 2 players had comparable seasons in years they didn't make the AS team.
I do think in general Grant is underrated, though (not to take anything away from MJ and Scottie though, just liked him as a player). That being said, he was overly emotional, so he was kinda bitchmade.
swampgator
All-Time Great

Post by swampgator »

Havlicekstealsit wrote:

Looks like I was off by 1. Pistons managed to get 4 guys into the 2006 ASG.
Aha, yeah, the year that the coach of the Pistons was the all-star coach as well, right?
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

fpliii wrote:

I do think in general Grant is underrated, though (not to take anything away from MJ and Scottie though, just liked him as a player). That being said, he was overly emotional, so he was kinda bitchmade.

I agree... Grant was a integral piece of the Bulls' success.

thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

So getting back to the topic... has any other team in the last 25 years sent Not 1, Not 2, but 3 players to the All Star game Not 1, Not 2, Not 3, but 4 straight years?

Anyone...?

FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

thedangerouskitchen wrote:So getting back to the topic... has any other team in the last 25 years sent Not 1, Not 2, but 3 players to the All Star game Not 1, Not 2, Not 3, but 4 straight years?

Anyone...?
Not sure, but here's a quiz that goes back to the merger:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;