My cat’s been missing for almost a week now, and now I’m worried.

Talk about anything here.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

My cat’s been missing for almost a week now, and now I’m worried.

Post by lettherebehouse »

Shit man I have a bad feeling he’s a goner. We’ve had him for about 6 years now which sets a record for the longest I’ve ever owned a pet, which basically makes him family now. Wife’s a mess but I’m playin it cool on the outside, I just want our “Spooks” back :(
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Re: My cat’s been missing for almost a week now, and now I’m worried.

Post by Alex_Murphy »

"my cat"

:mjlaugh:

lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Alex_Murphy wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:42 am "my cat"

:mjlaugh:

Sorry, “our” cat. His name is Spooks and we’ve had him literally since his birth.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

He probably got sick and tired of y'all calling him "Spooks" all the time wtf lol
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

I'll be praying for Spooks and your family. Hopefully he ran off with a lady friend and will turn up soon. Never easy to have a missing pet.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

kobeunderbite wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:04 am I'll be praying for Spooks and your family. Hopefully he ran off with a lady friend and will turn up soon. Never easy to have a missing pet.

Hey thanks my friend. Real ones know wassup.

:nashpoint:
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Hope he turns up OK for you and yours House.

Thought and prayers go out to your cat.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Some of you have cats. What’s the longest they’ve disappeared from you before returning? These are strange little creatues.
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

whenever a cat is missing, check your local chinese restaurant first.
Check the method from Bedrock, 'cause I rock your head to bed
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

lettherebehouse wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:39 am Some of you have cats. What’s the longest they’ve disappeared from you before returning? These are strange little creatues.
We had one disappear for about 2-3 weeks and he had been pretty much a pure house cat, so we were sure he was dead and gone as I lived on an acreage at the time with lots of coyotes lurking. Somehow, he showed up on the front deck howling about 3 weeks after disappearing. He showed zero interest in going outside after that for about a year or two. He had been mildly chubby when he disappeared, but came back pretty damn skinny. I think it was a really bad 2-3 weeks for the little guy. We always had a ton of dogs and the odd cat, but that was the one cat I managed to grow close to. He was more dog than cat in the sense that he always wanted to be around his people and not at all independent.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

lettherebehouse wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:39 am Some of you have cats. What’s the longest they’ve disappeared from you before returning? These are strange little creatues.
We used to have a really good looking Abyssinian that would disappear from time to time.
We caught a lady in front of the house once trying to lure him into her car. After that, we figured people would try to keep him, and then he would escape when he had a chance.

In your case house, hate to say it but it was probably the yotes. Sorry. :(
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

vcsgrizzfan wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:51 am
We had one disappear for about 2-3 weeks and he had been pretty much a pure house cat, so we were sure he was dead and gone as I lived on an acreage at the time with lots of coyotes lurking. Somehow, he showed up on the front deck howling about 3 weeks after disappearing. He showed zero interest in going outside after that for about a year or two. He had been mildly chubby when he disappeared, but came back pretty damn skinny. I think it was a really bad 2-3 weeks for the little guy. We always had a ton of dogs and the odd cat, but that was the one cat I managed to grow close to. He was more dog than cat in the sense that he always wanted to be around his people and not at all independent.

That’s awesome. Not that he may have suffered during his disappearance, but the the resilience and will to survive and ultimately find his way back home. If he could talk I bet he’d have a helluva story to tell. Book deals, Oprah shows, Pixar, the works.

:suds:
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Last year my daughters found two kittens in the bushes at the park, so we took them home. They named them Luna and Bela, and we took them to Idaho, but maybe four months ago Luna got hit by a car (kinda traumatic for my oldest… she made me bury her in the backyard lol). Maybe a month later Bela got knocked up and had six kittens, apparently yes cats can get preggo after only about a year alive… so anyway we gave away two but we still have FIVE goddamn cats now. Thankfully they’re outdoor cats and we have a big backyard, but if any of them ran away I don’t think I’d care because they’re wanky ass little bastards, and my daughters baby the hell outta them. It’s funny though… I do and I don’t like the cats. When they just wanna chill it’s nice having them around, but when they’re being whiny little shits I can’t stand them. It’s led to some interesting moments with my daughter… I constantly send her fake threats about what I’m gonna do to her cats if she doesn’t quiet them up lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Shill Jackson wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:04 pm
We used to have a really good looking Abyssinian that would disappear from time to time.
We caught a lady in front of the house once trying to lure him into her car. After that, we figured people would try to keep him, and then he would escape when he had a chance.

In your case house, hate to say it but it was probably the yotes. Sorry. :(

I’m afraid you may be right. It wouldn’t be the first time a cat of ours fell prey to one. Just holdin out to hope for now tho.

:bronfrown:
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

:aj:

lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

LNS wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:17 pm Last year my daughters found two kittens in the bushes at the park, so we took them home. They named them Luna and Bela, and we took them to Idaho, but maybe four months ago Luna got hit by a car (kinda traumatic for my oldest… she made me bury her in the backyard lol). Maybe a month later Bela got knocked up and had six kittens, apparently yes cats can get preggo after only about a year alive… so anyway we gave away two but we still have FIVE goddamn cats now. Thankfully they’re outdoor cats and we have a big backyard, but if any of them ran away I don’t think I’d care because they’re wanky ass little bastards, and my daughters baby the hell outta them. It’s funny though… I do and I don’t like the cats. When they just wanna chill it’s nice having them around, but when they’re being whiny little shits I can’t stand them. It’s led to some interesting moments with my daughter… I constantly send her fake threats about what I’m gonna do to her cats if she doesn’t quiet them up lol

Sounds similar to me. It’s a love/hate thing w me but like I said, after 6 years of having him (who we took from a family member from their cat’s litter) he was basically family now. I never realize I miss or love them til they disappear like this. Cooncidentally enough, I just told Shill we lost our previous cat to a coyote, her name, was Luna :lol:
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

lettherebehouse wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:25 pm
LNS wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:17 pm Last year my daughters found two kittens in the bushes at the park, so we took them home. They named them Luna and Bela, and we took them to Idaho, but maybe four months ago Luna got hit by a car (kinda traumatic for my oldest… she made me bury her in the backyard lol). Maybe a month later Bela got knocked up and had six kittens, apparently yes cats can get preggo after only about a year alive… so anyway we gave away two but we still have FIVE goddamn cats now. Thankfully they’re outdoor cats and we have a big backyard, but if any of them ran away I don’t think I’d care because they’re wanky ass little bastards, and my daughters baby the hell outta them. It’s funny though… I do and I don’t like the cats. When they just wanna chill it’s nice having them around, but when they’re being whiny little shits I can’t stand them. It’s led to some interesting moments with my daughter… I constantly send her fake threats about what I’m gonna do to her cats if she doesn’t quiet them up lol

Sounds similar to me. It’s a love/hate thing w me but like I said, after 6 years of having him (who we took from a family member from their cat’s litter) he was basically family now. I never realize I miss or love them til they disappear like this. Cooncidentally enough, I just told Shill we lost our previous cat to a coyote, her name, was Luna :lol:
Oh that’s hilarious lol

I was actually gonna name one of the kittens Luna in honor of the one that got hit by the car, but my girls vetoed me.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

Chances are he fell in love with a better family... One where the house doesn't smell like pickled ginger all the time and they serve him Sheba for dinner and don't call him "Spooks"
Last edited by Alex_Murphy on Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
denali4eva
Queen Bee

Post by denali4eva »

Pussy's crying over a pussy...Too rich!

:kermit:

:lol:
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

denali4eva wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:19 pm Pussy's crying over a pussy...Too rich!

:lol: