Jake Paul to Kamara Usman: “Challenge Accepted”

Talk about anything here.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Jake Paul to Kamara Usman: “Challenge Accepted”

Post by LNS »

Jake Paul is willing to step in the ring against UFC welterweight champion Kamaru Usman.

Usman told TMZ Sports in a video published Tuesday he might like to "beat the s--t" out of "one of these internet guys" because he doesn't see any interesting challenges on the horizon in UFC. He didn't mention Paul by name, but the implication was clear. He went on to reference Daniel Cormier's confrontation with Paul at UFC 261 and said Cormier should "let me take care of that."

Paul said he'd be on board if UFC President Dana White signed off on the idea:

Challenge accepted.

@USMAN84kg if your boss Dana gives you permission to box me and make more money than you ever have, let me know and we can lace them up. I promise it will be your biggest pay day.

White worked with Mayweather Promotions for Conor McGregor's boxing match with Floyd Mayweather Jr., so it's possible he'd allow Usman to branch off for a one-off event with Paul. But White has expressed frustration with how the 24-year-old is going out of his way to challenge past and present UFC stars.

Setting up McGregor to oppose one of the greatest boxers of his generation is one thing. The former two-division champion's reputation was going to be fine no matter the result.

Were Usman to fight Paul and lose, UFC might see his drawing power take a hit. There would be no way for the promotion to positively spin that outcome.

Given the stakes, it's hard envisioning White giving his blessing to Paul's request.

I dare that little bitch Usman to get in the ring with Jake. I fucking dare him.

:arnold:
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Re: Jake Paul to Kamara Usman: “Challenge Accepted”

Post by elmerjfudd »

jake vs errreeyyybboooddyyy
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

elmerjfudd wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:35 pm jake vs errreeyyybboooddyyy
He has Dana shaking in his boots. How many more MMA fighters will Jake humiliate?

:mjlaugh:
Macrotus
Hall of Famer

Post by Macrotus »

not everybody....he is scare of fighting an actual boxer with the same skill set...and too scared to enter the octagon. He is in a no man land.

:mjcrying:
Last edited by Macrotus on Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Usman wins. Let's be honest here.

Askren was a nice win against a known UFC fighter but Usman beats Jake in a boxing match.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:53 pm Usman wins. Let's be honest here.

Askren was a nice win against a known UFC fighter but Usman beats Jake in a boxing match.
Jake slaughters him... but Usman’s daddy won’t let him fight either way. It’d be too humiliating if one of their best fighters got battered around by a YouTuber.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

LNS wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:06 pm
PhutureDynasty wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:53 pm Usman wins. Let's be honest here.

Jake slaughters him... but Usman’s daddy won’t let him fight either way. It’d be too humiliating if one of their best fighters got battered around by a YouTuber.
Early avatar bet then assuming it happens? 2 weeks and same stipulations?
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:22 pm

Absolutely...

:dirk:
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

LNS wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:44 pm
PhutureDynasty wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:22 pm

Absolutely...

:dirk:
Deal

LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Macrotus wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:30 pm
not everybody....he is scare of fighting an actual boxer with the same skill set...and too scared to enter the octagon. He is in a no man land.

Oh yeah... in “no man’s land” making millions per fight.

Poor Jake.

:haha2:
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

One positive aspect to this Jake Paul crap is that it provides a straightforward and uncomplicated example to those idiots (usually well-meaning) who ask why Conor makes 20-25 million a fight in MMA and Mighty Mouse only made six figures in the UFC, and similar things and get the autistic outrage and reeeeeee all over the place.

Economic productivity is not perfectly correlated with fighting ability.

Sometimes it's barely correlated at all.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:39 pm One positive aspect to this Jake Paul crap is that it provides a straightforward and uncomplicated example to those idiots (usually well-meaning) who ask why Conor makes 20-25 million a fight in MMA and Mighty Mouse only made six figures in the UFC, and similar things and get the autistic outrage and reeeeeee all over the place.

He smushes Usman though. Dude thinks he can strike because he knocked out that overrated club striker Masvidal.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

LNS wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:01 pm
Bush4Ever. wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:39 pm One positive aspect to this Jake Paul crap is that it provides a straightforward and uncomplicated example to those idiots (usually well-meaning) who ask why Conor makes 20-25 million a fight in MMA and Mighty Mouse only made six figures in the UFC, and similar things and get the autistic outrage and reeeeeee all over the place.

He smushes Usman though. Dude thinks he can strike because he knocked out that overrated club striker Masvidal.
I'm just curious given all your alleged fighting knowledge and alleged sparring background that you claim to be in some sort of fighters shape. When was the last time you had to put the hurt on somebody let's say out of self-defense or maybe they rubbed you the wrong way and I only ask because aren't you the same poster who's afraid of geese?

Got any stories for us, tough guy? Quite frankly, and that is if we're being frank here with one another, but I think Madnesssss could whoop your ass. He fended off a pitbull trying to tear his kitty apart you couldn't even tell some park geese to shooo. :laugh3:
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Look at the Muzzy go... :lol:
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

LNS wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:01 pm

Masvidal's striking ability is light years ahead of anyone Jake Paul has beaten though. Who has Paul beaten that's a better boxer than Jorge?

It'll be ugly for Paul.

:obama:
Macrotus
Hall of Famer

Post by Macrotus »

LNS wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:09 pm
Macrotus wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:30 pm

Oh yeah... in “no man’s land” making millions per fight.

Poor Jake.

:haha2:
a lot of idiots out there making millions...not sure how that equate to a better fighter.

A boxer who doesn't want to box a boxer...instead calling out MMA fighters but doesn't want to fight in a octagon....smh.

I loled when he said he snatched Ben's & Nate's legacies....like he ever set foot in a octagon or a basketball court...lol.

:mjlaugh:
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Wow Leoss clowned LNS and no rebuttal? Thats brutal.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

AlaskaHawks wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:17 am Wow Leoss clowned LNS and no rebuttal? Thats brutal.
I did, didn't I?

:arnold:

Wait.... Who you calling leoss!?

:mj:
Wishbone
Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Wishbone »

The reality of it is, and I don't mean to ruin it for fans but this is all smoke and mirrors.

I wouldn't doubt that Mayweather or even Dana white himself are pulling the strings behind the curtains.

Jake Paul has never fought an actual boxer. Like someone who just like him is trying to become a legitimate fighter. He's not fighting those people. He's fighting hand picked opponents who will add to his resume so he can eventually cash in on the big payday against Mayweather. Heel against Heel.

Jake Paul and his people are making a good deal of money and he is surrounded by some good trainers. If he works hard and trains hard he could develop decently formidable boxing skills just like anyone else. Put world class trainers around someone who has the will to learn and obviously they could develop some skill. I don't mean world class boxing skills, the average person off the street is not as tough as they think they are. It's just a lot harder than it looks. I don't think it would feel real good to get hit by an overhand right from Jake Paul.

Look here's the deal, I've tried telling you people this going back to the early 2000's

All you really need is some athletic ability, a good Left Jab, Right Cross and Left Hook combo plus a little footwork and you could make it farther than you might think with that. You have to be able to get hit though. We should probably avoid getting hit in the head to be honest, but young guys are going to do it.

An MMA fighter is probably not going to beat a boxer under boxing rules. Even a really skilled striker for MMA is not going to look that skilled in the boxing rink, it's just not the same. There used to be that clown on here that insisted that Anderson Silva was the best boxer in the world, he never was even close.

People are suggesting this Tyrone Woodley guy would "Destroy" Jake Paul and he probably wouldn't is the truth. Woodley cuts down to make weight, as far as I can tell Paul is Cruiserweight but never actually fights cruiser-weights.

Some of the people around Jake Paul like J'leon Love (only a decent pro boxer) would probably also beat Woodley as well as Paul. Most of you have never heard of J'leon Love so you won't be getting excited to see him fight anyone.

Jake Paul is not fighting Usman. If he did, he'd could likely beat him too, unless Usman really just went all in on Boxing.

I know from lots and lots of experience. MMA fighters are just not great boxers, they usually aren't that good at Muay Thai either to be honest. If you did have an MMA fighter who had lots of boxing experience in the ring, Jake Paul would avoid that guy. Dana White is not going to let people on his promotion do the fights.

My opinion is that boxing needs to clean this up, but whatever. It's a circus.

MMA fighters can get paid some good money and it will make their sport look bad, but they've pulled some of the same tricks against strikers over the years so I have not feelings towards them either way. The people at UFC are good people, but I would not be shocked if they have their hand in the pot a little.

It is amazing that there is such a market for this type of thing. Meanwhile highly skilled blue collar fighters who have been grinding for a chance are working some crap job to help support their fighting aspirations. It's not a fair world, but it never was.

LNS is the resident boxing guy for the board right? I don't remember 100% and I probably missed the intro post to that era of his life. I think he was going to a real boxing gym and so he was training in the art of boxing and even had some sparring opportunities. Now just because a guy post on here does not mean that he can't also take a somewhat serious approach to learning a skill and develop a basic skillset in boxing.

If someone with no experience were to get in the ring with this guy and fight 2 minute rounds there is a high change they'd get humbled.

These new celebrity grudge matches bring people joy and puts smiles on their faces. It's just WWE for a new niche'.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

The Paul bros are just having fun and cashing checks. I don’t understand why some people are getting their panties in a twist over it.

I’ve seen fans on boxing forums talking about how it’s “bad for the sport”... but how, exactly? It’s literally called PRIZE FIGHTING, not legacy fighting. The Paul bros aren’t trying to become all time greats, they’re just stirring up shit and making their money. Look at a guy like Terence Crawford.... all time great talent, but can’t land a huge fight because he’s hard to promote. Has a shitty personality, is unfunny, lame, etc. If you want to make money as a boxer then you have to get the fans to love you or hate you, which is what the Paul bros are doing.

And also... why should they hurt their potential earnings by fighting unknown up-and-comers? What’s the point of having a life and death battle against Joe Blow from Bumfuck, MO? They fight guys that are famous or semi-famous that are in good (or at least decent) shape that are looking to make a quick buck. Most of the people crying about the Paul bros would 100% do what they’re doing if they had the following and personality to pull it off, but they don’t.