So what happened? FPL neglected to pay the bill? Ripper nuked it?

Talk about anything here.
Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

So what happened? FPL neglected to pay the bill? Ripper nuked it?

Post by Uncontroversial »

Triggered trumpies
Shut your bitch mouth, Trumpie loser
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Re: So what happened? FPL neglected to pay the bill? Ripper nuked it?

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

Looks like the phpBB version is different than before. Maybe some kind of corruption during an upgrade?
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

A week long “upgrade” and it looks like shit now and still outdated as fuck with “Vine” embedding and no “tiktok” embedding

I think ripper nuked it
Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

Let’s tag some bitches

@Lns
@Elartman1973
@Dictator
@Denali4eva
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

We need a contingency plan in case its done for real one of these days.

Also Lol at trolling Arty even when the site is down.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

AlaskaHawks wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:13 am We need a contingency plan in case its done for real one of these days.

Were you getting that error the entire time it was down? Every time I checked it was a single line of code, some php error.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:32 am
AlaskaHawks wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:13 am We need a contingency plan in case its done for real one of these days.

Were you getting that error the entire time it was down? Every time I checked it was a single line of code, some php error.
The Artman fat error only appeared a few hours before the board came back
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:32 am

No that was just when it came back earlier tonight. I was getting the same single line of code. Then when It came back tonight and I tried to post it was hundreds of lines of code as the error. Who knows. I'm sure well hear eventually.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

On Saturday I swallowed my pride and logged into MCS, a mod or admin there was decent enough to share FPL's email and he was very helpful. He hadn't known it was down. The site had to be downgraded to be restored but at some point more features/themes can be added.

But we back!
TheSaboteur
Hall of Famer

Post by TheSaboteur »

MAGA after getting deplatformed: "we don't need twitter or youtube, we'll build our own sites, it's easy!"

Cannot redeclare utf8_encode

lol
Image Vaccines Image

Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

So I was correct. FPLs negligence caused it. He’s a typical trumpie sore loser
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

I made an account on MCS to see if anyone knew what was going on, but an admin never activated my account.
TheSaboteur
Hall of Famer

Post by TheSaboteur »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:50 am I made an account on MCS to see if anyone knew what was going on, but an admin never activated my account.
One of the admins asked if he should activate you, but when he heard that you were one of the most far-right posters here, he deleted your account.
Image Vaccines Image

LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

TheSaboteur wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:07 am
LeBronMonsterDunk wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:50 am I made an account on MCS to see if anyone knew what was going on, but an admin never activated my account.
One of the admins asked if he should activate you, but when he heard that you were one of the most far-right posters here, he deleted your account.
Sounds like I was right about that place.

:haha2:
FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

Apologies for the downtime. I hadn’t checked the site in a few weeks and received an email from KUB Saturday afternoon.

I’m not much of a programmer so it took me a while to figure out what was wrong, and HostGator’s assistance was kind of useless.

After speaking to two people, I found out that they upgraded the version of PHP from 5.x->7.x on the server we’re on on Feb 9th. The techie told me that this caused an incompatibility with our version of the board PHPBB software. He said he would restore it.

It turns out he was wrong. The next techie told me the issue was (and the terminology might be wrong here, sorry if this is scrambled) that the version of PHP on the root was 5.x but the install was 7.x. So they restored it.

The site went back up last night, but there were still a lot of errors. I had to restore the site files and database to a lot of the defaults. But now we’re updated from PHPBB 3.0.12->3.3. This will improve performance and there should be access to more mods.

I’ll work with KUB on restoring some functionality (and even expanding it beyond what we had pre-errors) but not sure of a current ETA. If anybody has any issues with downtime, please post in this thread.

Thanks for understanding and apologies for the inconvenience.
FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

This is the link to the extensions database. Hopefully we can restore some functionality via these:

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/extensions-36

We'll add some themes first this week, at lease one or two. Then we can restore things like the mentions system and thanks and embedding.

If there are any extensions people want to have added post them here. Please make sure they are compatible with version 3.3 (some might also be incompatible with themes or each other), since there are issues with the database and file structure especially across feature releases (some of the implementations can be altered and work for different versions of PHPBB than what they're designed for, but they'll still going to have some compatibility issues, and frankly I'm not as proficient at this as I would need to be...last version we tried improvising but I'm sure it caused some conflicts and slow times on the board).
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

You're a good man FPL, and so is KUB.
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

kobeunderbite wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:17 am On Saturday I swallowed my pride and logged into MCS, a mod or admin there was decent enough to share FPL's email and he was very helpful. He hadn't known it was down. The site had to be downgraded to be restored but at some point more features/themes can be added.

But we back!
I almost joined MCS. Glad I didn’t.

I’m kinda curious to see what goes on over there but I’m not trying to be apart of that group.
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew