Shaq salty as hell about Rudy Gobert contract

Talk about anything here.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Shaq salty as hell about Rudy Gobert contract

Post by kobeunderbite »

Shaquille O’Neal evidently doesn’t think Utah Jazz star Rudy Gobert is worth the $205 million contract extension he signed last month.

In a recent appearance on CBS Sports’ “All Things Covered” podcast, the Hall of Famer appeared to take a shot Gobert and his contract, which made him the highest-paid center in NBA history.

“I’m not gonna hate, but this should be an inspiration to all the little kids out there,” O’Neal said. “You average 11 points in the NBA, you can get $200 million.”

Gobert has a career average of 11.8 points per game, though he averaged 15.9 points in 2018-19 and 15.1 points last season.

“He’s got a great agent, and I’m happy for him and his family,” Shaq said of Gobert. “With the new rules, you have a pot of money, you have to spend that money. I’m happy for him, but this is a moment for a lot of kids who think they can’t make it.”'

:shaq:

By 2025-2026 Gobert will have already eclipsed Shaquille O'Neal's $292,198,327 in career earnings at age 33.
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Re: Shaq salty as hell about Rudy Gobert contract

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

Shaq is correct
Check the method from Bedrock, 'cause I rock your head to bed
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

What a dumb statement. As if scoring is where his value is most concentrated.

Shaq: "Average less than a block a game, and you can make 40 million a year like Lebron".

Edit: You can reasonably think the Jazz overpaid to some extent (even by modern standards), but linking it to him only scoring 12 a game (or 15 in recent years) is dumb.
denali4eva
Queen Bee

Post by denali4eva »

I don't understand why people hate on a player getting their coins, is it coming out of your pockets?

If the organization think they're worth, what's the problem? :noidea:

Bunch of haters!
CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

Post by CleveTown™ »

There's a reason the Jazz are so difficult to score on and why my fantasy players have their worst games against them...

pretty sure Gobert has something to so with it.
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

AtiliusRegulus wrote:Shaq is correct
There you go talking sports again Attie. Don't dude. You're right less often than that broken clock on the wall.
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

Shaq still talking shit. If they went head-to-head Gobert would probably Ben Wallace his ass.

:mjlaugh:
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

This is like someone who did HR in the 90s being mad that I make more now then they did back then.

On the other side of this coin, I don't think Gobert is worth how much we pay him.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Shaq mentioned part of the reason the Lakers traded him is because he wanted $30M and they said no. Maybe if he had a better agent at the negotiating table he would have gotten his money. Heaven forbid a team invests in their future.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

Havlicekstealsit wrote:Shaq mentioned part of the reason the Lakers traded him is because he wanted $30M and they said no. Maybe if he had a better agent at the negotiating table he would have gotten his money. Heaven forbid a team invests in their future.
He came in out of shape every season, often had bs injuries, played lazy, did not attend Chick’s funeral, continually had friction with teammates, and publicly disrespected management. He was a huge player, but had a huge ego to go along with it.
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Kingcarl24 wrote:This is like someone who did HR in the 90s being mad that I make more now then they did back then.

On the other side of this coin, I don't think Gobert is worth how much we pay him.

In other news... Dave Cowens is upset that Shaq made so much money.

And Dolph Shayes is upset that he needed to work a second gig in the offseason and didn't make as much as Dave Cowens.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Adolph is dead, Abe.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Havlicekstealsit wrote:Adolph is dead, Abe.

I believe in the Afterlife.

And I bet he's like super duper pissed.
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

Shill Jackson wrote:
Havlicekstealsit wrote:Shaq mentioned part of the reason the Lakers traded him is because he wanted $30M and they said no. Maybe if he had a better agent at the negotiating table he would have gotten his money. Heaven forbid a team invests in their future.
He came in out of shape every season, often had bs injuries, played lazy, did not attend Chick’s funeral, continually had friction with teammates, and publicly disrespected management. He was a huge player, but had a huge ego to go along with it.
he gave the lakers 3 championships. how many teams in the NBA have that amount?
you laker fans have got to be the most ungrateful people ever.
Check the method from Bedrock, 'cause I rock your head to bed
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:This is like someone who did HR in the 90s being mad that I make more now then they did back then.

In other news... Dave Cowens is upset that Shaq made so much money.

And Dolph Shayes is upset that he needed to work a second gig in the offseason and didn't make as much as Dave Cowens.

In another strange twist, reports are coming out that Gobert is pissed Shaq made so much money in the 90s. Gobert didn't make in the 90s anywhere near what Shaq made in the 90s.
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

AtiliusRegulus wrote:
Shill Jackson wrote:
he gave the lakers 3 championships. how many teams in the NBA have that amount?
you laker fans have got to be the most ungrateful people ever.
3 championships is nothing to the Lakers. Certainly not enough to overlook the BS that Snaq caused. This is the Lakers not the Magic.

Snaq left a shit ton of rings on the table. His work ethic was garbage. He also never played without a superstar teammate in his an entire career. Zero excuses for him.

10+ rings and undisputed GOAT status was his potential. Instead he just coasted and won at his absolute peak.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

I get that players make more now but something does seem particularly funny about Rudy Gobert outearning Shaq or Kobe in his career. It's not like either Shaq or Kobe played *that* long ago.

The real question is how do these "woke" NBA players explain the fact that many if not most NBA players now singlehandedly out earn the entire WNBA combined? I know how a normal person would explain that, but how do these NBA players?
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Inflation in NBA salaries has been massive. Some "good" players are making $40mm a year. Not truly "great" players but good players. And Harden, who hasn't won jack shit turned down $50mm. It is what it is.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:Inflation in NBA salaries has been massive. Some "good" players are making $40mm a year. Not truly "great" players but good players. And Harden, who hasn't won jack shit turned down $50mm. It is what it is.

Yeah yeah, that's all well and good, but why doesn't this ever get pointed out?

phpBB [video]
CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

Post by CleveTown™ »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Havlicekstealsit wrote:Adolph is dead, Abe.

I believe in the Afterlife.

:stephena:
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)