When the Magi (3 Wise Men) came to see Jesus, they bestowed Umpteen MILLIONS of dollars on Him

Talk about anything here.
CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

When the Magi (3 Wise Men) came to see Jesus, they bestowed Umpteen MILLIONS of dollars on Him

Post by CleveTown™ »

The 3 kings (Magi) of the East held dear Daniel's prophesy from 100's of years ago about the future King of the Jews.

When they saw the great star arise in the West over Israel they departed bearing gifts. There was a general anticipation in the Far East that there was soon to come the greatest world leader ever to be born. And when the Magi saw this star they knew it was the signal of the announcement that this King was born. So of course it took them a while to put all these gifts together.

These were not lonely kings riding on camels like the picture we usually see depicted,

they came with caravans loaded with treasures, cargo and gifts and troops to provide protection along the way to see king Herod.

When the Magi meet king Herod they ask where the young child is. Even the words "young child" is important here. The Greek word is "paidion" (a young child in training), not the word "brephos" which Luke uses in Chapter 2 to describe Jesus as an infant. Herod sends them to Bethlehem with instruction to return upon finding him, but the star led them to Nazareth when Jesus' house was.

By this time Jesus was 2 years old (he only stayed in Bethlehem for 40 days). And when they got to Jesus' house they entered in and fell down prostrate to worship this Child King.

They then offered their gifts and opened their treasures.

They rolled out the red carpet for a magnificent presentation. The word "treasures" here in Greek meant a "storehouse of treasures" or a "cargo" filled with treasure. It was plural so there were many. And they laid them all at Jesus' feet.

*Researches have documented the kind of the gifts that would have been given to a king in this situation, there are many records that have survived from the Middle East to help us have a reliable estimation of what the Magi gave to Jesus. And traditionally, the size of diplomatic gifts were given to kings in proportion with their status. That's important here. If he was a low level king, the Magi would have brought lesser gifts, if he was a high level king they would bring greater gifts of greater value. Jesus was the greatest most prominent leader to have ever been born. So therefore they would not have come with little gifts, they would have came with gifts commensurate with his status. Dishes, urns, carpets, all kinds of clothing, items fashioned with gold and with rare expensive materials. The value would have been a LITERAL fortune.

Matthew 2 adds: gold frankincense and myrrh. These are symbolic. Gold for a King. Frankincense for a priest, a scent that fills the Temple. And Myrrh, a type of antiseptic which was used for embalming the dead (prophesying the future important death of this King).

In keeping with the records of Eastern customs, a low level king in those days who were visited by Magi or head of the state would customarily receive 110 kilos of gold. A LOW LEVEL KING. By today's standard, that wa a monetary value of 5 million dollars...

Jesus was not a low level King, He was the King of kings. So the Magi gave gifts to match the status. So if you would place a value on that, it would be simply mind boggling.

So where did all that money go? Well, Mary and Joseph were instructed by an angel to go into Egypt. Egypt was extremely expensive and Joseph would not have had a work permit. The money showed up right on time to pay for their bills. God always provides.

Also, Nazareth is located next to the banking center of the middle east in the city of Sepphoris. So the money must have been placed there.

But there's something else here, when Jesus' earthly dad died who took care of Him? Mary had an uncle (Joseph of Arimathea) who about that time, surprisingly, with no explanation, became the richest man in Israel outside the Herod family. So the value of these gifts were beyond enormous.

In the Gospels have you ever heard Jesus in need of money? You ever see Jesus take an offering? No. That language is nonexistent.

Jesus was rich beyond measure. Fitting for a King.

"For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, so that you through His poverty might become rich." -- (This to me could have a dual meaning -- in wealth and spirit)

-2 Corinthians 8-9.
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)
CleveTown™

Re: When the Magi (3 Wise Men) came to see Jesus, they bestowed Umpteen MILLIONS of dollars on

Post by CleveTown™ »

this is a must read.
January 7th. (D)
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Re: When the Magi (3 Wise Men) came to see Jesus, they bestowed Umpteen MILLIONS of dollars on

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

Pop! and Maga Coffee not giving you enough responses?
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:Pop! and Maga Coffee not giving you enough responses?
This teaching is above your head little boy.
January 7th. (D)
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

have you noticed that both Pop! and Mega coffee are both his wife's ideas. one business model focuses on keeping little Daniel at home, while the other business model focuses on his wife always having an excuse not to be home all day.

hmmmmm...makes you wonder.

:mahmoud:
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

UNC MJ FAN. wrote:
have you noticed that both Pop! and Mega coffee are both his wife's ideas. one business model focuses on keeping little Daniel at home, while the other business model focuses on his wife always having an excuse not to be home all day.

Actually POP was her idea and Mega was my idea you goofy fat camel.

Now read the story about the Magi.
January 7th. (D)
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

So if you ever got the urge to go pay your wife Seo-yun a visit at Mega then you’d have to hop on the bus, Daniel?

:mjlaugh:
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

LNS wrote:So if you ever got the urge to go pay your wife Seo-yun a visit at Mega then you’d have to hop on the bus, Daniel?

Nah, Id take a taxi or subway.

Welcome to city living, suburbanite.
January 7th. (D)
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

CleveTown™ wrote:
UNC MJ FAN. wrote:

Actually POP was her idea and Mega was my idea you goofy fat camel.

Now read the story about the Magi.
doesnt matter

vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Amazing thread. I see the light now.
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:Amazing thread. I see the light now.
You didn't read one word of my OP you liar.
January 7th. (D)
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

CleveTown™ wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:Amazing thread. I see the light now.
You didn't read one word of my OP you liar.
Your very unchristian response is giving me pause. Maybe the light isn't quite so clear... Seems to me one who bears witness for Jesus Christ shouldn't be an asshole? I'm confused :(
TheSaboteur
Hall of Famer

Post by TheSaboteur »

Jesus was a trust fund baby?
Image Vaccines Image

Cannot redeclare utf8_encode
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

TheSaboteur wrote:Jesus was a trust fund baby?
deep and penetratingly insightful
Check the method from Bedrock, 'cause I rock your head to bed
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

Robceltsfan wrote:.
Blasphemy. What a shame you will have to pay for this sin in hell. Just stop it.
January 7th. (D)
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

Max. wrote:
CleveTown™ wrote:
LNS wrote:So if you ever got the urge to go pay your wife Seo-yun a visit at Mega then you’d have to hop on the bus, Daniel?

Does mom-wife have to write a note for you to hand to the taxi driver so he understands where to go?
Speak on the OP.
January 7th. (D)
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

CleveTown™ wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:.
Blasphemy. What a shame you will have to pay for this sin in hell. Just stop it.
I'm trembling...
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

Ya'll think Joseph was raw doggin it or did he use a lambskin condom and it just broke?
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Max. wrote:
CleveTown™ wrote:

Does mom-wife have to write a note for you to hand to the taxi driver so he understands where to go?

I think TigerMom pins it to Clevetown's shirt.

:lol: