The deluge of Marvel movies has trained 'an entire generation to wait for someone strong to com

Talk about anything here.
Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

The deluge of Marvel movies has trained 'an entire generation to wait for someone strong to com

Post by Uncontroversial »

The deluge of Marvel movies has trained 'an entire generation to wait for someone strong to come in and save you' says 'The Boys' showrunner

So true
:arodlaugh:
Shut your bitch mouth, Trumpie loser
Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

Re: The deluge of Marvel movies has trained 'an entire generation to wait for someone strong to

Max. wrote:Power gets things done. It’s literally the way of life.

Fragile people like OP will always just be a stepping stone to someone else’s greatness.
As usual, you’re totally confused and didn’t comprehend the quote at all
Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

Re: The deluge of Marvel movies has trained 'an entire generation to wait for someone strong to

Max. wrote:This is exactly what I’m talking about. You never say anything with conviction. The first second you’re challenged you give up.
Your nonsensical retorts aren’t worth replying to. Comic book fans are soft and look up to perceived stronger men. People like me look up to nobody. I take matter in my own hands and handle my business as I see fit. I don’t need a leader or a savior. You do
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Alan Moore (Watchmen) had commentary along these lines a while back:

https://deadline.com/2020/10/alan-moore ... 234594526/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Personally, I don't think superhero movies have infantilized the culture as much as the culture has been infantilized by other things with the market responding to that process, but reasonable people can differ on that.

I do agree though, that grown-ass adults gushing over superhero movies while they lack the usual markers of traditional adulthood is kind of sad.
Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

Bush4Ever. wrote:Alan Moore (Watchmen) had commentary along these lines a while back:

https://deadline.com/2020/10/alan-moore ... 234594526/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Personally, I don't think superhero movies have infantilized the culture as much as the culture has been infantilized by other things with the market responding to that process, but reasonable people can differ on that.

I do agree though, that grown-ass adults gushing over superhero movies while they lack the usual markers of traditional adulthood is kind of sad.
Aren’t you one of those though? Yes, you are
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Uncontroversial wrote: Aren’t you one of those though? Yes, you are