Are these debates necessary?

Talk about anything here.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Are these debates necessary?

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Honestly.

If you're voting for Trump odds are you're mind is already made up.

Same for Biden.

Why do we have them do this again? Is there anyone whose mind may be swayed by them debating? Sure that answer is yes but feel it's such a small minority of people that this charade is unnecessary.
manchild98
Hidden Member

Re: Are these debates necessary?

Post by manchild98 »

After tonight the remaining 2 should be cancelled. It will be the exact same thing....a pointless shit show. Or at least label them something else other than debates.
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

Debates were never necessary. It was always just political theater.
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

Entertainment. I was cracking up the entire time. I haven’t been that entertained for years.

Can’t wait for the next two.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

It was historical.

It might change what we expect from debates from now on... will people want to go back to the boring, respectful discussions of the past... or are we forever indebted to watching senior citizens hurl insults at each other that would make 5th graders cringe.

There's no exaggeration there. It was an utter embarrassment.

BUT IT'S GREAT FOR US ONLINE!!!
chiefdodgerslakers24
All-Star

Post by chiefdodgerslakers24 »

They are shit show that gives the rest of the world an opportunity to laugh at us while giving late night talk show hosts their bit for the next couple weeks.
Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

Post by Uncontroversial »

PhutureDynasty wrote:Honestly.

Same for Biden.

Why do we have them do this again? Is there anyone whose mind may be swayed by them debating? Sure that answer is yes but feel it's such a small minority of people that this charade is unnecessary.
were you forced to watch against your will? how come in all your posts you have the tone of a rape victim?
Shut your bitch mouth, Trumpie loser
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

PhutureDynasty wrote:Honestly.

Same for Biden.

1. Turn on the television. Or your computer. Or look down at your phone. What's the topic today? There's BIG MONEY involved in debates.

2. They used to matter. And we like to cling to precedence and history. JFK won with a lot of help from the first debate. Nixon had recently been hospitalized. He was thin, hadn't shaved and declined makeup. In the end, he looked sickly and sweaty. JFK used it to get into the race... and sneak out a win.

3. But agreed... I have to think that more people's minds are made up before these debates in 2020... than any other time in history. We're living in an age of more accessible information, so more people know what the candidates stand for. More importantly, every person has been reading/hearing/seeing what they stand for by media personalities, outlets and online sources for many years. We're inundated with "news"... real, fake or sinister. So we've already found our like-minded source. Very few people are willing to even consider learning something from the "other side" anymore. We already know everything. We're all the smartest person in the room.

[Note: Although it's good to know Joe Biden's kid had a drug problem. Now that we know that... we can vote clearly on who should be the next president.]
ripper76
Accounts will be settled.

Post by ripper76 »

It’s unlikely that the US will continue to function as a nation much longer, so there probably won’t be many more Presidential elections or debates.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

ripper76 wrote:It’s unlikely that the US will continue to function as a nation much longer, so there probably won’t be many more Presidential elections or debates.

https://www.atlassurvivalshelters.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

[Note: Ripper gets a 10% discount on his next order if you order yours today!]
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

The less and less of a nation we are, the less and less they matter.

In a population of smart people that share a common (or least compatible) cultures and heritage, they would matter a lot more.

Right now, and going forward identity is the game, so ideology and philosophy matters a lot less.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

The big takeaway from all the Dem supported outlets are Trump is initiating riots by signaling to The Proud Boys (all 12 of them) to start attacking minorities.

The entire purpose of the debate was to try and catch Trump in a “a-ha, you see, I told you guys he was racist” moment. Or to catch Biden have a stroke in real time. That’s it. Nothing else mattered, and deep down everybody knows it. Nobody couldn’t care less about policy blabber.

The dems got the soundbyte they wanted, and boy are they chasing that chewy bone today.

Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

lettherebehouse wrote:The big takeaway from all the Dem supported outlets are Trump is initiating riots by signaling to The Proud Boys (all 12 of them) to start attacking minorities.

The entire purpose of the debate was to try and catch Trump in a “a-ha, you see, I told you guys he was racist” moment. Or to catch Biden have a stroke in real time. That’s it. Nothing else mattered, and deep down everybody knows it. Nobody couldn’t care less about policy blabber.

The dems got the soundbyte they wanted, and boy are they chasing that chewy bone today.

To be honest, that was a weird moment for Trump.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Kingcarl24 wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:The big takeaway from all the Dem supported outlets are Trump is initiating riots by signaling to The Proud Boys (all 12 of them) to start attacking minorities.

It was in response to Wallace and Biden trying to hijack the narrative away from Portland violence being caused by Antifa Anarchists. Trump saw right through it as many did. Why would Chris awkwardly pivot to White Supremacists and Proud Boys when they have absolutely nothing to do with the root of all recent unrest? Trump didn’t handle the pivot smoothly, didn’t wanna submit to Chris or Biden in the same vein as Biden not committing to support Law & Order.

The dems got their soundbyte as you can see Joe immediately do his version of the Banderas when Trump said it.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

lettherebehouse wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:

It was in response to Wallace and Biden trying to hijack the narrative away from Portland violence being caused by Antifa Anarchists. Trump saw right through it as many did. Why would Chris awkwardly pivot to White Supremacists and Proud Boys when they have absolutely nothing to do with the root of all recent unrest? Trump didn’t handle the pivot smoothly, didn’t wanna submit to Chris or Biden in the same vein as Biden not committing to support Law & Order.

The dems got their soundbyte as you can see Joe immediately do his version of the Banderas when Trump said it.
I get that. It was obvious what Joe and Wallace were trying to do but Trump fumbled the hand off. Weirdly too. How easy would it have been for Trump to say something like, "Chris, of course I denounce all white supremacist groups. I said the same thing back in Charlottesville. That's not the point though. They aren't the ones burning Portland to the ground...."

Trump had so many opportunities last night to put Biden in his place and let his actions speak for themselves but he would get in his own way. Wallace threw him a softball about race and what he's done for the black community and instead of just bullet pointing everything he's done (Lowest unemployment ever for blacks, Opportunity zones, etc.) he starts talking about violence in democratic cities. I honestly think Trump supporters would have been better debating for Trump.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Kingcarl24 wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:

I get that. It was obvious what Joe and Wallace were trying to do but Trump fumbled the hand off. Weirdly too. How easy would it have been for Trump to say something like, "Chris, of course I denounce all white supremacist groups. I said the same thing back in Charlottesville. That's not the point though. They aren't the ones burning Portland to the ground...."

Trump had so many opportunities last night to put Biden in his place and let his actions speak for themselves but he would get in his own way. Wallace threw him a softball about race and what he's done for the black community and instead of just bullet pointing everything he's done (Lowest unemployment ever for blacks, Opportunity zones, etc.) he starts talking about violence in democratic cities. I honestly think Trump supporters would have been better debating for Trump.

You ain’t wrong
Macrotus
Hall of Famer

Post by Macrotus »

No...we see the same shit here daily....:-)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Macrotus wrote:No...we see the same shit here daily....:-)

There is truth here.

Trump and Artism use the same style of trolling... the "I'm rubber and glue approach" and "I know you are but what am I?" first popularized on our elementary school playgrounds.

- You're fat!
"No. I'm the most in shape person here. You're the fat one."

- You lie!
"Wrong. I'm the most honest person ever. You're the liar."

________

The thing is... it works. It's such a silly way to talk to people, but it works. Almost every time. Now, before people get too bent out of shape here with this comparison... (1) it's absolutely true. (2) I'm not explicitly comparing Trump — the very wealthy and successful businessman and politician who has proven to have banged a lot of women and has a large, devoted following of adoring fans... with Artman — the guy renting a rundown house with indoor/outdoor artificial turf on the porch who has no family, apparently few friends and is universally disliked and mocked.

Only that they argue in very similar ways. This shouldn't be a revelation for anybody. Trump is a gifted troll... as is Artism in his own way.

[Note: I'm also not suggesting Trump has autism like Artman has.]
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

I didnt know they were airing the debates on the Disney channel :noidea: so sorry to interrupt your programming, OP :lol:
americaninfidel
All-Time Great

Post by americaninfidel »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Macrotus wrote:No...we see the same shit here daily....:-)

There is truth here.

Trump and Artism use the same style of trolling... the "I'm rubber and glue approach" and "I know you are but what am I?" first popularized on our elementary school playgrounds.

- You're fat!
"No. I'm the most in shape person here. You're the fat one."

- You lie!
"Wrong. I'm the most honest person ever. You're the liar."

________

The thing is... it works. It's such a silly way to talk to people, but it works. Almost every time. Now, before people get too bent out of shape here with this comparison... (1) it's absolutely true. (2) I'm not explicitly comparing Trump — the very wealthy and successful businessman and politician who has proven to have banged a lot of women and has a large, devoted following of adoring fans... with Artman — the guy renting a rundown house with indoor/outdoor artificial turf on the porch who has no family, apparently few friends and is universally disliked and mocked.

Only that they argue in very similar ways. This shouldn't be a revelation for anybody. Trump is a gifted troll... as is Artism in his own way.

[Note: I'm also not suggesting Trump has autism like Artman has.]
Trump is also undoubtedly a better painter.
Fear is the mind killer. We are not afraid.