Doc Rivers shown the door in LA.

Talk about anything here.
Bartman
Hall of Famer

Re: Doc Rivers shown the door in LA.

Post by Bartman »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:I'm talking out of my ass here because no one knows for certain, but I suspect PG was the biggest issue. He never seems to accept crap sticking to him and I think he soured chemistry with his "I'm all that and a bag of chips" attitude.
Managing egos and attitudes is what a great coach does like Phil did with Shaq and Kobe.
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Post by elmerjfudd »

PhutureDynasty wrote:Sixers next HC I hope.
Dear God no

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Bartman wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:I'm talking out of my ass here because no one knows for certain, but I suspect PG was the biggest issue. He never seems to accept crap sticking to him and I think he soured chemistry with his "I'm all that and a bag of chips" attitude.
Managing egos and attitudes is what a great coach does like Phil did with Shaq and Kobe.
I agree it's definitely part of coaching and I'm certainly not defending Rivers. As a Certified Laker fan, this is a very sad day.

I'm just opining that getting George and his ego was a big part of why the Clippers imploded.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Bartman wrote:
I agree it's definitely part of coaching and I'm certainly not defending Rivers. As a Certified Laker fan, this is a very sad day.

I'm just opining that getting George and his ego was a big part of why the Clippers imploded.
Sounds like players were mad he wasn't playing well and perhaps wasn't giving full effort, but pretended he was the man in how he addressed the team.

Good stuff, Layoff P.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Bartman wrote:

LOL. Certified bandwagon fan.
3effs
Hall of Famer

Post by 3effs »

Most coaches are trash. Very, very few are elite and actually make a positive difference. Think Pop, Spo. Then you have guys like Rivers, who aren’t necessarily trash but aren’t a detriment to their team either. Rivers is better than most guys, but he’s not a difference maker.
Bartman
Hall of Famer

Post by Bartman »

A lot of blame has to go to Kawhi too, he isn't a leader, just like Popovic said.