The governor of Georgia is being roasted on tv

Talk about anything here.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

The governor of Georgia is being roasted on tv

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

I haven't been following it too closely but how much should a state spend to prepare for a once in a lifetime event?
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Re: The governor of Georgia is being roasted on tv

Post by Da Stars. »

Blaming one man for a Ice storm you might get once every twenty years. I heard 3000 kids had to stay at the school. Great move. Adults are very capable of making there own judgement regarding driving. They missed the boat.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

Da Stars. wrote:Blaming one man for a Ice storm you might get once every twenty years. I heard 3000 kids had to stay at the school. Great move. Adults are very capable of making there own judgement regarding driving. They missed the boat.
Yeah, the decision to close the schools is made at a local level and the decision to drive is made at an individual level.

I'm sure the governor could have handle things better but it's not as if GA gets ice storms every year. It's not like the mayor of say, Boston , not reacting to a snow storm.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

He and Atlanta's mayor should. They let every single group (schools, state employees, etc) out of work early at the same time for the "storm" resulting in a massive gridlock that made plows & salt trucks unable to do their jobs.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

Havlicekstealsit wrote:He and Atlanta's mayor should. They let every single group (schools, state employees, etc) out of work early at the same time for the "storm" resulting in a massive gridlock that made plows & salt trucks unable to do their jobs.

Perhaps. But then you also had employers sending there help home as well.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Da Stars. wrote:
Havlicekstealsit wrote:He and Atlanta's mayor should. They let every single group (schools, state employees, etc) out of work early at the same time for the "storm" resulting in a massive gridlock that made plows & salt trucks unable to do their jobs.

Perhaps. But then you also had employers sending there help home as well.
They also had an ice storm a couple years back that literally shut the city down for 4 days. You'd figure they would have put a better system in place by then. Both the governor & mayor were in office when the ice storm happened.