Why do black/brown (artman) people always loot stores during a riot?

Talk about anything here.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Re: Why do black/brown (artman) people always loot stores during a riot?

Post by Alex_Murphy »

Bush4Ever. wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote: To be fair... 5% is still too high.
The divide isn't "White people and Black people", it's "Small-dicked Cops who have been granted the right to legalized violence by the state" vs. "Others", with a secondary point about how that relationship varies as a function of race and poverty.

Extrapolating backwards from "piece of shit cop abuses his power, case 12,754" to the entirety of White people and Black people and relationships therein is a wild ass stretch, to put it mildly.
The cops will face criminal proceedings and manage to get off the hook, again. There's never justice in the Courts with acts like this. There's always some strings pulled that undermine the integrity of our justice system. That's what enables future bad cops from feeling empowered. The lack of Justice is what reminds the protestors that their destructive riots may be their only chance of an eye for eye.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Bush4Ever. wrote:
The divide isn't "White people and Black people", it's "Small-dicked Cops who have been granted the right to legalized violence by the state" vs. "Others", with a secondary point about how that relationship varies as a function of race and poverty.

Extrapolating backwards from "piece of shit cop abuses his power, case 12,754" to the entirety of White people and Black people and relationships therein is a wild ass stretch, to put it mildly.

If you want to say small-dicked cops are dicks who harass people. Ok. Can't disagree with that.

If you want to say there's minimal or no difference in our society in how jerk cops in general treat white guys and black guys... ummmm... ok. It's pretty silly to keep discussing.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
Black people have been treated like animals in this country for hundreds and hundreds of years, and then we are all somehow surprised when they act like animals...

This isn’t 1965. Black people have been given the red carpet treatment over the past couple decades. But you can only lead a horse to water.

99.9 % of law abiding black people in this country have never been harrassed unnecessarily by police. FOH with that weak ass shit. Any “trauma” or fear they think they’re dealing with, was learnt from a textbook or a grandparent, and does not apply to today’s society. With this baseless victim mentality, they’ll never collectively evolve out of this inferior mentality. And why would they, they get to keep white America bent at the knee kissing their ass like this bitch ass MLPS mayor.
People can disagree about the percentage of law-abiding black people who are harassed. I'm not sure why we should assume your 99.9% stat is accurate considering you're not a black guy.

But whatever that stat is... .001% or 1% or 5% or 10% or 50%... isn't it too high?

I meant to edit it to “physically” harrasssed, which pushes my number a lot more closer to what is most likely the real figure.

Being pulled over for a brake light, or even for fitting a close description of a suspect is NOT harrassment, it’s a cop doing his job. It’s happened to me when I was young, I simply shook the cops hand after the misunderstanding and went about my day.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

UNC MJ FAN. wrote:
Bush4Ever. wrote:

The cops will face criminal proceedings and manage to get off the hook, again. There's never justice in the Courts with acts like this. There's always some strings pulled that undermine the integrity of our justice system. That's what enables future bad cops from feeling empowered. The lack of Justice is what reminds the protestors that their destructive riots may be their only chance of an eye for eye.

I'm not so sure.

About a year ago, a MPLS cop was sentenced to 20 years (or 12 years) in prison.

Granted, he was a minority... and killed a white woman.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

americaninfidel wrote:
I disagree. I have lived in the Midwest, the West, and the South. Racism is not uncommon anywhere.
I guess I don't really have a sense of what you two mean by "common", so maybe that's where the disagreement lies.

If you mean "I can find a racist person in the group of people I interact with on a daily basis", that can certainly be true simply from the volume of people in the country.

If you mean "racism sufficient to significantly impede a honest person's life (or even a dishonest person)", I'd like to see evidence for that and talk about it.

If you mean "being routinely treated like second-class citizens by regular people or even those in power", sorry...nope. Not buying it, at least without a massive amount of evidence.
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

lettherebehouse wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
3effs wrote:Sometimes you have to riot to be heard.
Is it more important to vent frustration or to actually improve things?

When something terrible happens like what happened to Floyd, and idiots use it as an excuse to steal and destroy property...and intelligent people look at that behavior and either call it justified or passively excuse it with comments like yours and “what do you expect,” what impact do you think that has on the minds of the people that need to change?

It makes it worse. The racist scumbags entrenched in our society at all levels feel more confident in their skewed beliefs, not less confident.

These are the enablers, no better than the silent majority of good cops who are too chickenshit to whistleblow against one of their own, allowing vicious cycles to rinse, wash, repeat.
The “culture of silence” that exists within most police precincts is definitely a big part of the problem.

Another problem is the fact that a lot of police officers are fucking idiots. These are people who are heavily armed, whose testimony is considered “expert” in our courts, and a lot of them possess the intelligence and sophistication of your average Jr. High student. Police don’t know the law, and yet they’re the ones who submit reports full of charges.

...and the courts aren’t much better. A friend of mine was arrested for misdemeanor disorderly conduct (a stupid spat with a neighbor that got very mildly physical), and had me read the offer he received after his hearing. If he agreed to attend 16 anger management classes, the charges would be dismissed. He took the offer...

...but the thing was FULL of typos and poor grammar. After doing some mild internet research, I discovered what I expected— that he deserved the canned, standard offer to someone with no record charged for something dumb/small. This was their standardized offer, and it was full of errors.

I don’t mean to overreact to something small, but to me that contract was the equivalent of a hospital having unkept grounds and dilapidated buildings. If that’s the care they put into their facility, what kind of care are they going to give me?

If that’s the care our legal system is going to put into charges— the state charging a citizen with a crime, no matter how small...

Jesus.
Last edited by rtiff68 on Fri May 29, 2020 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

AbeVigodaLive wrote: If you want to say small-dicked cops are dicks who harass people. Ok. Can't disagree with that.

If you want to say there's minimal or no difference in our society in how jerk cops in general treat white guys and black guys... ummmm... ok. It's pretty silly to keep discussing.
I'm saying without the combination of massive power and lack of accountability afforded to cops, their ability to enact racism would be more limited in the first place.

When you give a loser power, of course they are going to be eager to act on their worse impulses.

The solution is to limit their power. Not give them a firm finger-shaking and tell them "brutalizing Black people (or whomever) is a no-no action".
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

UNC MJ FAN. wrote:Rtiffff just shut the fuck up. Youre the last pasty white freak that should be trying to explain justify or even simply analyze this civil unrest. If anyone doesn't get it it's gonna be the likes of you Abe and Carl.
There isn’t a single person on this board that is interested in or entertained by anything you have to say about anything. It’s why most of the board has you on ignore, and I’m about to do the same.
americaninfidel
All-Time Great

Post by americaninfidel »

Bush4Ever. wrote:
americaninfidel wrote:
I disagree. I have lived in the Midwest, the West, and the South. Racism is not uncommon anywhere.
I guess I don't really have a sense of what you two mean by "common", so maybe that's where the disagreement lies.

If you mean "I can find a racist person in the group of people I interact with on a daily basis", that can certainly be true simply from the volume of people in the country.

If you mean "racism sufficient to significantly impede a honest person's life (or even a dishonest person)", I'd like to see evidence for that and talk about it.

If you mean "being routinely treated like second-class citizens by regular people or even those in power", sorry...nope. Not buying it, at least without a massive amount of evidence.
I was mostly rejecting the first sentence of 3effs post, that the presence of racism is contingent on geography. Anecdotally, I've run into it everywhere (things like being pulled over and being asked to "prove" that the car I was driving belonged to me.) That might fit your second definition; maybe not.

As far as what most folk refer to as "institutional racism" I suspect that would be as prevalent in a small farming community in Indiana, as it would in a small ranching community in Texas. Most of which could probably legitimately be chalked up to ignorance/unfamiliarity.
Fear is the mind killer. We are not afraid.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

americaninfidel wrote:
Bush4Ever. wrote:
americaninfidel wrote:

I was mostly rejecting the first sentence of 3effs post, that the presence of racism is contingent on geography. Anecdotally, I've run into it everywhere (things like being pulled over and being asked to "prove" that the car I was driving belonged to me.) That might fit your second definition; maybe not.

As far as what most folk refer to as "institutional racism" I suspect that would be as prevalent in a small farming community in Indiana, as it would in a small ranching community in Texas. Most of which could probably legitimately be chalked up to ignorance/unfamiliarity.
Reminds me of a time when I was 20 years old. I had a 2004 Pontiac GTO with some black rims and a chrome lip on them.
I was headed to Best Buy, and the parking lot was nearly empty and I went around the speed bumps instead of over them. I wasn't going all that fast, but I suppose faster than the 5MPH that a speed bump would ask. I was then pulled over for "Reckless driving" and had 4 cops there including a K9 unit because they didn't believe the car was mine for some reason. I was cuffed and questioned, and when they finally looked at the registration it was proven it was in fact my car. However, I'm white so I just chalked it up to dumb cops.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
americaninfidel
All-Time Great

Post by americaninfidel »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
americaninfidel wrote:
Bush4Ever. wrote:

Reminds me of a time when I was 20 years old. I had a 2004 Pontiac GTO with some black rims and a chrome lip on them.
I was headed to Best Buy, and the parking lot was nearly empty and I went around the speed bumps instead of over them. I wasn't going all that fast, but I suppose faster than the 5MPH that a speed bump would ask. I was then pulled over for "Reckless driving" and had 4 cops there including a K9 unit because they didn't believe the car was mine for some reason. I was cuffed and questioned, and when they finally looked at the registration it was proven it was in fact my car. However, I'm white so I just chalked it up to dumb cops.
And I know that some of the incidents I have had with LEOs may very well just be that. There can be a tendency among black folk to automatically assume that whatever is happening is because they are black. I struggle with it myself. But I also have the sense that there is a disproportionate incidence of those types of things that can't be wholly attributed to perception alone.
Fear is the mind killer. We are not afraid.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

americaninfidel wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:
americaninfidel wrote:

And I know that some of the incidents I have had with LEOs may very well just be that. There can be a tendency among black folk to automatically assume that whatever is happening is because they are black. I struggle with it myself. But I also have the sense that there is a disproportionate incidence of those types of things that can't be wholly attributed to perception alone.
I can understand how you may feel that way. How would I ever really know? I do typically side with the cops as a whole, but when you see an incident like the one in MLPS, it was that bad that I don't really hear anyone opposing this was murder... Do we know for a fact it happened this way because of his skin color? I'm not sure, but it's certainly possible.
However, I've been in cuffs 5 times I believe and never one was justified. I do know I always acted calm and it ended without incident.
I've been pulled over at least 30 times - most of those in my youth with fast looking/sounding cars. I worked often till 2 am when closing and I'd be driving my 5.0 Mustang, or my GTO and I guess just being in that car at 2-230 am was enough for them to find a reason to pull me over for a closer look.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

2nd & 3rd generation latinos have assimilated into the American fabric much more seamlessly than African Americans have since 1965 despite similar challenges.

If the black community could be summed up by one image, it’s

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

My basic belief is that cops look at people as either criminals/threats or citizens/non-threats.

If you place that on a 0 (citizens) to 10 (criminals) likert scale, upon first encounter Black people get placed closer to 10 by the cops than White people, and have less margin of error to grind that number downward with their behavior compared to White people.

Basically, if the cop is the type of cop that has the capacity for cruelty or brutality, Black people can generally influence that situation into a conclusion, but with less of a buffer and margin of error than White people.

But I still think the primary driver is absolutely levels of police power rather than straight racism, per se.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Colin Kaepernick took a knee in a football game to try and bring light to police brutality against blacks, and he was ridiculed, ostracized, and called Unamerican.
So all of you lilly white boot lickers who pretend there is a better way for people make stand, we are listening...

Hell, Ripper and his ilk are on the verge of trying to overthrow the government too...Oh, but they are white, I guess it is OK then...
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

rileymartin wrote:Colin Kaepernick took a knee in a football game to try and bring light to police brutality against blacks, and he was ridiculed, ostracized, and called Unamerican.
So all of you lilly white boot lickers who pretend there is a better way for people make stand, we are listening...

Hell, Ripper and his ilk are on the verge of trying to overthrow the government too...Oh, but they are white, I guess it is OK then...
You think burning down AutoZone and stealing TVs from Target is "making a stand"?

Who's mind is being changed by those actions?
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

Dementia isn’t quite all there mentally. Feel bad seeing this guy come so unhinged.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Riley is one of the better trolls on this site.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:
rileymartin wrote:Colin Kaepernick took a knee in a football game to try and bring light to police brutality against blacks, and he was ridiculed, ostracized, and called Unamerican.

You think burning down AutoZone and stealing TVs from Target is "making a stand"?

No justice, no peace kid...treat people fairly, or suffer the anarchy to follow...
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

rileymartin wrote:
LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:

No justice, no peace kid...treat people fairly, or suffer the anarchy to follow...
Sounds like a solid plan!

:haha2:
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills