Terry Bradshaw doesn't think Tom Brady is the GOAT QB

Talk about anything here.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Terry Bradshaw doesn't think Tom Brady is the GOAT QB

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

OH SHIT SON SHOTS FIRED :roll: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... -all-time/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Re: Terry Bradshaw doesn't think Tom Brady is the GOAT QB

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Bradshaw is one of my least favorite sports personalities as it is. This Glory Days statement by him only further solidifies it.

It's not all about rings but Brady also has the stats and accolades to back his GOAT QB status.
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Post by elmerjfudd »

He’s somewhat right but Brady is better than Montana

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

elmerjfudd wrote:He’s somewhat right but Brady is better than Montana

Who is your GOAT QB?
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

PhutureDynasty wrote:

Who is your GOAT QB?
Gary Quazzo. And nuffin to debate. Fact, puto.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Da Stars. wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote:

Who is your GOAT QB?
Gary Quazzo. And nuffin to debate. Fact, puto.
My bad...
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Post by elmerjfudd »

PhutureDynasty wrote:

Who is your GOAT QB?
Either Unitas or Manning but both will be surpassed by MAGOAT

CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

Post by CleveTown™ »

At halftime during the Superbowl against ATL a few years back, EVERYONE said if Brady can somehow come back and win the game he is the consensus GOAT. He did it. Why is the bar continually being raised?
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

CleveTown™ wrote:At halftime during the Superbowl against ATL a few years back, EVERYONE said if Brady can somehow come back and win the game he is the consensus GOAT. He did it. Why is the bar continually being raised?

Yeah everyone said that during halftime and you heard it all :stephena:
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

This may sound stupid but his performance against the Eagles in the SB 3 years ago is actually a positive in his career. Yea the win would have helped more, but look at his stats in that game.

28-48 with 505 yards and 3 passing touchdowns. That loss wasn't on Brady. He showed up.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Brady Brigade: "Tom Brady is the best because he has six rings".

Also Brady Brigade: "I know more about football than a legendary QB with four rings and my opinion is more valid than his".

Makes sense.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Bush4Ever. wrote:Brady Brigade: "Tom Brady is the best because he has six rings".

Also Brady Brigade: "I know more about football than a legendary QB with four rings and my opinion is more valid than his".

Makes sense.
Welcome back TDK!!
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Welcome back TDK!!
In what other line of work/life would that logic make sense?

"Person A is the greatest at market analysis because he's made the most money off the market"
"I know more about market analysis than Person B who is worth 500 million dollars from market analysis to my 25K"

"Person A is the greatest at fitness relating to athletic performance because he's scored the highest point total ever in the decathlon"
"I know more about fitness relating to athletic performance than Person B who placed 6th in the Olympic decathlon, despite being a skinny fat personally"

And so on...

Pick a lane on the rings things. Either they "end the argument" or they don't. But if they do, they end it for everyone. Not just Brady Brigaders.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

By the way, Happy Easter everyone, but just as a reminder, Tom Brady is actually not Jesus Christ.

He takes craps in the toilet. Big stinky ones.

No, you won't become successful in life if you milk Tom's semen out of his penis and chug it down.

You'll just have a gay-looking cum face.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Bush4Ever. wrote:By the way, Happy Easter everyone, but just as a reminder, Tom Brady is actually not Jesus Christ.

He takes craps in the toilet. Big stinky ones.

No, you won't become successful in life if you milk Tom's semen out of his penis and chug it down.

You'll just have a gay-looking cum face.
You realize Drew Brees won't let you suck his cock right?
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Joe Montana is the greatest QB ever, and because of the rule changes, he will NEVER be knocked off that perch...
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

rileymartin wrote:Joe Montana is the greatest QB ever, and because of the rule changes, he will NEVER be knocked off that perch...
So Pat Mahomes wins 10 straight SBs and multiple MVPs. He's not the new GOAT?

Why does it have to be an absolute with Montana's GOAT status? You aren't willing to envision a scenario where a QB can surpass his greatness? I don't have an issue with those saying Montana is the GOAT, but I don't believe anyone's status as the greatest can't be beaten by another resume eventually.

You really believe the rules are that much of a factor? Sure, they're more protected and as a result the passing yards are higher today than ever, but that's enough to say nobody can beat Montana?

Assuming that's what you believe, I personally disagree.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

PhutureDynasty wrote:
rileymartin wrote:Joe Montana is the greatest QB ever, and because of the rule changes, he will NEVER be knocked off that perch...

Why does it have to be an absolute with Montana's GOAT status? You aren't willing to envision a scenario where a QB can surpass his greatness? I don't have an issue with those saying Montana is the GOAT, but I don't believe anyone's status as the greatest can't be beaten by another resume eventually.

You really believe the rules are that much of a factor? Sure, they're more protected and as a result the passing yards are higher today than ever, but that's enough to say nobody can beat Montana?

Back in Montanas day, you could still take 2 steps and tee off on a QB after they released the ball...And, you could launch yourself and lead with the helmet...Additionally, you could head hunt WR's, and you could slobberknock defenseless recievers, which is why very few WR's would go over the middle...
So the protection of QB's along with the protection of WR's plays a HUGE part...No chance that Brady would be playing into his 40's, or Brees under the old rules....
And, to your point about Mahomes...Winning 10 superbowls is unrealistic, and even if he did, it again would have more to do with the fact that he would have to be doing it into his 40's to get there...
If Joe montana and his WR's had the same protections they have today, he would have easily won at least 6 Superbowls...Most accurate passer of all time...
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Post by elmerjfudd »

rileymartin wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote:

Back in Montanas day, you could still take 2 steps and tee off on a QB after they released the ball...And, you could launch yourself and lead with the helmet...Additionally, you could head hunt WR's, and you could slobberknock defenseless recievers, which is why very few WR's would go over the middle...
So the protection of QB's along with the protection of WR's plays a HUGE part...No chance that Brady would be playing into his 40's, or Brees under the old rules....
And, to your point about Mahomes...Winning 10 superbowls is unrealistic, and even if he did, it again would have more to do with the fact that he would have to be doing it into his 40's to get there...
If Joe montana and his WR's had the same protections they have today, he would have easily won at least 6 Superbowls...Most accurate passer of all time...
Back in Unitas days it was rougher and back Baugh's days it was even more brutal.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

elmerjfudd wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote: So Pat Mahomes wins 10 straight SBs and multiple MVPs. He's not the new GOAT?

Back in Unitas days it was rougher and back Baugh's days it was even more brutal.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
And they also played less games per year, dropped back to pass much less, and, more importantly, QB's never had to worry about getting smacked by explosive athletes like LT...And, the WR's didn't have to worry about getting headhunted by beasts like Ronnie Lott, Steve Atwater et. al...