Alright. Enough with the parades and stuff... Give me the scoop.

Talk about anything here.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Alright. Enough with the parades and stuff... Give me the scoop.

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

My return was met with great celebration, as expected. After all, I was gone for awhile. Looks like about a year?!

I didn't check back too often. And that was fine for me. And probably for most of you. But many of the same crew remains here... but traffic is woefully slow. Where's Grizz? Karl? Bush? Are they not allowed to use the computer at home? Are they busier with work at home than at the office?

What I miss?

As I noted yesterday, Fraud, Artism, Cleve, Bartman and Leosss drive the discussions now?

WOE.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Re: Alright. Enough with the parades and stuff... Give me the scoop.

Post by lettherebehouse »

I’ll fill you in as soon as you tell us why you left

:kobelol:
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

Bush is still here. Grizz may have died and Karl is disobeying stay at home orders and dunking on 10 year olds at the park.
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

lettherebehouse wrote:I’ll fill you in as soon as you tell us why you left

He got embarrassed by LMD and rage quit.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

lettherebehouse wrote:I’ll fill you in as soon as you tell us why you left

Probably can't discuss much without changing colors.

But mostly... the place changed. For better... for worse... people have different opinions about it. But I felt most of the easy-going quips, insults and routine banter about a wide range of things from sports to entertainment to politics were replaced with paint-by-numbers partisan stuff on seemingly every topic. It is what it is. It's just not my wheelhouse.

When it gets annoying, it's pretty easy to walk away.
Last edited by AbeVigodaLive on Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

My Macie died last July the 2nd.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Da Stars. wrote:My Macie died last July the 2nd.
:mjlaugh:
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

So what are you doing with all the extra peanut butter?
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:

So what are you doing with all the extra peanut butter?

:booker:
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

So Abe just criticized the board for "paint-by-numbers partisan stuff on seemingly every topic" and then asked Stars what he is doing with all the extra peanutbutter...

Way to stay above it all Abe...You're an Oak...
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

rileymartin wrote:So Abe just criticized the board for "paint-by-numbers partisan stuff on seemingly every topic" and then asked Stars what he is doing with all the extra peanutbutter...

Way to stay above it all Abe...You're an Oak...

"Wait. What?"

Are you illiterate?

I literally wrote "easy-going quips, insults and routine banter"... which is literally what my reply was.. a quip/insult to Stars. How is that partisan?

[Note: That being said... sorry Stars. That's never easy. You think about getting a new buddy to chill with?]
Last edited by AbeVigodaLive on Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

LNS wrote:
It was big news on this board. Not sure what you're laughing at.

:evil: :evil: :evil:
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

I’m around still. I still fell like I’m posting at my usual rate but maybe not. I’m working from home now which means I’m lying around waiting for emails complaining about working from home.

My basketball life came to a screeching halt after a knee injury that scared me. I haven’t played since that happened. I think I’m ok but the forced stop has been good for recovery. I probably would have reinjured it if we were allowed to play right now.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Kingcarl24 wrote:I’m around still. I still fell like I’m posting at my usual rate but maybe not. I’m working from home now which means I’m lying around waiting for emails complaining about working from home.

My basketball life came to a screeching halt after a knee injury that scared me. I haven’t played since that happened. I think I’m ok but the forced stop has been good for recovery. I probably would have reinjured it if we were allowed to play right now.

Working from home sucks balls.

I imagine a knee injury is even worse.

We had just started up our weekly Sunday game (with some very cool modifications) in recent weeks after two or three years on hiatus. That's obviously over for now. My Thursday game is over. I've been forced to run around the neighborhood three times this week. Jogging/running sucks.
kennethgriffin24
Banned User
Banned User

Post by kennethgriffin24 »

i didn't even notice OP was gone
Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP ( 29ppg/8rpg/4apg/2spg ) higher EFG% than Jordan 96 and 98 finals
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:I’m around still. I still fell like I’m posting at my usual rate but maybe not. I’m working from home now which means I’m lying around waiting for emails complaining about working from home.

We had just started up our weekly Sunday game (with some very cool modifications) in recent weeks after two or three years on hiatus. That's obviously over for now. My Thursday game is over. I've been forced to run around the neighborhood three times this week. Jogging/running sucks.
I’m wearing a brace when I go running now because of the injury. I was playing in the semi final of our Rec league season and right at the beginning of the game, I went to euro step a guy on a fast break and the whole thing buckled. My buddies said it looked bad when I did it. I went to doctor and he felt I didn’t tear anything just probably hyper extended it but still. A knee injury at my age is probably the end of my playing days.

Anyways I’m good now... I think. Can’t wait till I can play again.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

I have sort of a weird schedule now, because I can definitely work from home and pretty much have to work at my usual pace, but we are now doing de-facto homeschooling until this all passes, so I'm on double-duty if you will.

I actually love working from home. I don't really understand why someone would want to do the commute and go into the office (if the job permitted it obviously).

That's boomer mentality. Gross!
Last edited by Bush4Ever. on Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Bush4Ever. wrote:I have sort of a weird schedule now, because I can definitely work from home and pretty much have to work at my usual pace, but we are now doing de-facto homeschooling until this all passes, so I'm on double-duty if you will.

I actually love working from home. I don't really understand why someone would want to do the commute and go into the office.

That's boomer mentality. Gross!
About the only thing I don't love about it - is there is no distance from work and home. Sometimes it's tough to separate yourself from "work"
I generally try to have a hard stop to my day, but if I get a pressing email or a call in the evening I'll go back to work.
It's not like that wouldn't happen in an office setting as well, but I feel it happens more often in a work from home setting.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

Post by CleveTown™ »

You missed a lot. the best thing to do is probably check the awards sections to see the highlights. And quit lying about why you left. We had that discussion with the people involved and everyone was clued in. It was a pathetic pout which led to your one year hiatus and everyone knows it.
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

I’m wearing a brace when I go running now because of the injury. I was playing in the semi final of our Rec league season and right at the beginning of the game, I went to euro step a guy on a fast break and the whole thing buckled. My buddies said it looked bad when I did it. I went to doctor and he felt I didn’t tear anything just probably hyper extended it but still. A knee injury at my age is probably the end of my playing days.

Anyways I’m good now... I think. Can’t wait till I can play again.
I’d get the MRI Carl. I kept hoping mine would improve, wearing a brace at work.
All I did was prolong the pain, and the brace was the probable cause of blood clots.
Guy I work with injured his surfing, and did the denial thing for a bit. I was pretty sure he was going to go under the knife.
He finally got the MRI, just had surgery, and was up and walking within two days.
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**