Schefter suggests Titans could be favorite for Brady

Talk about anything here.
3effs
Hall of Famer

Schefter suggests Titans could be favorite for Brady

Post by 3effs »

I have mixed feelings. On one hand, Tannehill was better last year and on the surface Brady looks to have regressed. On the other hand, Tannehill will almost certainly regress next season and Brady was hampered by his lack of weapons. Brady could easily have a better season than Tannehill next year and no one would be surprised.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Re: Schefter suggests Titans could be favorite for Brady

Post by lettherebehouse »

With Henry, at this stage in his career, the idea of not having to throw the ball 40-50 times per game must have some appeal.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Why would you expect Tannehill to regress?

Sometimes teams can simply outsmart themselves, and if Titans don't bring back Tanny just so they can get 1 year of an over the hill Tom Brady that would be a pretty dumb move...

Call me crazy, but I would trust Belichick on this one...
3effs
Hall of Famer

Post by 3effs »

rileymartin wrote:Why would you expect Tannehill to regress?

Sometimes teams can simply outsmart themselves, and if Titans don't bring back Tanny just so they can get 1 year of an over the hill Tom Brady that would be a pretty dumb move...

Because he played at a ridiculously high level last year. Almost any QB would naturally regress. It’s even more true for Tannehill because he’s on the wrong side of 30 and had never shown he could play that well for that long of a stretch. He showed flashes in Miami, but was never able to put it together like he did last season.

That’s not to say he’ll be terrible. I think Tannehill is probably somewhere between what we saw in Miami and what we saw last year. The problem is that he’s going to probably get 30 million per, and that’s a lot to invest in a guy who hasn’t proven it over the long term. Their best bet may be to franchise him for a year and evaluate again after 2020.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

3effs wrote:

Because he played at a ridiculously high level last year. Almost any QB would naturally regress. It’s even more true for Tannehill because he’s on the wrong side of 30 and had never shown he could play that well for that long of a stretch. He showed flashes in Miami, but was never able to put it together like he did last season.

That’s not to say he’ll be terrible. I think Tannehill is probably somewhere between what we saw in Miami and what we saw last year. The problem is that he’s going to probably get 30 million per, and that’s a lot to invest in a guy who hasn’t proven it over the long term. Their best bet may be to franchise him for a year and evaluate again after 2020.
I see, so you think the Titans should franchise Tannehill for a season and let him sit behind Brady for year? Dude, stop posting. And, if Tannehill is on the wrong side of 30, then Tom Brady is on the wrong side of 40...
:mjlaugh:
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

Fuck that give me Tanny over Brady all day, everyday, and twice on Sundays. The Titans would be idiotic to let Tanny slip through their fingers for an over the hill Brady. Tanny should be given a 3 year deal at $30mill per and I’d be perfectly happy. Tanny is a dream fit for the Titans at this point.
3effs
Hall of Famer

Post by 3effs »

rileymartin wrote:
3effs wrote:

I see, so you think the Titans should franchise Tannehill for a season and let him sit behind Brady for year? Dude, stop posting. And, if Tannehill is on the wrong side of 30, then Tom Brady is on the wrong side of 40...
:mjlaugh:

No, the best course of action would probably be to keep Tanny for a year and forget about Brady.
3effs
Hall of Famer

Post by 3effs »

gaskill15 wrote:Fuck that give me Tanny over Brady all day, everyday, and twice on Sundays. The Titans would be idiotic to let Tanny slip through their fingers for an over the hill Brady. Tanny should be given a 3 year deal at $30mill per and I’d be perfectly happy. Tanny is a dream fit for the Titans at this point.

I agree, but I’m not opposed to Brady as a backup option if something goes wrong with Tannehill.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

3effs wrote:
gaskill15 wrote:Fuck that give me Tanny over Brady all day, everyday, and twice on Sundays. The Titans would be idiotic to let Tanny slip through their fingers for an over the hill Brady. Tanny should be given a 3 year deal at $30mill per and I’d be perfectly happy. Tanny is a dream fit for the Titans at this point.

I agree, but I’m not opposed to Brady as a backup option if something goes wrong with Tannehill.
Yea, because Tom Brady is itching to sign with the Titans so he can be a back up to Tannehill next season...

Seriously dude, are you like 12?
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

rileymartin wrote:
3effs wrote:

Yea, because Tom Brady is itching to sign with the Titans so he can be a back up to Tannehill next season...

I think he means if Tannehill goes elsewhere.
3effs
Hall of Famer

Post by 3effs »

PhutureDynasty wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
3effs wrote:

Pretty sure he’s just trolling.
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

3effs wrote:

Luckily we got one of the best GMs in the business so I don’t think there’s a chance Tannehill ends up on another team. He’s never been shy about rewarding guys for stellar play and Tannehill demonstrated that in spades this past season.
3effs
Hall of Famer

Post by 3effs »

gaskill15 wrote:
3effs wrote:

Luckily we got one of the best GMs in the business so I don’t think there’s a chance Tannehill ends up on another team. He’s never been shy about rewarding guys for stellar play and Tannehill demonstrated that in spades this past season.

I know he's regretting not picking up that option on Conklin. Obviously at the time it wasn't a bad decision as he couldn't have known Conklin would revert back to his rookie form, but it really sucks now. They really need to keep him.

If it comes down to Conklin or Logan Ryan, I'm taking Conklin all day.
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

3effs wrote:
gaskill15 wrote:
3effs wrote:

I know he's regretting not picking up that option on Conklin. Obviously at the time it wasn't a bad decision as he couldn't have known Conklin would revert back to his rookie form, but it really sucks now. They really need to keep him.

Yep. As much as I love Logan, he’s gonna be on the wrong side of 30 and we’re just not gonna be able to pay him. Which leaves a HUGE void at nickel CB that we will need to address in the draft (I think we go CB in round 1). Luckily we should be getting a comp pick for him as well.

We need to pay Conklin though. We’ll have a ton of money invested in the OL between Lewan, Saffold, and Conklin but it’s worth it, IMO.
LACANO
Lord Savior

Post by LACANO »

rileymartin wrote:
3effs wrote:

How fucking dumb are you bro?
3effs
Hall of Famer

Post by 3effs »

gaskill15 wrote:
3effs wrote:
gaskill15 wrote:

Yep. As much as I love Logan, he’s gonna be on the wrong side of 30 and we’re just not gonna be able to pay him. Which leaves a HUGE void at nickel CB that we will need to address in the draft (I think we go CB in round 1). Luckily we should be getting a comp pick for him as well.

We need to pay Conklin though. We’ll have a ton of money invested in the OL between Lewan, Saffold, and Conklin but it’s worth it, IMO.
Totally worth it. Offensive line as a whole is the most important position group other than QB. They have to keep Conklin.

I hope they get an edge rusher as I’m tired of seeing QBs have all day to throw. But I’ll have to see what they do in free agency first. Assuming Tannehill, Henry, and Conklin and stay, id say their most important needs in order are edge rusher, backup RB, CB, backup QB, guard.
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Post by elmerjfudd »

3effs wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

Pretty sure he’s just trolling.
Not going to lie I read that wrong and I’m assuming he did as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

3effs wrote:
gaskill15 wrote:
3effs wrote:

Totally worth it. Offensive line as a whole is the most important position group other than QB. They have to keep Conklin.

I hope they get an edge rusher as I’m tired of seeing QBs have all day to throw. But I’ll have to see what they do in free agency first. Assuming Tannehill, Henry, and Conklin and stay, id say their most important needs in order are edge rusher, backup RB, CB, backup QB, guard.
Landry is alright but he’s a bit of a one-move wonder with his speed rush. He needs to add a couple more moves to his arsenal to be effective on a consistent basis.

I’ve got my eye on Clowney and to a lesser extent Matt Judon to pair up with Landry.
3effs
Hall of Famer

Post by 3effs »

I think Clowney is overrated. He’s a great run stuffer but as a pass rusher he leaves a lot to be desired. He’s going to want a crap load of money and I don’t think he’s worth it. I’d love Judon but can’t see the Ravens letting him go.

Landry is solid but like you said he’s a one trick pony. They desperately need a consistent pass rusher to line up opposite him. Their pass rush last year was inconsistent at best and nonexistent at worst.