They should change the 3 point contest so the shooters receive a pass from a teammate.

Talk about anything here.
LACANO
Lord Savior

They should change the 3 point contest so the shooters receive a pass from a teammate.

Post by LACANO »

Shooting in rhythm would make it better imo.
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Re: They should change the 3 point contest so the shooters receive a pass from a teammate.

Post by gaskill15 »

I bet the players would be all in on that idea.
LookAway
All-Time Great

Re: They should change the 3 point contest so the shooters receive a pass from a teammate.

Post by LookAway »

No one on the Rockets would be in the contest, because Harden and Russ don't pass
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

It would add another variable..they could easily fuck up the pass..the teammate still needs to get balls from a rack
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

LACANO
Lord Savior

Post by LACANO »

elartman1973 wrote:It would add another variable..they could easily fuck up the pass..the teammate still needs to get balls from a rack
This one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

How would an NBA caliber player fuck up a pass in this situation? Are you fucking kidding me?
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

literally the dumbest idea ever.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

LACANO wrote:
elartman1973 wrote:It would add another variable..they could easily fuck up the pass..the teammate still needs to get balls from a rack

How would an NBA caliber player fuck up a pass in this situation? Are you fucking kidding me?
We see it every single game..humans make mistakes
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

LACANO wrote:

you have never played basketball
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

I think that tactic might give an edge to those who are better with the catch & shoot, rather than those who excel at dribbling to their spot. But it would definitely give them a more in-game feel and better confidence.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

So now it's a passing competition as much as a shooting competition. No bueno. Throwing 50 perfect passes in a row is not easy and only someone who has never played basketball would think otherwise.

This isn't practice where an assistant gathers a rebound and flings it off to a player during shoot around. You're being timed and judged for accuracy... One bad pass could throw off that attempt... And so forth