lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Ron Rivera to be named Redskins new head coach today

Post by lettherebehouse »

PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Re: Ron Rivera to be named Redskins new head coach today

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Good signing. As an Eagles fan I don't like the idea of him there.

Props.
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

Feel bad for Ron.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

New coach...2nd pick will be a QB.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

manchild98 wrote:New coach...2nd pick will be a QB.

I doubt it. Rivera’s a defensive guy and will bring in Carolina guys like Steve Wilks. He’ll also most likely retain Kevin O’connell as the offensive coordinator who has drawn high praise for the chemistry-rapport-scheming he’s developed with Haskins.

I still say we go dominant OT with that #2 pick with that in mind, despite Young, Herbert, Tua, and Okudah all being on the table.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Definitely a good hire from a defensive standpoint.
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

lettherebehouse wrote:

I doubt it. Rivera’s a defensive guy and will bring in Carolina guys like Steve Wilks. He’ll also most likely retain Kevin O’connell as the offensive coordinator who has drawn high praise for the chemistry-rapport-scheming he’s developed with Haskins.

I still say we go dominant OT with that #2 pick with that in mind, despite Young, Herbert, Tua, and Okudah all being on the table.
If you guys pass on Chase Young at #2 you’re out of your minds.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

rtiff68 wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:

That’s what all the updated mocks are saying too. I couldn’t disagree more. Any rebuild must start with a foundation, which IMO starts with dependent protection (especially when developing a franchise QB you invested a 1st rd pick on the year prior). Everything snowballs from there, confidence, run game, TOP, etc.

Realistically, teams will be willing to trade up to land Young at 2, which would enable us to address both of our biggest needs OL and CB further down the 1st rd.
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

lettherebehouse wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:

That’s what all the updated mocks are saying too. I couldn’t disagree more. Any rebuild must start with a foundation, which IMO starts with dependent protection (especially when developing a franchise QB you invested a 1st rd pick on the year prior). Everything snowballs from there, confidence, run game, TOP, etc.

Realistically, teams will be willing to trade up to land Young at 2, which would enable us to address both of our biggest needs OL and CB further down the 1st rd.
Or the Lions get him at #3 and he's either useless or constantly injured.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

lettherebehouse wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:

LTBH not being a raving lunatic homer and actually thinking a little??

Nah.....
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:

LTBH not being a raving lunatic homer and actually thinking a little??

Nah.....

There’s a time to home, and a time not to home. We’re at a critical crossroads as an organization where decisions made whether bad or good will effect us over at least the next 6-7 years. So basically, this is no time for delusions my friend.

People forget Clowney entered the draft with the same amount of hype as Young is getting now, and here Jadaveon is in the prime of his life being traded for scraps and a 3rd rounder prior to the season. While still nice, he’s no Reggie White or Lawrence Taylor, and neither is Chase.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

He’ll probably orchestrate a trade for Cam
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Post by elmerjfudd »

I like Rivera, but won't the skins continue to be dysfunctional due to their owner?
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

elmerjfudd wrote:I like Rivera, but won't the skin I s continue to be dysfunctional due to their owner?

It’s convenient to blame the owner, but it’s not the owner listing 13 starters on the inactive list because of injuries. It’s not the owner jumping on a false start on a 3rd & 2 near the opponent 30 yard line. It’s not the owner not communicating in the secondary in basic cover-2 defenses.

The Redskins went out and got their QB in Alex Smith, along with what was argued to be the best O-line in the NFL. We were 6-3 atop the NFC East when Alex Smith snapped his leg in half vs Houston. From there we lost not just 4 of our 5 o-linemen to injury, but even the backups started dropping with injuries. To appreciate our situation, understand we were at one point kicking the tires in Mark Butt Fumble Sanchez for a spark.

I mean I get it, blaming an unlikable owner is easy and convenient, but there’s a shitload of just good ol’ fashion bad luck and bad football in play here.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

I agree with Shill, wonder if Rivera gets the Skins to trade for Cam. Think he's got one year left and no guaranteed money.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

Zero fucks given.
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

lettherebehouse wrote:
elmerjfudd wrote:I like Rivera, but won't the skin I s continue to be dysfunctional due to their owner?

It’s convenient to blame the owner, but it’s not the owner listing 13 starters on the inactive list because of injuries. It’s not the owner jumping on a false start on a 3rd & 2 near the opponent 30 yard line. It’s not the owner not communicating in the secondary in basic cover-2 defenses.

The Redskins went out and got their QB in Alex Smith, along with what was argued to be the best O-line in the NFL. We were 6-3 atop the NFC East when Alex Smith snapped his leg in half vs Houston. From there we lost not just 4 of our 5 o-linemen to injury, but even the backups started dropping with injuries. To appreciate our situation, understand we were at one point kicking the tires in Mark Butt Fumble Sanchez for a spark.

I mean I get it, blaming an unlikable owner is easy and convenient, but there’s a shitload of just good ol’ fashion bad luck and bad football in play here.
Lions fans always blame the owner too. Like you said because it's convenient and when you have no post season success and very little regular season success you have to blame something..."Until the Ford's sell the team we'll never have any success." Our owner never even meddles. If anything our owner's downfall is they're too loyal and give someone a bit too long to try and turn it around. But our owner didn't cause Danny Amendola to go push some guy out of bounds after the play was over for no reason and get a 15 yard penalty and set up the winning FG for Green Bay yesterday (although I was thankful he did).
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

lettherebehouse wrote:

OT can be addressed later in the draft. You simply can't pass up a talent of Chase Young's magnitude when given the opportunity. Just take a look at how SF has turned it around.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

gaskill15 wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:

OT can be addressed later in the draft. You simply can't pass up a talent of Chase Young's magnitude when given the opportunity. Just take a look at how SF has turned it around.
Watching the Hawks game on Sunday night - it was really eye popping watching how easily Bosa was shredding anyone we put in front of him. Even after a play got to the edge, he was in on the tackle. He is a beast among men.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
gaskill15 wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:

Watching the Hawks game on Sunday night - it was really eye popping watching how easily Bosa was shredding anyone we put in front of him. Even after a play got to the edge, he was in on the tackle. He is a beast among men.
Bosa is an absolute animal. I went to 49ers training camp this year, and his lower body is fucking crazy. During the 11-on-11 drills he repeatedly handed Mike McGlinchey (our starting RT, 10th overall pick in 2018i) and George Kittle their asses. Unreal.

You can’t overstate the trickle-down impact a dominant pass rusher has on an entire defense. You can sum up SF’s success on defense this year with the following numbers...

-SF blitzed on 18.9% of their snaps— the 4th LOWEST percentage in the league.

-SF pressured/hurried the QB on 13.3% of their snaps— 3rd HIGHEST in the league.

When you rarely blitz, drop extra guys in coverage, and still pressure the QB as well or better than anyone else, it’s hard for your defense to not shine.