Clean-Up Crew

Re: Strasburg 7/245

Post by lettherebehouse »

Kobeunderbite wrote:Cole going to smash 8/300

kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

How good is that deGrom 5/137 kicking in this season looking though?

:banderas:
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

Kobeunderbite wrote:How good is that deGrom 5/137 kicking in this season looking though?

Bottom loaded contract, but overall total thievery by the Mets management, market considering.

:slapping:
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Phillies couldn't do 7/280?

If we end up with just Wheeler pitching-wise I'm going to be pissed.

I want Gregorius too.
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

This will end up being the worst contract in baseball.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

You can't spell Cole without an O.

As in O's.

As in...

Make it happen,Mitch.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

NY Post is saying Cole's contract will definitely exceed 300 million and not by a small margin.
Odogg
Hall of Famer

Post by Odogg »

Kobeunderbite wrote:How good is that deGrom 5/137 kicking in this season looking though?

I will say, after this signing, it does indeed look pretty darn good.
Odogg
Hall of Famer

Post by Odogg »

PhutureDynasty wrote:NY Post is saying Cole's contract will definitely exceed 300 million and not by a small margin.
That's nuts for a pitcher. I could see a Manny-like 10 years $300M though, based on what Strasburg just got. Maybe even 8 years $300M like KUB said.
Odogg
Hall of Famer

Post by Odogg »

I think Rendon would be a better investment. Pitchers are too risky.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

The bad news for Mets queers is that the Braves signed Acuna and Albies to even better, more affordable contracts...Looks like NY has 4th place locked up for many years to come...

:mjlaugh:
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

Well well well, looks who's finally ready to dip his toe into a baseball thread :lol:
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

PhutureDynasty wrote:Phillies couldn't do 7/280?

I want Gregorius too.
Just signed Didi. Now go get Cole. Idgaf about the cost because it's not my money.
Odogg
Hall of Famer

Post by Odogg »

PhutureDynasty wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote:Phillies couldn't do 7/280?

I want Gregorius too.
Just signed Didi. Now go get Cole. Idgaf about the cost because it's not my money.
One year deal nice
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

Didi even at his best is not all that great. May work out well hitting in that bandbox but we're talking about a guy who is a big health question mark with a career .740 OPS about to be on the wrong side of 30. I was never a big fan of his, plenty of guys put up nice numbers in that Yankee lineup.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

Meanwhile back at the ranch,
The hubris of this man to bring back the same exact 3rd place team :arnold:
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Kobeunderbite wrote:Didi even at his best is not all that great. May work out well hitting in that bandbox but we're talking about a guy who is a big health question mark with a career .740 OPS about to be on the wrong side of 30. I was never a big fan of his, plenty of guys put up nice numbers in that Yankee lineup.
I like that it's just a one year deal. If hes healthy he probably gives us around .250 and 20+ homers, and if he gets injured or underperforms we can move on. To be honest though I don't expect to win the division this year anyway. Even if Rendon leaves I feel both the Nats and Braves and arguably you guys are better. Besides, like we already said, it's the Yankees title to lose at this point.

I'm so mad that we didn't get involved more heavy with Cole.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

PhutureDynasty wrote:
Kobeunderbite wrote:Didi even at his best is not all that great. May work out well hitting in that bandbox but we're talking about a guy who is a big health question mark with a career .740 OPS about to be on the wrong side of 30. I was never a big fan of his, plenty of guys put up nice numbers in that Yankee lineup.
I like that it's just a one year deal. If hes healthy he probably gives us around .250 and 20+ homers, and if he gets injured or underperforms we can move on. To be honest though I don't expect to win the division this year anyway. Even if Rendon leaves I feel both the Nats and Braves and arguably you guys are better. Besides, like we already said, it's the Yankees title to lose at this point.

The Phillies need another high impact starter and back end reliever, with the FA market a joke they should sell off some prospects in a win-now trade although I don't know what the farm depth looks like after that Realmuto deal.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Kobeunderbite wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote:

The Phillies need another high impact starter and back end reliever, with the FA market a joke they should sell off some prospects in a win-now trade although I don't know what the farm depth looks like after that Realmuto deal.
We have Bohm who looks like a good 3rd base prospect who we could move. We were apparently inquiring about Kris Bryant which would surely include Bohm plus a lot more.

We're also essentially adding Cutch too because he was injured fairly early in the season but he easily could get hurt again. I obviously hope not.

I'm just pissed that we throw the bank at Harper and that tells the fans that they're ready to win now but when the biggest pitching names were available the Phillies name wasn't even mentioned late into discussions. Sure, we got Wheeler but he's best suited behind a Strasburg/Cole and Nola. Wheeler and Didi is a B- off season at BEST.