All-Time Great

The FIBA World Cup has ended

Post by dwcmwa »

Spain - 1st
Argentina - 2nd
France - 3rd
USA - 7th

Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Re: The FIBA World Cup has ended

Post by Da Stars. »

In my opinion it is time to go back to the days when they sent just amateurs to the games.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Da Stars. wrote:In my opinion it is time to go back to the days when they sent just amateurs to the games.
Part of the issue is that the US was using amateurs while the rest of the world was not. Another issue worth addressing is that other national teams have a core of players that have played FIBA/Olympics for years together. For example i get Kobe's hailed as some sort of Dream Team savior, but imagine if he played in both the 2000 & 04 Olympics as well. His former teammate Pau Gasol represented Spain in FIBA/Olympic play in 2001-04, then 2006-09, then in most of the 2010s.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

Havlicekstealsit wrote:
Da Stars. wrote:In my opinion it is time to go back to the days when they sent just amateurs to the games.
Part of the issue is that the US was using amateurs while the rest of the world was not. Another issue worth addressing is that other national teams have a core of players that have played FIBA/Olympics for years together. For example i get Kobe's hailed as some sort of Dream Team savior, but imagine if he played in both the 2000 & 04 Olympics as well. His former teammate Pau Gasol represented Spain in FIBA/Olympic play in 2001-04, then 2006-09, then in most of the 2010s.
Great point actually. The Russians have not won gold since pro's have been allowed to play. I am referring more to the sport of hockey. Not all of the players were pro's playing for the European teams, but they were all part of their national team.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Giannis was shit by the standards.

14.8ppg 8.8rpg 2.8apg 2.8spg
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

Havlicekstealsit wrote:
“hailed as some sort of Dream Team savior”
:mjlaugh:

lol, tell us how you really feel
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
LookAway
All-Time Great

Post by LookAway »

Shill Jackson wrote:
Havlicekstealsit wrote:
“hailed as some sort of Dream Team savior”
:mjlaugh:

lol, tell us how you really feel
Right. The hate was thick itt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

Goddamn! 7th?

That's humiliating.....