Mount Rushmore

Re: 9/11 thread, experiences memories and thoughts

Post by zombiesonics »

Jews did it.
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

I was in middle school, 8th grade I think. Principal came on the intercom and said every class should turn their TV to whatever channel, so the teacher turned the big ass CRT TV mounted on the wall to it and we watched. Everyone was watching it on the TVs in the lunch room at lunch time also.

I think my dad came and picked me up early from school for whatever reason.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
Odogg
Hall of Famer

Post by Odogg »

I did not see the events happen live as I was on west coast time. A friend called to tell me as I was getting ready for work. This was before we would just go online first thing in the AM.

Went in to the office and they sent us home after a couple hours. Laid on the couch watching the news, depressing as fuck.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

I was walking back from a doctor's appointment on my day off. Had no idea what was going on until I flicked the TV on like an hour later.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

I was in Puerto Rico in the town of San German. We had a meeting and one of the guys I was with had to call our main office. He was told then someone flew a plane into one of the towers. We went home and turned on the TV and watched the news in amazement.

When I left for Puerto Rico in early 2001, families were able to say goodbye at the gates. When I came home in 2003, the airport was on lockdown for 4 hours.
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

I was at work and happened to have an office at the time. There was this younger dude who sat right outside my office who was always talking non-stop...most if it nonsense. I heard him say a plane hit the world trade center but didn't think anything of it. Just thought he was spouting off one of his scenarios....like what if a plane hit the world trade center. Then I heard him say it was probably a single engine type plane. Still didn't think anything of it. Then I heard him say another plane hit the building.

Honestly, I never knew much about the world trade center or the enormous size of the buildings. Had no idea they were that wide. I was at this account to help shut it down and transfer the work to a different site but it was a roadside assistance account and calls started coming into employees about what was happening. Then I spent most of the morning watching it unfold on tv in a conference room. When the first tower actually fell that was just one of those holy shit moments you'll never forget. And then it happens all over again. Just that feeling of this can't possibly be happening.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

I found out about it on 9/12. Man those were the days.

:elistoned:
Odogg
Hall of Famer

Post by Odogg »

lettherebehouse wrote:I found out about it on 9/12. Man those were the days.

:elistoned:
Of which year?
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:I was in middle school, 8th grade I think. Principal came on the intercom and said every class should turn their TV to whatever channel, so the teacher turned the big ass CRT TV mounted on the wall to it and we watched. Everyone was watching it on the TVs in the lunch room at lunch time also.

I think my dad came and picked me up early from school for whatever reason.
They let everybody out early at my middle school.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

The jews did it.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

UNC MJ FAN. wrote:The jews did it.

Honest question, how bad did your classmates bully you that week? I bet you were held out for like 3 months.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

I'll never forget how angry I was when I found out that there wouldn't be any pro sports for a minute. I wanted to fly to Baghdad and take down Al Qaeda myself.
Odogg
Hall of Famer

Post by Odogg »

Kobeunderbite wrote:I'll never forget how angry I was when I found out that there wouldn't be any pro sports for a minute. I wanted to fly to Baghdad and take down Al Qaeda myself.
That Yankees playoff run was epic that year.
Odogg
Hall of Famer

Post by Odogg »

lettherebehouse wrote:

Honest question, how bad did your classmates bully you that week? I bet you were held out for like 3 months.
You think he was still in school?
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Odogg wrote:
Kobeunderbite wrote:I'll never forget how angry I was when I found out that there wouldn't be any pro sports for a minute. I wanted to fly to Baghdad and take down Al Qaeda myself.
That Yankees playoff run was epic that year.

Definitely but then Mariano had to go and shit the bed at the 1-yard line.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Odogg wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:

You think he was still in school?

I dunno. Didn’t he say he was held back like 3 years or some shit?

:noidea:
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

I was in elementary school, 5th grade I think, and in the middle of class our teacher is called out of the room by a fellow teacher where she is told the news. She then comes in and tells us what happened despite us not truly understanding what was going on. Not long after that kids started getting called out of class by their parents.

When I got home after school my mom and dad had the news on and it was being shown on every station. Then I had a better understanding of what was going on.

I'll never forget that. I'll also never forget how (despite it being a terrible, horrific tragedy) it rallied our country together. Patriotism was at an all time high then.

Another memory I have is of the night we killed Bin Laden, KUB probably remembers the Mets Phillies game that went to extras in Philadelphia where word spread around the stadium that we got him. Fans were chanting USA.
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

PhutureDynasty wrote:I was in elementary school, 5th grade I think, and in the middle of class our teacher is called out of the room by a fellow teacher where she is told the news. She then comes in and tells us what happened despite us not truly understanding what was going on. Not long after that kids started getting called out of class by their parents.

When I got home after school my mom and dad had the news on and it was being shown on every station. Then I had a better understanding of what was going on.

I'll never forget that. I'll also never forget how (despite it being a terrible, horrific tragedy) it rallied our country together. Patriotism was at an all time high then.

Another memory I have is of the night we killed Bin Laden, KUB probably remembers the Mets Phillies game that went to extras in Philadelphia where word spread around the stadium that we got him. Fans were chanting USA.
I remember the "Osama Bin Laden ZEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Rings" thread on RobustSPN lol
Last edited by LeBronMonsterDunk on Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

I woke up in misbelief. I was angry and feared what we might do to innocent people. I had just been to DC for Memorial day and had been through the museum of US history and what we did to second and third generation Japanese Americans.