9/11 thread, experiences memories and thoughts

Talk about anything here.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Re: 9/11 thread, experiences memories and thoughts

Post by Da Stars. »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:
PhutureDynasty wrote:I was in elementary school, 5th grade I think, and in the middle of class our teacher is called out of the room by a fellow teacher where she is told the news. She then comes in and tells us what happened despite us not truly understanding what was going on. Not long after that kids started getting called out of class by their parents.

When I got home after school my mom and dad had the news on and it was being shown on every station. Then I had a better understanding of what was going on.

I'll never forget that. I'll also never forget how (despite it being a terrible, horrific tragedy) it rallied our country together. Patriotism was at an all time high then.

Another memory I have is of the night we killed Bin Laden, KUB probably remembers the Mets Phillies game that went to extras in Philadelphia where word spread around the stadium that we got him. Fans were chanting USA.
I remember the "Osama Bin Land ZEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Rings" thread on RobustSPN lol

The greatest thread ever. One thread that we all could set aside our differences.
dwcmwa
All-Time Great

Post by dwcmwa »

I was actually in the Towers a month or so before the unfortunate attacks, I was visiting New York on a trip. Interestingly enough on my visit to the Statue of Liberty there was some kind of bomb threat there that day that resulted in an evacuation.

LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Da Stars. wrote:I woke up in misbelief. I was angry and feared what we might do to innocent people. I had just been to DC for Memorial day and had been through the museum of US history and what we did to second and third generation Japanese Americans.

This is a strange post from you.

:mj:
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

Ever since stars' old fling left him and Macie kicked the bucket he's been on some real emo shit.

I used to think of him as an old hard ass that didn't give a fuck, now he just comes across like a baby back bitch.

Sad.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
Macrotus
Hall of Famer

Post by Macrotus »

Tis is a very touching message...I don't think I ever going to be tis composed if I know I am gonna die.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Odogg
Hall of Famer

Post by Odogg »

lettherebehouse wrote:
Odogg wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:

Honest question, how bad did your classmates bully you that week? I bet you were held out for like 3 months.
You think he was still in school?

I dunno. Didn’t he say he was held back like 3 years or some shit?

:noidea:
LOL
Odogg
Hall of Famer

Post by Odogg »

dwcmwa wrote:I was actually in the Towers a month or so before the unfortunate attacks, I was visiting New York on a trip. Interestingly enough on my visit to the Statue of Liberty there was some kind of bomb threat there that day that resulted in an evacuation.
Yeah I had been to the top of the Towers 2-3 times (once when I was 6 years old), some of my favorite NYC experiences.
dwcmwa
All-Time Great

Post by dwcmwa »

Odogg wrote:
dwcmwa wrote:I was actually in the Towers a month or so before the unfortunate attacks, I was visiting New York on a trip. Interestingly enough on my visit to the Statue of Liberty there was some kind of bomb threat there that day that resulted in an evacuation.
Yeah I had been to the top of the Towers 2-3 times (once when I was 6 years old), some of my favorite NYC experiences.
Sadly I never went to the top, just had lunch at a little cafeteria on the ground or basement level. But I remember standing outside and they were massive.

3effs
Hall of Famer

Post by 3effs »

That’s the day I learned what the WTC even was.

7th grade at the time. Woke up to news that planes had collided into a building. School was weird that day.
Odogg
Hall of Famer

Post by Odogg »

dwcmwa wrote:
Odogg wrote:
Sadly I never went to the top, just had lunch at a little cafeteria on the ground or basement level. But I remember standing outside and they were massive.
Yeah the view from the bottom looking straight up was impressive too.
Dagger
Superstar

Post by Dagger »

"Immigrants - we get the job done!"

CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

Post by CleveTown™ »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:I was in middle school, 8th grade I think. Principal came on the intercom and said every class should turn their TV to whatever channel, so the teacher turned the big ass CRT TV mounted on the wall to it and we watched. Everyone was watching it on the TVs in the lunch room at lunch time also.

I think my dad came and picked me up early from school for whatever reason.
lol what an overreacting little simp.
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

CleveTown™ wrote:
LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:I was in middle school, 8th grade I think. Principal came on the intercom and said every class should turn their TV to whatever channel, so the teacher turned the big ass CRT TV mounted on the wall to it and we watched. Everyone was watching it on the TVs in the lunch room at lunch time also.

My dad is 68 years old and he could still beat the shit out of you and then dick down your slant eyed wife-mom to multiple orgasms, Lil Dan.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:
CleveTown™ wrote:

My dad is 68 years old and he could still beat the shit out of you and then dick down your slant eyed wife-mom to multiple orgasms, Lil Dan.
This reminds me of that Navy seal copypasta. " I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it."