I was told Curry > Durant

Talk about anything here.
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Re: I was told Curry > Durant

Post by rtiff68 »

elmerjfudd wrote:My only argument is when both are on the floor who's the better player.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Who is the better player, or who is the better isolation scorer?
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

Get rekt flubs!
Last edited by Alex_Murphy on Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

elmerjfudd wrote:My only argument is when both are on the floor who's the better player.

The answer is Durant, but they’re just going to say that he’s only better because Curry makes it easier for him.

Durant is the back to back FMVP’s and they’re currently losing without him in the Finals 3-1, but Curry > Durant anyway.

:pjaxlol:
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

LNS wrote:

The answer is Durant, but they’re just going to say that he’s only better because Curry makes it easier for him.

Durant is the back to back FMVP’s and they’re currently losing without him in the Finals 3-1, but Curry > Durant anyway.

As a Kobe Bryant fan and someone whose hobby is getting hit in the head, I understand that the fact that “better 1-on-1” and “better 5-on-5” are mutually exclusive is difficult for you to comprehend, but you can read, so at least try to keep up.

Based upon the evidence, how do you think this series would be going if Curry was out and Durant was in?

...because that’s the only question that matters within the context of this debate.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

rtiff68 wrote:
LNS wrote:

As a Kobe Bryant fan and someone whose hobby is getting hit in the head, I understand that the fact that “better 1-on-1” and “better 5-on-5” are mutually exclusive is difficult for you to comprehend, but you can read, so at least try to keep up.

Based upon the evidence, how do you think this series would be going if Curry was out and Durant was in?

...because that’s the only question that matters within the context of this debate.

I don’t get hit on the head (that’d be your abused wife :lol:).

And to answer your stupid hypothetical I think the Warriors would be winning the Finals with KD but minus Curry. And the beauty of that? It can’t really be proven right or wrong. :laugh4:
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Post by elmerjfudd »

rtiff68 wrote:

Who’s been the more productive player when both are on the court?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

LNS wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
LNS wrote:

And to answer your stupid hypothetical I think the Warriors would be winning the Finals with KD but minus Curry. And the beauty of that? It can’t really be proven right or wrong. :laugh4:

...and I think the Lakers would’ve won in ‘04 and ‘08 if Kobe had been hurt.

That also can’t be disproven. Yay, idiocy!
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

elmerjfudd wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:

Once again, productive in terms of scoring points individually, or productive in terms of the team performing better?

Because if you’re asking the latter, it’s Curry by a country mile and I proved that on the last page.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

rtiff68 wrote:
LNS wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:

Was he the reigning FMVP going into those series?

:mjlaugh:
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

LNS wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
LNS wrote:

Was he the reigning FMVP going into those series?

If voted upon awards matter so much, then what does “1 MVP in 20 years” say about Kobe’s career? Hell, Shaq only won 1 too!

Top 10? Nope. Sorry chief, but if you’re an all time great you win it more than freaking once.

Right?
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Drunky.... you’re arguing like an angry fangirl. I don’t care if Kobe finished his career with 7 MVP’s or 1, I’m just stoked he helped the Lakers win 5 titles. You keep bringing him up expecting some type of trigger to be flipped, but the thing of it is I hated him for his play in 2004.

Right now Curry has the chance to “make his teammates better” and win the title without KD in the Finals. And yes.... I know he beat a hobbled Cavs team in 2015.... neat.

The good news is that KD will most likely be gone next season so Curry can prove you right. :lol:
Ali Natural
Superstar

Post by Ali Natural »

One guy is 7 ft and dominates both ends of the floor and has just about the same range as the guy who is a foot shorter and whose man to man D is suspect
FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

I think Curry is a better player than Durant, but I value things a little differently.

Curry is the better ceiling-raiser: He'll get you from great to all-time.
Durant is the better floor-raiser: He'll get you from ass to good, or from good to great.

Curry's game is a lot more prone to variance since he's a jumpshooter (he can get to the rim, but he plays outside in instead of inside out). Durant is a release valve - he can post up or drive to the basket, and he's a bigger dude so he can do it consistently. Durant is better on defense, but Curry is the better ball-handler/playmaker (though on this team Dray plays PG a lot).

Regardless, GS (as it's built) was not going to beat Toronto with just one. It's just the way the roster is built.
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

LNS wrote:Drunky.... you’re arguing like an angry fangirl. I don’t care if Kobe finished his career with 7 MVP’s or 1, I’m just stoked he helped the Lakers win 5 titles. You keep bringing him up expecting some type of trigger to be flipped, but the thing of it is I hated him for his play in 2004.

Right now Curry has the chance to “make his teammates better” and win the title without KD in the Finals. And yes.... I know he beat a hobbled Cavs team in 2015.... neat.

The good news is that KD will most likely be gone next season so Curry can prove you right. :lol:

I’m arguing based upon data that I provided.

You’re arguing based upon your opinion and bookending it with emoticons...

...and you’re accusing me of arguing like a fangirl? Delicious irony.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

rtiff68 wrote:
LNS wrote:Drunky.... you’re arguing like an angry fangirl. I don’t care if Kobe finished his career with 7 MVP’s or 1, I’m just stoked he helped the Lakers win 5 titles. You keep bringing him up expecting some type of trigger to be flipped, but the thing of it is I hated him for his play in 2004.

I’m arguing based upon data that I provided.

You’re arguing based upon your opinion and bookending it with emoticons...

...and you’re accusing me of arguing like a fangirl? Delicious irony.

I’m arguing about what’s going on right now on the biggest stage, champ. I couldn’t care less if Curry is undefeated in the month of February and Durant is consistently below .500 during that same timeframe.

When it matters most KD has taken home the hardware twice, while Curry has been his little sidekick. Durant couldn’t have won without Curry just like Kobe couldn’t have won without Gasol, or Shaq couldn’t have won without Kobe, or MJ couldn’t have won without Pippen.... but those are still lead dog rings for them.

And FWIW I give Curry a pass for not getting a FMVP in 2015.
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

FPL wrote:I think Curry is a better player than Durant, but I value things a little differently.

Curry is the better ceiling-raiser: He'll get you from great to all-time.
Durant is the better floor-raiser: He'll get you from ass to good, or from good to great.

Curry's game is a lot more prone to variance since he's a jumpshooter (he can get to the rim, but he plays outside in instead of inside out). Durant is a release valve - he can post up or drive to the basket, and he's a bigger dude so he can do it consistently. Durant is better on defense, but Curry is the better ball-handler/playmaker (though on this team Dray plays PG a lot).

Regardless, GS (as it's built) was not going to beat Toronto with just one. It's just the way the roster is built.
^this
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Post by elmerjfudd »

rtiff68 wrote:
elmerjfudd wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:

Once again, productive in terms of scoring points individually, or productive in terms of the team performing better?

Because if you’re asking the latter, it’s Curry by a country mile and I proved that on the last page.
You pointed one without another if I’m not mistaken. I’m trying to find out how they appear when both are on the court at the same time. Who gets lion share of the touches, who gets the accomplishments and who makes more plays on defense and impacts the game from the defensive side?

rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

elmerjfudd wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
elmerjfudd wrote:

You pointed one without another if I’m not mistaken. I’m trying to find out how they appear when both are on the court at the same time. Who gets lion share of the touches, who gets the accomplishments and who makes more plays on defense and impacts the game from the defensive side?

Durant gets more touches, because defenses opt to double team Curry away from the basket and leave one of the best isolation scorers in history...in isolation, instead.

That's the point, man. That's why the +/- numbers and all of the other advanced statistics are so ridiculously skewed in one direction.

Bill Russell never lead the Celtics in scoring...who was their best player?
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Durant puts up better scoring numbers and he’s easily the better defender, wins the FMVP trophies for best player on the biggest stage....

But that’s all only possible “because Curry”.

rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

LNS wrote:Durant puts up better scoring numbers and he’s easily the better defender, wins the FMVP trophies for best player on the biggest stage....

But that’s all only possible “because Curry”.

<yawn>