Talk about anything here.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Re: Endgame sets new record for opening weekend: $1.2 Billion

Post by elartman1973 »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:
elartman1973 wrote:
LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:
You can't even afford to go to the movies. You're relegated to watching 30 year old movies at home on your crusty couch... alone.
You must be really poor...claiming others can't afford basic shit basically proves that you can't...otherwise it would never enter your mind...
Lol at being a member of the geek squad...my you've really peaked in life...
Kapow
Can't afford basic shit... like having your power cut off for non payment, having only $29 in the bank, or only being able to put $7 of gas in the tank?
None of that has anything to do with insufficient funds...if it did then why on earth would I post about it?
Duh..you're very stupid...and having access to 29 bucks for just one night and several thousands the day before and after is so.etching you keep pretending I didn't say.

Forgetting to pay a bill is t the same as not having money to pay for a bill....there's a reason I quickly had it turned back on within the hour you dumb ass...because I have the money...unlike you
Ve
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

elartman1973 wrote:
LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:
elartman1973 wrote: You must be really poor...claiming others can't afford basic shit basically proves that you can't...otherwise it would never enter your mind...
Lol at being a member of the geek squad...my you've really peaked in life...
Kapow
Can't afford basic shit... like having your power cut off for non payment, having only $29 in the bank, or only being able to put $7 of gas in the tank?
None of that has anything to do with insufficient funds...if it did then why on earth would I post about it?
Duh..you're very stupid...and having access to 29 bucks for just one night and several thousands the day before and after is so.etching you keep pretending I didn't say.

Forgetting to pay a bill is t the same as not having money to pay for a bill....there's a reason I quickly had it turned back on within the hour you dumb ass...because I have the money...unlike you
Ve
I've never not paid the power bill, I have to set to auto-draft like a normal adult. The last time I only had $29 was probably when I was 7.

Sorry about your luck, Ralphy.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:
elartman1973 wrote:
LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:

Ve
I've never not paid the power bill, I have to set to auto-draft like a normal adult. The last time I only had $29 was probably when I was 7.

You are clueless...
You really think I only had 29 bucks to my name?
Get real.
And I don't trust auto pay on my power bill...I have it on every other bill but I like to actually see my power bill before I pay it since its the only bill that isn't always the same.e every month...duh

Trust me..you aren't more financially sound than I am..you're a fucking child who works on the geek squad...I own my own businesses...
Get the fuck outta here

elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Madnessssss wrote:
elartman1973 wrote:
LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:

You are clueless...
You really think I only had 29 bucks to my name?
Get real.
And I don't trust auto pay on my power bill...I have it on every other bill but I like to actually see my power bill before I pay it since its the only bill that isn't always the same.e every month...duh

Trust me..you aren't more financially sound than I am..you're a fucking child who works on the geek squad...I own my own businesses...
Get the fuck outta here
You are the poorest poster here

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
If that was the case then everyone here is doing really well..

But its definitely not the case at all
I'm top 25%

Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

Based on inflation, "Gone With The Wind" might win hands down.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Da Stars. wrote:Based on inflation, "Gone With The Wind" might win hands down.
Or wizard of Oz...first movie in color...though they barely broke even since it 2nd so.expensive at the time but box office was slamming...
These.are way over the heads of the superhero fanboys realms

LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Gone With The Wind
Wizard of Oz

:mjlaugh:

Old people crack me up.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Thinking of buying a ticket, but not seeing it just so the number goes up and it triggers more people.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:Gone With The Wind
Wizard of Oz

:mjlaugh:

Old people crack me up.
Over your head actually and bigger deals than any superhero movie ever...these were recordbreakers and boundary setting movies...has nothing to do.with old or young...has to do with actual knowledge of history....way over your redneck head

LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

But in fairness.... people aren’t accounting for things to do. With the internet, video games, and so many different forms of entertainment, going to the movies back in 1939 was more appealing than it is now IMO.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

LNS wrote:

But in fairness.... people aren’t accounting for things to do. With the internet, video games, and so many different forms of entertainment, going to the movies back in 1939 was more appealing than it is now IMO.
Not relevant.though...
They had more freedom to do things back then...and segregation added lots of extra entertainment for people like lmd and alti

LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

elartman1973 wrote:
LNS wrote:

Not relevant.though...
They had more freedom to do things back then...and segregation added lots of extra entertainment for people like lmd and alti

Like what?
Ali Natural
Superstar

Post by Ali Natural »

elartman1973 wrote:Fucking wrecked badly

"As the 181-minute plot clanks its way through the usual machinations of team-assembly, inter-hero fallout, last-minute reconciliation, noble sacrifice and tearful resolution, all the while lulling you into that CGI-induced semi-slumber, it dawns that Marvel has in fact pulled off a very different – much more impressive – trick, one 22 films and 11 years in the making: it has completely warped our expectations of a blockbuster. It has created a world where anything vaguely above the mediocre is hailed as a five-star tour de force.

In this sense, Warner Bros, Disney's ostensible rival, has actually been their greatest ally. Because while the Marvel films are largely passable, DC's efforts (six so far, seven more in the works) are startlingly, distressingly bad. But the aggregate effect has been the same: the two studios, via their 29 movies, have set new standards of film-making. They have made adequacy the new excellence."

Meaning that those sucked into the genre and the multiple superhero movies have as a result lowered their standards of what a great movie is because most have been trash....meanwhile real movie fans like myself see right through it and see them for what they truly are....just another superhero movie...average at best in the grand scheme of things....

Cry and deflect all you want...this is reality and fact

And superhero movie fanfaggots fucking destroid badly

Clearly, the reviewer is a faggot ass *****
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Endgame reportedly brought in the biggest non-holiday Monday ever, might have been the biggest Monday ever outright and is tracking for a $180m-$200m second weekend domestic.

LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Kobeunderbite wrote:Endgame reportedly brought in the biggest non-holiday Monday ever, might have been the biggest Monday ever outright and is tracking for a $180m-$200m second weekend domestic.

I have my tickets for 7pm on Saturday. Seats dead center of the screen just behind the handicap area which is in the middle of the theater so I can prop my feet up on the bars.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

Nice, I think my next viewing this week will be Dolby, then IMAX again one more time before Pikachu and Godzilla knock it off of my personal slate.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

Tuesday estimates coming in around ~$34 million which would make it the third to biggest Tuesday ever behind Amazing Spider-Man (which opened on Tuesday) and Force Awakens (which was Christmas week).

It'll have beaten Dark Knight Rises and Ultron domestically by Friday.

My dream is for this movie to not only post a 200m+ second weekend domestically, but to beat Black Panther (202m) and The Avengers (207m) opening weekends in its second weekend. If it beat Jurassic World (208m) too, it would have two of the top five biggest weekends ever. But that's all probably out of range and anything 150+ is still record setting and obscene and keeps the movie on a nice pace to continue to track down the Force Awakens and Avatar records.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

You sound slightly retarded. The only reason Avatar made such a crazy amount of $USD is because the dollar was historically weak in 2009-2010 and it made for wonky numbers, and it had the 3D novelty going for it. Force Awakens crushed it domestically even when adjusted for inflation just a few years ago. Star Wars doesn't have the same appeal overseas as it does in the US, but Marvel does.

I still doubt Endgame can pull this off. It won't be easy with Pikachu, Aladdin, Godzilla and John Wick all looming. Avatar was competing during a time with no competition, no Netflix, and 1/10th the amount of entertainment options.

This should have been a winter release, but what can you do? All I know is everyone in the world is rooting for Avatar to fall because there is almost no one who likes the movie. And even if Endgame falls short here, Marvel is still closing in on a $1 billion per movie average after 22 movies released and is still the biggest brand in the world.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

You've been propping up that shitty movie as a poor means to attempt to troll me for a long time. Time's almost up.

phpBB [video]

I know what it’s like to lose. To feel so desperately that you’re right, yet to fail nonetheless... Dread it, run from it, destiny arrives all the same. And now, it’s here.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

phpBB [video]