Game of Thrones GOAT episode. KUB fucking destroyed

Talk about anything here.
3effs
Hall of Famer

Re: Game of Thrones GOAT episode. KUB fucking destroyed

Post by 3effs »

It was good but there have been plenty better.
FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

Spoiler:
The Night King's death was truly awful, but the other 99% of the episode was amazing from start to finish. I don't dislike Arya, but she had nothing to do with the Night King storyline, and this felt really shoehorned.

Honestly it was so anti-climactic that I wonder if there's going to be some weird time-traveling/warg shit a la Bran/Hodor. This was the main plotline from the beginning of episode one, and for it to end that way, especially after how awesome the episode was, would be bizarre.

Also, it looked like all the forces (aside from a handful of named characters) were wiped out in the episode, but in the Episode 4 Preview they're all alive? Da Fuq?

I only got into the show last year or so, so no complaints from me, but I can see why people who have followed the show/books are raging over the end of the white walker threat.
3effs
Hall of Famer

Post by 3effs »

The ending did seem anticlimactic. Like...that’s it?
Incognito
All-Time Great

Post by Incognito »

Spoiler:
Night King turned out to be bitchmade. Underwhelming
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

Spoiler:
you're fucking gay
Incognito
All-Time Great

Post by Incognito »

Spoiler:
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Spoiler:
I'm surprised people don't like that. The whole point of the show is to expect the unexpected. Also, Arya does tie into Bran's storyline. The knife she stabbed the Night King with was the Valyrian* blade that was used to frame the Lannisters after Bran got pushed from the tower in the very first episode, which sent Bran on track to become the Three Eyed Raven in the first place. It all ties back.
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Post by elmerjfudd »

I'm fine with it if Arya fails at her mission to kill Cersei. She served her purpose and now she needs to die.

#SamTarlywinsthethrone
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Post by elmerjfudd »

Madnessssss wrote:
elmerjfudd wrote:I'm fine with it if Arya fails at her mission to kill Cersei. She served her purpose and now she needs to die.

#SamTarlywinsthethrone
Spoiler:
Is that the fat guy? I've been rooting for him to die for years. My least favorite character. He's basically Sam from LOTR actually. Just a useless pussy whose special power is friendship....they need to kill him. Or did they tonight? I forget. He looked fucked, but so did a lot of people who ended up alive at the end
Horrible post

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
3effs
Hall of Famer

Post by 3effs »

Madnessssss wrote:
3effs wrote:The ending did seem anticlimactic. Like...that’s it?
That's not the ending of the whole show

Who said it was? It’s the ending of the white walkers though.
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

That was the shortest hour and a half of my life.
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

Spoiler:
How many episodes in this season? Seems like there's a lot left to see after one of the main storylines has concluded.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:
Spoiler:
How many episodes in this season? Seems like there's a lot left to see after one of the main storylines has concluded.
Six....three to go.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Spoiler:
The episode was “okay”. The Dothraki flaming arakhs disappearing in the distance was a great scene, and some of the battles during the war were entertaining enough. But even with the shit hitting the fan there was never really any concern that this was it, if that makes sense. Every time a character was down and about to be impaled someone would miraculously show up and save them at the last second, and if you do that every once in a great while it’s cool, but 4-5 times in one episode comes across forced and anticlimactic. The Night King’s death was very well done I thought, considering that there didn’t seem to be another way to kill him seeing as how he laughed off dragon fire. I think George RR Martin will probably do something more mystical in nature when he finishes the book series in regards to the Night King (like maybe Bran is revealed to be the future Night King and they have to kill Bran, or Bran faces off against him on the astral plane or some weird shit like that). All in all it was an okay episode, but it suffers from the same bad writing as before (since they’ve run out of source material). Oh and FWIW I was pissed that Melisandre didn’t show her hot naked body just one last time lol
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

elmerjfudd wrote:I'm fine with it if Arya fails at her mission to kill Cersei. She served her purpose and now she needs to die.

#SamTarlywinsthethrone

You’re a Tarly fanboy? Wtf I didn’t even know he had fanboys lmao
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Post by elmerjfudd »

LNS wrote:

#SamTarlywinsthethrone

You’re a Tarly fanboy? Wtf I didn’t even know he had fanboys lmao
How can you not
Screenshot_20190414-214436.jpg
Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
3effs
Hall of Famer

Post by 3effs »

That shit was disappointing plain and simple. I don’t know how you can be satisfied with the conclusion of that storyline.

Hell, the last season and a half has been full of disappointments.
FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

Spoiler:
After sleeping on it, I don't mind it as much. It's funny that Mary Sue is trending on twitter about Arya today. I actually think Jon Snow is more of one. My biggest issue is that Arya was tied to the Cersei plot more. Maybe she gets that kill too, I don't know.

I'm hoping there's more exposition about the Night King/Walkers stuff with Bran. I guess we're getting the prequel series on the long night so some questions will be answered there.

On the bright side, ending this early means the Kings Landing part won't be rushed. There actually seems like there's too much time left given these extra-long episodes. I wonder if this means:

(1) Dany will become a villain or go crazy in some way
(2) We might get a big trial in the last episode (one of the early, likely 'fake' leaks from a few months ago said Tyrion was on trial
FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

Madnessssss wrote:
3effs wrote:That shit was disappointing plain and simple. I don’t know how you can be satisfied with the conclusion of that storyline.

Hell, the last season and a half has been full of disappointments.
That's fine to dislike it, but FPL came on here seconds after it ended saying everyone disliked it, because he did. You're both in the minority
I didn't say everybody disliked it. I said I understood why some people were raging. I was following on Reddit and there definitely was a mixed reaction (and of course a lot of people liked it because it was an amazing action/fighting episode):

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

Spoiler:
Most of the unsullied are dead. Former Queen Dany has no army now.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills