TOP 5 MVP candidates

Talk about anything here.
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Re: TOP 5 MVP candidates

Post by Titan18 »

Kennethgriffin wrote:
Titan18 wrote:Lebrons "down year" is better than most of Kobes career. Kobe arguably had only one year better than Lebrons current year.

Lebrons 26.7 PER would be the 2nd best in Kobes career
Lebrons .589 TS% would be the best in Kobe's career
Lebrons 119 offensive rating would be the best in Kobes career
Lebrons 104 defensive rating would be 5th best in Kobe's career

i don't care about advanced stat padding analytics

when i see a guy drop more 50 point games in one season (2006-07) than the other guy has in his entire career..(2003-04 to 2016-17) i see beyond a rebound extra or assist extra per game from dominating the ball 99% of the game or scoring an extra 4% out of 100 shots because he drives the ball more

fuck outa here

watch the games

when kobe dominates the ball like lebron he does shit nobody other than wilt chamberlain could even think of doing
So you just care about taking 27 shots to score 34 points.

Got it
Kennethgriffin
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Kennethgriffin »

Titan18 wrote:
Kennethgriffin wrote:
Titan18 wrote:Lebrons "down year" is better than most of Kobes career. Kobe arguably had only one year better than Lebrons current year.

Lebrons 26.7 PER would be the 2nd best in Kobes career
Lebrons .589 TS% would be the best in Kobe's career
Lebrons 119 offensive rating would be the best in Kobes career
Lebrons 104 defensive rating would be 5th best in Kobe's career

when i see a guy drop more 50 point games in one season (2006-07) than the other guy has in his entire career..(2003-04 to 2016-17) i see beyond a rebound extra or assist extra per game from dominating the ball 99% of the game or scoring an extra 4% out of 100 shots because he drives the ball more

fuck outa here

watch the games

when kobe dominates the ball like lebron he does shit nobody other than wilt chamberlain could even think of doing

Got it

one season he averaged 27.2 shots per game and averaged 35.4ppg

yes

your point?

that year he had 50%efg% and 55.9 true shooting %
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

Kennethgriffin wrote:
Titan18 wrote:
Kennethgriffin wrote:

fuck outa here

watch the games

Got it

yes

your point?

55.9 TS% would be good for 12th best in lebrons career
Kennethgriffin
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Kennethgriffin »

Titan18 wrote:
Kennethgriffin wrote:
Titan18 wrote:

Got it

yes

your point?

lebrons pretty good at picking his spots and knowing his limitations

i agree

but can lebron drop 35ppg while taking the type of shots kobe takes and be as efficient?

can lebron drop 50+ 10 times in one season ?

no... hes limited... so just being more efficient doesn't mean the anything really

lebrons good at averages because of his usage. but hes only really "gone off" a few times in his career. maybe 10 times?

kobes done superhuman shit 150 times+

kobes on that wilt/jordan tier of offense

lebron isnt
Kennethgriffin
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Kennethgriffin »

lebron can't go out and just do whatever he wants... he needs the defense to dictate what hes allowed to do

kobe/jordan/wilt... they just do it regardless and theres nothing the defense can do
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

Kennethgriffin wrote:
Titan18 wrote:
Kennethgriffin wrote:

yes

your point?

i agree

but can lebron drop 35ppg while taking the type of shots kobe takes and be as efficient?

no... hes limited... so just being more efficient doesn't mean the anything really

lebrons good at averages because of his usage. but hes only really "gone off" a few times in his career. maybe 10 times?

lebron isnt
Lebron is part of the Magic/Robertson tier which means he can score a good amount of points as well as get his teammates involved at the same time. Not to mention rebound well and play solid defense. Just a total package player.
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

Kennethgriffin wrote:
Titan18 wrote:
Kennethgriffin wrote:

yes

your point?

i agree

lebron isnt
So taking dumbass shots should be a plus vs a guy who plays smart basketball and takes efficient shots that helps his team?
Kennethgriffin
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Kennethgriffin »

elmouse03 wrote:
Kennethgriffin wrote:
Titan18 wrote:

i agree

lebron isnt
Lebron is part of the Magic/Robertson tier which means he can score a good amount of points as well as get his teammates involved at the same time. Not to mention rebound well and play solid defense. Just a total package player.

agreed... except that magic got everything in the flow while lebron forces allot of his numbers

dunno too much about oscar.
Kennethgriffin
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Kennethgriffin »

Titan18 wrote:
Kennethgriffin wrote:
Titan18 wrote:

i agree

lebron isnt
So taking dumbass shots should be a plus vs a guy who plays smart basketball and takes efficient shots that helps his team?

the fact that kobe can take "dumbass shots" and have the same points per shot as jordan means kobe made the nba look like a video game to him and hes the only guy to have that iverson type green light and make it successful

like i said before. its not a bad thing that kobes able to take and make any shot from anywhere over anyone

it might be 45%... but anyone else under those same conditions would be in the 20-30's percentile
Kennethgriffin
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Kennethgriffin »

some of these shots are ones only kobe could have done without it being total luck

phpBB [video]
Last edited by Kennethgriffin on Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

Kennethgriffin wrote:
Titan18 wrote:
Kennethgriffin wrote:

i agree

lebron isnt

the fact that kobe can take "dumbass shots" and have the same points per shot as jordan means kobe made the nba look like a video game to him and hes the only guy to have that iverson type green light and make it successful

like i said before. its not a bad thing that kobes able to take and make any shot from anywhere over anyone

it might be 45%... but anyone else under those same conditions would be in the 20-30's percentile
Jordan pps - 1.32
Kobe's - 1.28

They aren't the same. Wrong again
Kennethgriffin
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Kennethgriffin »

Titan18 wrote:
Kennethgriffin wrote:
Titan18 wrote:

Jordan pps - 1.32
Kobe's - 1.28

its

1.284 vs 1.316

and thats 131 points on 100 shots vs 128 points

big deal... shooting 50% to kobes 45% meant 3 more points after 5 games if kobe and mike both took 20 shots a game

and the last i looked at it was before kobes last 3 achilles seasons .. it used to be even closer than that
Kennethgriffin
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Kennethgriffin »

so basically. kobe took 10 times more difficult shots than jordan and only manages to lose out on 0.6 ppg on 20fgas

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

Kennethgriffin wrote:
Titan18 wrote:
Kennethgriffin wrote:

Jordan pps - 1.32
Kobe's - 1.28

its

1.284 vs 1.316

big deal... shooting 50% to kobes 45% meant 3 more points after 5 games if kobe and mike both took 20 shots a game

and the last i looked at it was before kobes last 3 achilles seasons .. it used to be even closer than that
Still less. Kobe comes up short again, just like he did all those years to Lebron.
Kennethgriffin
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Kennethgriffin »

Titan18 wrote:
Kennethgriffin wrote:
Titan18 wrote:
Jordan pps - 1.32
Kobe's - 1.28

its

1.284 vs 1.316

Still less. Kobe comes up short again, just like he did all those years to Lebron.

pretty sure he didn't

elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

Kennethgriffin wrote:
Titan18 wrote:
Kennethgriffin wrote:
its

1.284 vs 1.316

pretty sure he didn't

Lebron coming back from 3-1 nullifies all those.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Evan Fournier.
dwcmwa
All-Time Great

Post by dwcmwa »

The utter disrespect of Jimmy Butler is again evident not only on this board but in the media.

Not even a mention in the Top 5????!!!

elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

Havlicekstealsit wrote:Evan Fournier.
Did he look up his last name again?
FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

I haven't watched a ton of games this year, so not sure who would be in my top 5.

Westbrook and Harden are putting up monster box score numbers, but we'll need to see what seeds they end up as.

Regarding Kawhi, I've heard some reports that he hasn't been as much of a beast defensively since he's expending extra effort as the number one option (and not part of an offense-by-committee approach this year) offensively.

It'll be interesting to see how many wins the Clippers end up with, because Paul or Griffin might get some consideration. I think KD will get a real look too. I haven't watched a lot of NBA games in general this year as I noted, but I have watched a lot of the Warriors. KD has used his length masterfully defensively, and he could reach his potential as an all-time terrific all-around player.