Assuming they win the title, how high are the 2024 Celtics all-time?

Talk about anything here.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Re: Assuming they win the title, how high are the 2024 Celtics all-time?

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Bush is most definitely triggered AND shook up AF in this thread...

That being said, Boston faced 48, 46, 47 and 50 win opponents (lol), with 3 of those 4 teams crippled with injuries to their best player/s.

Outside of some of LeBron and Russell's opponents (in the 2010's and 50's/part of the 60's respectively) I challenge bush to find another NBA Champion who faced weaker competition than these 2024 Celtics.

I'll wait... and in the meantime I'll go fix myself a corned beef sammich on pumpernickel (hold the dressing, cheese and kraut) because I have a feeling I'll be waiting for a while.

:pimp:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 3:49 pm
Da Stars. wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 3:41 pm Talking out your ass again, Bush.
No, not really.

There is absolutely no team from 1980-1989 that would be time-machined to the present day and beat teams like the Pelicans, Lakers, Heat, etc...

None.
My time machine is updated. Players from the early 70's learn how to shoot from long distance. Bigs shoot the 3 as well. Bigs have ball skills.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

I find it hilarious that certain fans think chucking up 25 footers 40% of the time somehow makes today's NBA superior.

I mean, think about it... the goal is to create EASY Offense, yet in today's Modern NBA (where Defense has never been weaker/softer) these players are taking the most difficult shots and MISSING them 65% of the time (on average)... and that's supposed to make the players and the game better (in the minds of certain fans who obviously aren't very astute hoops fans, but that's a different topic entirely).

:L :L :L
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

TDK, you can't talk about anything basketball-related until the 2025 season starts up.

You've been demonstrably wrong on literally every single (meaningful) specific claim you've made this year, except on the Magic and that was just you parroting me.

It's not even hitting beyond the Mendoza line...it's like you got to flip the first digit of your batting average to a 1.

So if you can get your BA up above .100...I'll answer reasonable and thoughtful questions. Not until (I've already addressed that one anyway).
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Keep deflecting bush, you're just proving that TDK is correct about the 2024 Celtics.

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

I've answered your queries 10x over in other places, directly to you.

You just don't understand them because of your limited ability.

Will you apologize for calling the Celtics a scrub team that (quote) "didn't have a prayer of winning the title"?

I bet not. You lack integrity

lmao
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Well, I got to go.

I expect the following from non-Celtics fans, after they close the series (earlier is better, but after it's official is the minimum):

1. A sincere apology to me and other Celtics fans for competing with us and wasting our fucking time this year.

2. A thoughtful action plan about how you are going to either become Celtics fans in the future, or maintain your current team while holding the Celtics in a higher and more esteemed place.

3. Some level of reflection (two paragraphs is fine), about how Celtics fans are better than other fans, and what it means to the board going forward. Specific examples would be valued and appreciated.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bush4Ever. wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 4:35 pm Well, I got to go.
Of course you do... run along, chicken little.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:slapping:

kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Bush has 78 of the 88 posts in this thread
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

:ape: :ape: :ape: :ape: :ape: :ape: :ape: :ape: :ape: :ape: :ape: :ape: :ape: :ape:
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Post by elmerjfudd »

They're definitely worse than 67 Sixers and 83 Sixers.
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:31 am So what's the vote, after Artman and TDK are set to eat a LOT of humble pie?

I still say 2nd best all-time, behind the 2017 Warriors (assuming they finish it from here on out in a reasonable manner).

Potentially capping it all off with 11 straight playoff wins in a row.

1. 96 Bulls
2. 2017 Warriors
3. 2024 Celtics
4. 1972 Lakers
5. 1971 Bucks
Corrected your mistake.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

This is one of the best troll threads in a long time. Bush got a lot of people going... and not just the one all too obvious usual suspect.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:02 am This is one of the best troll threads in a long time. Bush got a lot of people going... and not just the one all too obvious usual suspect.
No troll grizz... you truly are a very stupid man if you actually believe TDK doesn't realize bush is trolling.

Then again I've always said you are THE easiest mark on this board, so perhaps you actually do believe it.

:lol: :roll: :L

_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:28 am
_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:02 am This is one of the best troll threads in a long time. Bush got a lot of people going... and not just the one all too obvious usual suspect.
No troll grizz... you truly are a very stupid man if you actually believe TDK doesn't realize bush is trolling.

Then again, I've always said you are THE easiest mark on this board, so perhaps you actually do believe it.

And yet, you can never resist and he gets you hook, line and sinker every freaking time.

And I just got you, with ease, because I knew damn well you wouldn't be able to resist. You have the awareness of a turnip.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

elmerjfudd wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:32 pm They're definitely worse than 67 Sixers and 83 Sixers.
Quoted for absolute truth.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:30 am

Then again, I've always said you are THE easiest mark on this board, so perhaps you actually do believe it.

And yet, you can never resist and he gets you hook, line and sinker every freaking time.

And I just got you, with ease, because I knew damn well you wouldn't be able to resist. You have the awareness of a turnip.
See, this is why you're a stupid man (or the world's easiest mark, take your pick): Nobody "gets me" when they make obvious foolish statements (like the 2024 Celtics are the second greatest team in NBA history - lol). It's clear as day it's a troll thread AND being a troll myself, I simply play along.

It's really that simple. You're just not very bright, grizz.

Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

PhutureDynasty wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:42 am
elmerjfudd wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:32 pm They're definitely worse than 67 Sixers and 83 Sixers.
This reminds me that you aren't old enough to have experienced a Sixers title in your lifetime. Sad... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Robceltsfan wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:46 am
PhutureDynasty wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:42 am
This reminds me that you aren't old enough to have experienced a Sixers title in your lifetime. Sad... :lol: :lol: :lol:
:goalposts:
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:45 am
_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:30 am

See, this is why you're a stupid man (or the world's easiest mark, take your pick): Nobody "gets me" when they make obvious foolish statements (like the 2024 Celtics are the second greatest team in NBA history - lol). It's clear as day it's a troll thread AND being a troll myself, I simply play along.

It's really that simple. You're just not very bright, grizz.
My ass TDK. You are so freaking wedded to MJ, the 90s, anything Chicago that you can't resist. You don't "play along", you get played. You are Chicago Artie.