Can someone please explain why today's "superior athletes" need a full 1 week off for the AS break...?

Talk about anything here.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Re: Can someone please explain why today's "superior athletes" need a full 1 week off for the AS break...?

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Truthfully, I wouldn't engage with TDK if the board had other topics in play, just like I never interacted with Artman at ESPN.

But really...you all aren't giving me much to work with.

Do better everyone. If I ignore TDK and focus on other topics, I'm basically never going to post and will have to do work that I'm paid to
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Re: Can someone please explain why today's "superior athletes" need a full 1 week off for the AS break...?

Post by Titan18 »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:09 pm Truthfully, I wouldn't engage with TDK if the board had other topics in play, just like I never interacted with Artman at ESPN.

Do better everyone. If I ignore TDK and focus on other topics, I'm basically never going to post and will have to do work that I'm paid to
You should still engage with TDK because your loss would be devastating for the board. But if you need other stimulation we can start a “Ask Bush something nerdy” thread. For example, can you differentiate between univariate, bivariate, and multivariate analysis?
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Titan18 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:14 pm
Bush4Ever. wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:09 pm Truthfully, I wouldn't engage with TDK if the board had other topics in play, just like I never interacted with Artman at ESPN.

You should still engage with TDK because your loss would be devastating for the board. But if you need other stimulation we can start a “Ask Bush something nerdy” thread. For example, can you differentiate between univariate, bivariate, and multivariate analysis?
AKA trigger Bush's Autism Thread?
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

I'm trying bro, what kind of topics are you looking for?
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

I don't need it to be nerdy. Honestly, on this board I would probably prefer discussing and working through dumb, but fun slice-of-life issues.

Patrice O'Neal said "men are philosophical about dumb shit". I enjoy those types of conversations,

Working out the attractiveness of Miley Cyrus and my Diablo 2 builds is more interesting to me (here at least) than discussions of statistical topics.

lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:20 pm
I don't need it to be nerdy. Honestly, on this board I would probably prefer discussing and working through dumb, but fun slice-of-life issues.

Patrice O'Neal said "men are philosophical about dumb shit". I enjoy those types of conversations,

Working out the attractiveness of Miley Cyrus and my Diablo 2 builds is more interesting to me (here at least) than discussions of statistical topics.

I knew the “what kind of jersey number is #26” would stir your drink a bit”

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

lettherebehouse wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:27 pm
I knew the “what kind of jersey number is #26” would stir your drink a bit”
Yes, that was a great board topic (for me at least), so kudos.
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:20 pm

Good to know

:suds:
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Or bush could start a thread and lay out a disseration explaining why he believes LeFraud is the GOAT (lololol) over MJ, and watch TDK single-handedly dismantle his argument.

:pimp: :pimp:
Last edited by thedangerouskitchen on Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

But seriously... who (besides the BWGC) reeeeeally believe MJ retired in 93 because he couldn't handle the pressure??

I mean, come on... this is Jordan we're talking about here, not the sissies from today's era.

:lol: :roll: :L

PS: On another note... have we reached a concensus as to why today's "superior athletes" need a full one (1) week off for the All Star break?

:noidea:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

How is your relationship with your domestic partner going, TDK?
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bush4Ever. wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:05 pm How is your relationship with your domestic partner going, TDK?
Why the deflection?

Anyway, since you asked... we're doing great; only now she's more than a Domestic Partner, as we're engaged and soon to be Mr. and Mrs. TDK.

You getting that dissertation ready or what?

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:15 pm
Bush4Ever. wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:05 pm How is your relationship with your domestic partner going, TDK?
Why the deflection?

Anyway, since you asked... we're doing great; only now she's more than a Domestic Partner, as we're engaged and soon to be Mr. and Mrs. TDK.
That's really great news, and I sense a lot of legitimacy behind it.

I'm happy for you.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

I think Anger General has had enough fun at TDK's expense to pool our money to together and get TDK and his partner a wedding gift or two.

Maybe a blender and a 2x subscription to Jeremy's razors (Daily Wire) for a year or something like that.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bush4Ever. wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:17 pm
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:15 pm
Why the deflection?

That's really great news, and I sense a lot of legitimacy behind it.

I'm happy for you.
:trump:

Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:20 pm I think Anger General has had enough fun at TDK's expense to pool our money to together and get TDK and his partner a wedding gift or two.

Maybe a blender and a 2x subscription to Jeremy's razors (Daily Wire) for a year or something like that.
I got 20 on it.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bush4Ever. wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:20 pm I think Anger General has had enough fun at TDK's expense to pool our money to together and get TDK and his partner a wedding gift or two.

Eh... I don't need any gifts and they're won't be any wedding celebration per se since we've both been-there-done-that previously and have no interest in doing it again... BUT... if you really want to give TDK a present, go ahead and post your argument for why you believe LeFraud > Jordan, so I can enjoy dismantling it thoroughly and completely.

AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Make sure to get an iron clad pre nup in place TDK otherwise congrats 👏
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.