Curry is better than Lebron ever was

Talk about anything here.
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Re: Curry is better than Lebron ever was

Post by rtiff68 »

Bartman wrote:It's been proven in this thread that rtiff is the hugest homer on this board
"Watch Kobe to define chucking."

"rtiff is the hugest homer on this board."

What's been proven today is that Bartman needs to up his trolling game.

Weak sauce, bro.
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

rileymartin wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
And what percentage do you give that Curry will end up being the better player lol?

Curry is well into his prime, and he has yet to put up even 1 season that is better than at least 10 of LeBron's seasons.
I don't think Curry will ever be as good as LeBron, but again...exaggerations and falsehoods.

"Curry is well into his prime."

Curry is currently playing in his 6th NBA season and just turned 27 years old.

When LeBron finished his first 6th NBA season, he won his first MVP, and he had zero championships.

I also think it's pretty safe to say that Curry's game will age well (health permitting), as he does not rely upon superior size and/or athleticism to play his best ball.
I have a very simple question for you. Do you think that Curry's season this year would crack any of LeBron's top 10 seasons?
First of all, that has nothing to do with this thread.

Second of all, be specific: are we talking strictly offensively, or overall?
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

Prime James was a better offensive player than Stephen Curry.

Has Curry passed James?

Ask me after this post season.
dunkan5rings
Hall of Famer

Post by dunkan5rings »

lol@LeBronafites downplaying and even flat out denying that LeBron only won with super rosters, besides bailing on 2 franchises in his career in order to ring chase.

Dwyane Wade was a non-factor, he was done, old, decrepit, etc.

Bosh is overrated.

Allen was washed up.

The Heat as a collective were just an average team.

LeBron James >>> Jordan, Duncan, Kobe!

:mjlaugh:
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

wailuaFC wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
wailuaFC wrote: That's not what he's arguing, that's never been in question. Why do you keep trying to bring this up when it has zero relevance of who is currently a better offensive player?
It is quite relevant. Saying that Curry had better stats this season, and saying he is currently better offensively is 2 different things.
LeBron is still better than Curry despite what the stats say.
1) he said it could be argued that curry was better and it could be argued that lebron is, that is factually true.
2) saying curry had better stats is factually true.
3) lebrons past play has zero relevance with his current play

This has all been laid out many many times for you
I have already conceded manty times that statistically speaking Curry had the better year.

But, on the basketball court, in a real game, LeBron is a better offensive player than Curry. Although statistically speaking LeBron has proven this by far throughout his career, statistics aren't always the end all.
I get it that Rtff is your buddy and you are desperately trying to help him, but, even you know better than to say Curry is better than LeBron lol. It simply isn't true.
Bartman
Hall of Famer

Post by Bartman »

Have curry and Lebron switch teams and curry would struggle to make the playoffs while lebron would guaranteed another ring
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

dunkan5rings wrote:lol@LeBronafites downplaying and even flat out denying that LeBron only won with super rosters, besides bailing on 2 franchises in his career in order to ring chase.

Dwyane Wade was a non-factor, he was done, old, decrepit, etc.

Bosh is overrated.

Allen was washed up.

The Heat as a collective were just an average team.

LeBron James >>> Jordan, Duncan, Kobe!

:mjlaugh:
What does winning have to do with this thread?
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

rtiff68 wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
I don't think Curry will ever be as good as LeBron, but again...exaggerations and falsehoods.

"Curry is well into his prime."

Curry is currently playing in his 6th NBA season and just turned 27 years old.

When LeBron finished his first 6th NBA season, he won his first MVP, and he had zero championships.

I also think it's pretty safe to say that Curry's game will age well (health permitting), as he does not rely upon superior size and/or athleticism to play his best ball.
I have a very simple question for you. Do you think that Curry's season this year would crack any of LeBron's top 10 seasons?

Either or.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

wailuaFC wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
wailuaFC wrote: That's not what he's arguing, that's never been in question. Why do you keep trying to bring this up when it has zero relevance of who is currently a better offensive player?
It is quite relevant. Saying that Curry had better stats this season, and saying he is currently better offensively is 2 different things.
1) he said it could be argued that curry was better and it could be argued that lebron is, that is factually true.

And, probably most importantly, the one area where your buddy seems to think Curry has the biggest advantage, making players around him better, is probably the most laughable of all of it.
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

rileymartin wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

Either or.
I'd have to take a closer look at LeBron's "best 10 seasons"-- I'm not even sure what those are off of the top of my head-- to say definitively one way or the other, but instinctively I'm inclined to think that Curry's best year offensively is on par with LeBron's 10th best year offensively.

...and a quick peak at the numbers reinforces that. Keep in mind the impact Curry's presence has upon a defense, his mpg this past season (and the numbers he put up despite them), and the fact that you laid out a pretty ridiculously large window (10 years).
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

rileymartin wrote:
wailuaFC wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

I have already conceded manty times that statistically speaking Curry had the better year.

But, on the basketball court, in a real game, LeBron is a better offensive player than Curry. Although statistically speaking LeBron has proven this by far throughout his career, statistics aren't always the end all.
I get it that Rtff is your buddy and you are desperately trying to help him, but, even you know better than to say Curry is better than LeBron lol. It simply isn't true.
So we agree that it could be argued for either one of them to have had a better year offensively, that's perfect. I also agree that lebron in the past was clearly better, but that's not true anymore. Going forward we have no idea who will be better, but I would guess that lebron is closer to being on the down hill of his career then curry is
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

rileymartin wrote:
wailuaFC wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

And, probably most importantly, the one area where your buddy seems to think Curry has the biggest advantage, making players around him better, is probably the most laughable of all of it.
The only thing laughable is your inability to have an intelligent conversation.

It took you damn near 6-7 posts to acknowledge your error about the statistics this season (which was literally as simple as 2>1), and then you went on a straw man rampage that I've detailed multiple times throughout this thread.

I just made an argument for Curry, and you respond with "haha, that's laughable" as your response.

You've yet to present a single, coherent point this entire thread and you're deflecting all over the place. Honestly riley, it's hilarious that you hate TDK so much, because your performance in this thread is vintage TDK when he's on a trolling binge.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

"Keep in mind the impact Curry's presence has upon a defense"

"Ironically enough, the area where you discounted Curry the most (attention by opposing defenses) is actually the area where I consider Curry to have the biggest advantage."

This isn't homerish?

I guess LeBron's presence doesn't do much to a defense LOL?
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Very simple question...Which statement is more true?

A. Curry had a better season than LeBron this year offensively, and he has surpassed him.

Or

B. Curry had a better season than LeBron this year offensively, but it is way to soon to put Curry ahead of LeBron.

I am Clearly going with B.
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

rileymartin wrote:"Keep in mind the impact Curry's presence has upon a defense"

"Ironically enough, the area where you discounted Curry the most (attention by opposing defenses) is actually the area where I consider Curry to have the biggest advantage."

This isn't homerish?

He explained the difference of how teams defend them, and backed it up by proving the Warriors excel at scoring in the paint despite not having a low post threat and just being a bunch of three point shooters
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

wailuaFC wrote:

This isn't homerish?

He explained the difference of how teams defend them, and backed it up by proving the Warriors excel at scoring in the paint despite not having a low post threat and just being a bunch of three point shooters
OK, I get it that he explained it.
But, would you agree with this comment...
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

This isn't homerish?

Congrats, riley's 5th straw man of the thread (you're averaging at least one per page).

Where did I say that LeBron's presence didn't do much to a defense?

Also, what did I say specifically about how LeBron affects a team defense versus how Curry does (this is going to require you to actually read my posts and respond to my specific points, as opposed to simply creating straw man arguments that you can easily refute)?
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

wailuaFC wrote:

This isn't homerish?

And, the Heat didnt have a low post threat the last 4 years when LeBron was there, how did they do with points in the paint?
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

rileymartin wrote:
wailuaFC wrote:

This isn't homerish?

OK, I get it that he explained it.
But, would you agree with this comment...
As an individual scorer, I give LeBron the nod; in terms of how each players affects a team's overall defense, I give Curry the nod (this season, and as much as LeBron's 10th best season).
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

rtiff68 wrote:

This isn't homerish?

Congrats, riley's 5th straw man of the thread (you're averaging at least one per page).

Where did I say that LeBron's presence didn't do much to a defense?

Also, what did I say specifically about how LeBron affects a team defense versus how Curry does (this is going to require you to actually read my posts and respond to my specific points, as opposed to simply creating straw man arguments that you can easily refute)?
HMMM, didn't you just say that Curry's biggest advantage over LeBron was his presence?