Science nerds: What do you think lies beyond the edge of the observable universe?

Talk about anything here.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Re: Science nerds: What do you think lies beyond the edge of the observable universe?

Post by LNS »

So Clevey will be flying around in heaven without a penis?

:verdum:
CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

Re: Science nerds: What do you think lies beyond the edge of the observable universe?

Post by CleveTown™ »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
Bush4Ever. wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:Love this thread. We went from what’s beyond space to heavenly penises, to white purism.

So awesome.
What does the Mormon Church teach on this subject?

Please advise.
That everyone gets bigger in the afterlife...

We believe in eternal marriage and families. I don’t know how things will work in the next life but what would be the point of teaching us a specific way to bear children if that’s not how it works in the next life?

That’s the gospel according to kingcarl though.
You blatantly believe false doctrine. I pity you.
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

LNS wrote:So Clevey will be flying around in heaven without a penis?

:verdum:
He'll be used to it.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

CleveTown™ wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:
Bush4Ever. wrote:
What does the Mormon Church teach on this subject?

Please advise.

We believe in eternal marriage and families. I don’t know how things will work in the next life but what would be the point of teaching us a specific way to bear children if that’s not how it works in the next life?

What does it matter if I truly believe Christ is my Savior and only through and his atonement will I obtain eternal life?
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
CleveTown™ wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:

What does it matter if I truly believe Christ is my Savior and only through and his atonement will I obtain eternal life?
You yourself will be saved, but I just don't understand why if the Bible clearly teaches we will not be married nor given in marriage that you don't believe it?
January 7th. (D)
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

CleveTown™ wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:
CleveTown™ wrote: You blatantly believe false doctrine. I pity you.
You yourself will be saved, but I just don't understand why if the Bible clearly teaches we will not be married nor given in marriage that you don't believe it?
Because I believe in modern revelation and that God didn’t stop talking to us and giving us instructions 2000 years ago. It’s pretty simple.
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
CleveTown™ wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:
Because I believe in modern revelation and that God didn’t stop talking to us and giving us instructions 2000 years ago. It’s pretty simple.
"Modern revelation" aka man's new age interpretation. Just go with the original Word of God and the interpretation is plain as day. There's no other way to understand the Bible verse claiming when the dead are raised we will be like the angels, neither marrying nor given in marriage.
January 7th. (D)
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

So just a quick search turned up this document to explain some of the problems with taking those verses at face value only...

https://www.fairmormon.org/wp-content/u ... rriage.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is another reason why I feel it's important to have modern revelations and prophets today. So we aren't left to try and understand and interpret what God was trying to say 2000 years ago. It's also important to trust in God through personal prayer and study and that through the Holy Ghost, you may know the truth of all things.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

CleveTown™ wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:
CleveTown™ wrote: You yourself will be saved, but I just don't understand why if the Bible clearly teaches we will not be married nor given in marriage that you don't believe it?
"Modern revelation" aka man's new age interpretation. Just go with the original Word of God and the interpretation is plain as day. There's no other way to understand the Bible verse claiming when the dead are raised we will be like the angels, neither marrying nor given in marriage.

:mjlaugh:
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Clevetown trying to pretend he understands biblical verses is unbelievably cringeworthy.
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:Clevetown trying to pretend he understands biblical verses is unbelievably cringeworthy.
Is it that difficult to understand? Do you have a better interpretation, cucky?
January 7th. (D)
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

Kingcarl24 wrote:So just a quick search turned up this document to explain some of the problems with taking those verses at face value only...

https://www.fairmormon.org/wp-content/u ... rriage.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is another reason why I feel it's important to have modern revelations and prophets today. So we aren't left to try and understand and interpret what God was trying to say 2000 years ago. It's also important to trust in God through personal prayer and study and that through the Holy Ghost, you may know the truth of all things.
Sorry, I don't and won't read the twisted Mormon doctrine. No offense.
January 7th. (D)
Bartman
Hall of Famer

Post by Bartman »

Carl seems to think God's word isn't durable and can be manipulated to fit his point of view. I didn't know you could do that.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

CleveTown™ wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:Clevetown trying to pretend he understands biblical verses is unbelievably cringeworthy.
Is it that difficult to understand? Do you have a better interpretation, cucky?
I guess since you can't get it up, and even if you could, you might pop a heart attack with those blood pressure issues, it makes sense that you'd interpret it that way.

But biblical scholars with 40 IQ points on you could come up with many, many different interpretations.

But you suffer horribly from TheDunningKruger Syndrome and think you're a smart guy, so therein lies the problem.