Legend

Re: Curry is better than Lebron ever was

Post by Thedictator »

:lol:
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

I dismantled the FUCK out of Ayeshtiff in this thread...
Thedictator
Legend

Post by Thedictator »

Madnessssss wrote:
Bush4Ever wrote:Curry's current pace is better than Lebron's pace offensively, prime or not, albeit with not an amazing amount of difference either way. His three-point shooting combined with his very improved finishing ability and ability to get his shot off is such a huge boon for an offense, it's unreal and not something that is matched by even prime Lebron's offensive skills.

Now when it comes to defense and overall play...that's a different discussion.
Lebrons defense is overrated while Currys is underrated. Both are a little above average, both have been part of #1 ranked defensive teams. And I don't know what you mean by overall play aside from offense and defense. I'd give the clutch play advantage to curry easily. Free throws objectively to curry. Rebounds to Lebron obviously, but curry is above average for a point guard.

Curry is the overall better player.
Lol
Thedictator
Legend

Post by Thedictator »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:So when are we supposed to take the OP seriously... considering he's latched onto several player's penises and didn't let go amid a stream of grandiose claims...

Kobe was not better than Jordan.
Blake Griffin was not better than Duncan.

Yet, the OP made thousands of posts championing both takes. Do we just forget those and run with this one? It's like predicting that the 76ers will beat every team it faces... then gloating when they finally do.

[Note: Not gonna search, but is this my 1st post in a 543-post thread? This is a doozy of a long thread...]
Btfo by abe

:banderas:
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

rtiff68 wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
In your opinion. And, if you remember correctly, I said " a reasonable argument could be made," which is a far cry from "it's a lock."

Curry was better statistically (thank you for finally admitting that), and one could reasonably argue he's the better offensive player. It's debatable. You can make a strong argument for LeBron, you can make a strong argument for Steph.

Also, let's not pretend like Curry is a flash in the pan this season. He broke his own NBA record for made 3's while shooting an outstanding .443 from deep, and he's finished 6th in assists two years in a row...while also serving as his team's primary ball handler, distributor, and scorer.

Like I've been saying the entire thread, LeBron is the best player in the game, but one could argue that Curry is currently the better offensive player. That is all.
Again, I have always mantained the Curry is a better 3 point shooter.

Curry's greatest season would rank 11th behind 10 of LeBron's season. He isn't a flash in the pan, but he is no LeBron either.
He's the better the 3pt shooter, the better shooter overall, the better ball handler (you've conveniently avoided this), and arguably the better passer (the numbers the past two seasons say Curry is better definitively, you claim "it isn't close" based upon your eyeball test).

Ironically enough, the area where you discounted Curry the most (attention by opposing defenses) is actually the area where I consider Curry to have the biggest advantage. Like I said earlier, when you're playing a team with LeBron James, the plan is to pack it in and force him to shoot jump shots. When Curry is one the floor, the defense is stretched out to half court, which creates all kinds of looks/opportunities for Steph's teammates. The Warriors were 4th in points in the paint this past year not because they have a back to the basket big who can score on the block consistently, or because they have a perimeter player who is an elite finisher; rather, they have a guy who spreads the defense so thin, that slashing wings end up with wide open lay-ups off of cuts.

You pick your poison as a defense: you let Steph shoot, you let another wide open shooter shoot, or you surrender lay-ups.
LOL, I wonder if Ayeshtiff still thinks this...
Thedictator
Legend

Post by Thedictator »

Thedictator wrote:
Madnessssss wrote:
Thedictator wrote:
So u are saying curry is possibly the better player 4 years from now?
better now. Will retire greater and higher on all time lists. In 4 years everyone will agree with my statement in the OP
[youtube]jRKz82v5JQY[/youtube]
Repeat3peat
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Repeat3peat »

Thedictator wrote:
Thedictator wrote:
Madnessssss wrote: better now. Will retire greater and higher on all time lists. In 4 years everyone will agree with my statement in the OP
[youtube]jRKz82v5JQY[/youtube]
:sadbron: :D
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Has anyone EVER had a fish on a hook for as long as I had Ayeshtiff in this thread...I should have won some type of award for this one...
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

rtiff68 wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
In your opinion. And, if you remember correctly, I said " a reasonable argument could be made," which is a far cry from "it's a lock."

Curry was better statistically (thank you for finally admitting that), and one could reasonably argue he's the better offensive player. It's debatable. You can make a strong argument for LeBron, you can make a strong argument for Steph.

Also, let's not pretend like Curry is a flash in the pan this season. He broke his own NBA record for made 3's while shooting an outstanding .443 from deep, and he's finished 6th in assists two years in a row...while also serving as his team's primary ball handler, distributor, and scorer.

Like I've been saying the entire thread, LeBron is the best player in the game, but one could argue that Curry is currently the better offensive player. That is all.

Curry's greatest season would rank 11th behind 10 of LeBron's season. He isn't a flash in the pan, but he is no LeBron either.
He's the better the 3pt shooter, the better shooter overall, the better ball handler (you've conveniently avoided this), and arguably the better passer (the numbers the past two seasons say Curry is better definitively, you claim "it isn't close" based upon your eyeball test).

Ironically enough, the area where you discounted Curry the most (attention by opposing defenses) is actually the area where I consider Curry to have the biggest advantage. Like I said earlier, when you're playing a team with LeBron James, the plan is to pack it in and force him to shoot jump shots. When Curry is one the floor, the defense is stretched out to half court, which creates all kinds of looks/opportunities for Steph's teammates. The Warriors were 4th in points in the paint this past year not because they have a back to the basket big who can score on the block consistently, or because they have a perimeter player who is an elite finisher; rather, they have a guy who spreads the defense so thin, that slashing wings end up with wide open lay-ups off of cuts.

You pick your poison as a defense: you let Steph shoot, you let another wide open shooter shoot, or you surrender lay-ups.

I wonder if Ayeshtiff still believes this LOL...

Which player forces opposing coaches to make the most adjustments?
1. LeBron James, Cleveland – 75.0%
2. Stephen Curry, Golden State – 21.4%
3. Draymond Green, Golden State – 3.6%
Last year: LeBron James – 62.1%
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

rileymartin wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

One post in another thread-- you responded immediately, then instantly searched for this thread and bumped it.

You like to pick on Deez for not being self aware, but you might be the least self aware poster on this site.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

rtiff68 wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:

One post in another thread-- you responded immediately, then instantly searched for this thread and bumped it.

You like to pick on Deez for not being self aware, but you might be the least self aware poster on this site.
Go ahead and admit that after taking you on a 29 page ride that even a place like Magic Mountain or Disney couldn't top, that I am and have always been 100% correct...Admit it...its OK, everyone already knows...
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

How the fuck does someone get BTFO by criley of all people?

Sad.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:How the fuck does someone get BTFO by criley of all people?

Sad.
Curry fans are soft, and easy pickins...Always have been...Ayeshtiff is the easiest of them all...
Master Spade
Hall of Famer

Post by Master Spade »

elmouse03 wrote:Here's a question.

What if Curry and LeBron meet in the finals and Curry beats him as well as out performs him? Would people then put Curry ahead of LeBron?

It's kind of like the 91 finals for when Magic met MJ and MJ beat him and people instantly put MJ ahead of Magic despite Magic having 5 rings to Jordan's 1 after that finals was over.

Good question. What's your answer?

:D
I would rather DIE Standing on my Feet, than Live Life on my Knees!!
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Madnessssss wrote:the longest non-stickied thread in AG history

i am simply amazing
You had nothing to do with it smokey...
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Madnessssss wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
Madnessssss wrote:the longest non-stickied thread in AG history

i am simply amazing
You had nothing to do with it smokey...
i am god
You drive a Hyundai.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Madnessssss wrote:
LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:
Madnessssss wrote: i am god
You drive a Hyundai.
still I'm god

pixel go hard af btw
Guess I'm going to get one since I've already got USB-C cables.

Was deciding between S7 Edge and Pixel XL.
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Post by elmerjfudd »

Madnessssss wrote:Called it 4 years ago. Nobody agreed. Now it's basically undisputable
Even if it is true (which it is not) I called Ray Allen (when he was in college) being better than Michael Jordan and by Michael Jordan's last season it was undisputable.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Owned as fuck
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Those stats aren't a parody, schlomo. Wipe your chin and walk it off.