Curry is better than Lebron ever was

Talk about anything here.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Re: Curry is better than Lebron ever was

Post by Da Stars. »

Madness, if LeBron and the Cavs win the title you will have this thread stuck up your ass. That would be depressing as hell.
sportswise1
All-Time Great

Post by sportswise1 »

Madnessssss wrote:
Da Stars. wrote:Madness, if LeBron and the Cavs win the title you will have this thread stuck up your ass. That would be depressing as hell.
won't happen. Curry will win. He will be 1-0 vs lebron, and he'll have a ring with less help than lebron has ever won a ring with.
so you don't think Curry has a good supporting cast of players?
sportswise1
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

Madness going to bump this shit all the time during the finals. Might reach 40-50 pages
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

rtiff68 wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
In your opinion. And, if you remember correctly, I said " a reasonable argument could be made," which is a far cry from "it's a lock."

Curry was better statistically (thank you for finally admitting that), and one could reasonably argue he's the better offensive player. It's debatable. You can make a strong argument for LeBron, you can make a strong argument for Steph.

Also, let's not pretend like Curry is a flash in the pan this season. He broke his own NBA record for made 3's while shooting an outstanding .443 from deep, and he's finished 6th in assists two years in a row...while also serving as his team's primary ball handler, distributor, and scorer.

Like I've been saying the entire thread, LeBron is the best player in the game, but one could argue that Curry is currently the better offensive player. That is all.
Again, I have always mantained the Curry is a better 3 point shooter.

Curry's greatest season would rank 11th behind 10 of LeBron's season. He isn't a flash in the pan, but he is no LeBron either.
He's the better the 3pt shooter, the better shooter overall, the better ball handler (you've conveniently avoided this), and arguably the better passer (the numbers the past two seasons say Curry is better definitively, you claim "it isn't close" based upon your eyeball test).

Ironically enough, the area where you discounted Curry the most (attention by opposing defenses) is actually the area where I consider Curry to have the biggest advantage. Like I said earlier, when you're playing a team with LeBron James, the plan is to pack it in and force him to shoot jump shots. When Curry is one the floor, the defense is stretched out to half court, which creates all kinds of looks/opportunities for Steph's teammates. The Warriors were 4th in points in the paint this past year not because they have a back to the basket big who can score on the block consistently, or because they have a perimeter player who is an elite finisher; rather, they have a guy who spreads the defense so thin, that slashing wings end up with wide open lay-ups off of cuts.

You pick your poison as a defense: you let Steph shoot, you let another wide open shooter shoot, or you surrender lay-ups.
LOL at this Warriors homer rtiff for actually making a statement like this...

Curry's biggest advantage over LeBron is his presence on the court? LOL at Wailaui for actually agreeing with this bullshit.
Thedictator
Legend

Post by Thedictator »

wailuaFC wrote:
Thedictator wrote:
wailuaFC wrote: THATS NOT THE ARGUMENT holy shit you guys
I was also basing my argument that lebron is better offensively this year, i was just throwing in that he was also better the last few seasons by even more....he dominates the other team...and that is including this year
Can you back that up? So far you've tried lebron shot better from the field and lebron used to be better, do you have any actual statistical arguments?
Yeah check the finals games...
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

rileymartin wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
Again, I have always mantained the Curry is a better 3 point shooter.

Curry's greatest season would rank 11th behind 10 of LeBron's season. He isn't a flash in the pan, but he is no LeBron either.
He's the better the 3pt shooter, the better shooter overall, the better ball handler (you've conveniently avoided this), and arguably the better passer (the numbers the past two seasons say Curry is better definitively, you claim "it isn't close" based upon your eyeball test).

Ironically enough, the area where you discounted Curry the most (attention by opposing defenses) is actually the area where I consider Curry to have the biggest advantage. Like I said earlier, when you're playing a team with LeBron James, the plan is to pack it in and force him to shoot jump shots. When Curry is one the floor, the defense is stretched out to half court, which creates all kinds of looks/opportunities for Steph's teammates. The Warriors were 4th in points in the paint this past year not because they have a back to the basket big who can score on the block consistently, or because they have a perimeter player who is an elite finisher; rather, they have a guy who spreads the defense so thin, that slashing wings end up with wide open lay-ups off of cuts.

You pick your poison as a defense: you let Steph shoot, you let another wide open shooter shoot, or you surrender lay-ups.

Curry's biggest advantage over LeBron is his presence on the court? LOL at Wailaui for actually agreeing with this bullshit.
Question, is it lebron receiving doubles at the three point line not even on screen actions but actually being met at the three point line by two defenders? Or is it lebron that's being allowed to catch the ball inside of 8 ft from the hoop in single coverage?
Thedictator
Legend

Post by Thedictator »

wailuaFC wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
wailuaFC wrote: Cool, relevancy? Maybe .1/10
the relevance is that Curry's best season doesn't even crack LeBron's top 10. He has a long way to go before we start ranking him ahead of LeBron.
We get it. Curry arguably had better stats than LeBron this year. LeBron is still the better offensive player, and he has proven that over the long haul.
The past has nothing to do with who is currently better.
How about the present?
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

wailuaFC wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:

Question, is it lebron receiving doubles at the three point line not even on screen actions but actually being met at the three point line by two defenders? Or is it lebron that's being allowed to catch the ball inside of 8 ft from the hoop in single coverage?
Please don't tell me you are going to STILL try and defend this preposterous position?

Just come clean...you were white knighting for your boy, and it made you look kind of bad. We all make mistakes. Don't compound yours.
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

rileymartin wrote:
wailuaFC wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

Please don't tell me you are going to STILL try and defend this preposterous position?

Just come clean...you were white knighting for your boy, and it made you look kind of bad. We all make mistakes. Don't compound yours.
Good job answering my question
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

Thedictator wrote:
wailuaFC wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
the relevance is that Curry's best season doesn't even crack LeBron's top 10. He has a long way to go before we start ranking him ahead of LeBron.
We get it. Curry arguably had better stats than LeBron this year. LeBron is still the better offensive player, and he has proven that over the long haul.
The past has nothing to do with who is currently better.
How about the present?
Lebron is playing much better then curry right now, obviously
Thedictator
Legend

Post by Thedictator »

wailuaFC wrote:
Thedictator wrote:
wailuaFC wrote: The past has nothing to do with who is currently better.
How about the present?
Wasn't so obvious to people in this thread earlier
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

wailuaFC wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
wailuaFC wrote: Question, is it lebron receiving doubles at the three point line not even on screen actions but actually being met at the three point line by two defenders? Or is it lebron that's being allowed to catch the ball inside of 8 ft from the hoop in single coverage?

Oh, now you DON'T like the ambiguity lol.

Stop it man, you are making yourself look even worse. We get it. You are on Madness's level...LeBron sucks, Curry is the best lol. Give it up.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

wailuaFC wrote:
Thedictator wrote:
How about the present?
Who is the better offensive player? Curry or LeBron?

Whose presence on the court is more impactful? Curry or LeBron?

Are you still in white knight mode, or are you going to tell the truth finally?
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

Thedictator wrote:
wailuaFC wrote:
Thedictator wrote:
How about the present?
When this thread was made curry was playing at a higher level, but lebron has really stepped it up
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

wailuaFC wrote:
Thedictator wrote:
How about the present?
Who is the better offensive player? Curry or LeBron?

Whose presence on the court is more impactful? Curry or LeBron?

Are you still in white knight mode, or are you going to tell the truth finally?
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

wailuaFC wrote:
Thedictator wrote:
wailuaFC wrote: Lebron is playing much better then curry right now, obviously
When this thread was made curry was playing at a higher level, but lebron has really stepped it up
Don't live in the moment so much kiddo. LeBron is a better offensive player than Curry, and that has never changed.
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

rileymartin wrote:
wailuaFC wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

Stop it man, you are making yourself look even worse. We get it. You are on Madness's level...LeBron sucks, Curry is the best lol. Give it up.
What ambiguity? Curry is being picked up by multiple players before he even crosses the three point line, lebron is being allowed to catch the ball in the post in single coverage (with a help defender dancing in the paint but it's not a hard double). Those just as much facts as it is that lebron is out playing curry by a large margin
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

wailuaFC wrote:
Thedictator wrote:
How about the present?
Hopefully your boy rtiff won't leave you hanging out to dry, and he will come in here and admit his homerish ways got the best of him.

He should return the white knighting favor.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

wailuaFC wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
wailuaFC wrote: Good job answering my question

What ambiguity? Curry is being picked up by multiple players before he even crosses the three point line, lebron is being allowed to catch the ball in the post in single coverage (with a help defender dancing in the paint but it's not a hard double). Those just as much facts as it is that lebron is out playing curry by a large margin
Who is the better offensive player, and who's presence is more impactful?
Thedictator
Legend

Post by Thedictator »

wailuaFC wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
wailuaFC wrote: Good job answering my question

Curry was single covered last night by dellavodova lol