my drunken weekday of fun... a story told for KUB ( the man who says its not fun being me )

Talk about anything here.
Lonzo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Re: my drunken weekday of fun... a story told for KUB ( the man who says its not fun being me )

Post by Lonzo_Ball »

Max. wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:I have a real question for anybody...why do people get drunk/buzzed to watch movies? I've never understood this. When I booze, it's usually in a social setting where there's interaction, jokes, stuff like that. I couldn't get a buzz and then sit quiet and still in a theatre to focus on a movie, seems like a waste.

Especially a movie like Dunkirk. That'd be the last type of movie I'd wanna watch while bent.

:noidea:
Depression. Alcoholism.

i swear. society has warped people to the point where they can't enjoy anything

when has a great story ever started with "i drank so much milk that day" aside from this i guess

lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Re: my drunken weekday of fun... a story told for KUB ( the man who says its not fun being me )

Post by lettherebehouse »

Lonzo_Ball wrote:
Max. wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:I have a real question for anybody...why do people get drunk/buzzed to watch movies? I've never understood this. When I booze, it's usually in a social setting where there's interaction, jokes, stuff like that. I couldn't get a buzz and then sit quiet and still in a theatre to focus on a movie, seems like a waste.

Especially a movie like Dunkirk. That'd be the last type of movie I'd wanna watch while bent.

Depression. Alcoholism.

when has a great story ever started with "i drank so much milk that day" aside from this i guess

Pay attention to the question I'm asking. Put your guard down there's no need to be defensive, it's a genuine question. I'm not knocking ppl who drink to enjoy certain activities, I do that plenty. But specifically, the last thing I'd wanna do with a good buzz, is waste it in a movie theatre watching a movie as serious as Dunkirk. You even said yourself, you knocked out 30 mins into the movie and completely ruined the movie watching experience.
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

"I assaulted someone with a pool stick because i need a weapon to fight a unarmed drunk and might go to jail as a result" is not a great story

"I got drunk and ate sushi and passed out at a movie" is not a great story

If this is what constitutes as entertaining adventures for you then kub was pretty spot on with the boring comment.
Last edited by Titan18 on Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lonzo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lonzo_Ball »

lettherebehouse wrote:
Lonzo_Ball wrote:
Max. wrote:
Depression. Alcoholism.

Pay attention to the question I'm asking. Put your guard down there's no need to be defensive, it's a genuine question. I'm not knocking ppl who drink to enjoy certain activities, I do that plenty. But specifically, the last thing I'd wanna do with a good buzz, is waste it in a movie theatre watching a movie as serious as Dunkirk. You even said yourself, you knocked out 30 mins into the movie and completely ruined the movie watching experience.

a movie alone = better sober

a movie with people = better drunk

who the fuck wants to sit with other people sober and do anything. unless its sports or some shit. otherwise alcohol improves any situation

dunkirk didn't even have a story. its just an entire movie built on action sequences... its basically mad max fury road
Lonzo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lonzo_Ball »

Titan18 wrote:"I assaulted someone with a pool stick because i need a weapon to fight a unarmed drunk and might go to jail as a result" is not a great story

"I got drunk and ate sushi and passed out at a movie" is not a great story

If this is what constitutes as entertaining adventures for you then kub was pretty spot on with the boring comment.

actually he was bigger than me. i was way more drunk. he was basically sober. i was outnumbered 2 to 1 at the time and in total 9 to 3 and i was defending myself from being robbed

and i don't tell stories based on their ability to sell a script to movie goers. theyre good because they have more substance/action than anything currently going on with most of the posters on here.

i could literally go outside and throw a football at a moving car and it would be more exciting than anything thats happened to kub over the past 19 years of his life

i have no competition. thats the point i'm trying to make.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Max. wrote:It's pretty funny the perception Griff has of himself. The delusion is strong in this one.
Pathetic people likje Griffmonkey typically don't have much self awareness.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

Max. wrote:It's pretty funny the perception Griff has of himself. The delusion is strong in this one.

Yeah, I'm trying to halfway understand it without being a dick, but WHOA. All I can say since I know he's being sincere, is WHOA!

Lonzo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lonzo_Ball »

lettherebehouse wrote:

Yeah, I'm trying to halfway understand it without being a dick, but WHOA. All I can say since I know he's being sincere, is WHOA!

gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

Last night I went and had a few brews at this arcade bar downtown. I ran the NFL Blitz machine for 2 hours. It was glorious. Still wish I had griff's life though.
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

I have drank in damn near every situation possible and I can confidently say that I will never drink and go to a movie again. It's just not fun and the last thing I want to do when I'm drunk.
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

Max. wrote:
gaskill15 wrote:Last night I went and had a few brews at this arcade bar downtown. I ran the NFL Blitz machine for 2 hours. It was glorious. Still wish I had griff's life though.
Nice. There's this nice old building a couple blocks from me. Someone bought it and turned into an arcade bar. Been meaning to check it out.
Damn lucky you. I'd be there every other night lol. I fuggin love arcade games. If they have Blitz, NBA Jam, Paperboy, and GOT Pinball I'll meet you there later tonight.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

gaskill15 wrote:
Max. wrote:
gaskill15 wrote:Last night I went and had a few brews at this arcade bar downtown. I ran the NFL Blitz machine for 2 hours. It was glorious. Still wish I had griff's life though.
Nice. There's this nice old building a couple blocks from me. Someone bought it and turned into an arcade bar. Been meaning to check it out.
Damn lucky you. I'd be there every other night lol. I fuggin love arcade games. If they have Blitz, NBA Jam, Paperboy, and GOT Pinball I'll meet you there later tonight.
Get me on the Galaga machine and I'm trouble...
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

Hopefully they were playing the Cubs game so you got a glimpse of Leater's massive dong.
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

Titan18 wrote:
Hopefully they were playing the Cubs game so you got a glimpse of Leater's massive dong.
They didn't but I used the highlight of his dong to finish up later on, if you know what I mean. ;)
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

Max. wrote:
gaskill15 wrote:
Max. wrote:
Beers are on me. We'll find you a nice Spartan woman and the rest is history.
Fuggit.. I'm desperate :|
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Madnessssss wrote:people with a beat up wife and shitty little kids tell themselves their lives are better now than when they were young and free to keep the suicidal thoughts in check
This is what lonely losers tell themselves to keep suicidal thoughts in check...
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

Max. wrote:
gaskill15 wrote:
Max. wrote:
Beers are on me. We'll find you a nice Spartan woman and the rest is history.
Fuggit.. I'm desperate :|
:stephena:

While I got you here. Can I save some time and book your for a week long avi bet for every MSU-Iowa game this fall/winter?
You had me at "While" :)

#FearAkrumGodley
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

So the OP met multiple wimmins, sealed the deal exactly zero times...

phpBB [video]
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
Lonzo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lonzo_Ball »

Shill Jackson wrote:So the OP met multiple wimmins, sealed the deal exactly zero times...

phpBB [video]

every time i hear an oingo boingo song i wonder how that dude ended up making shit like this

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

Max. wrote:
gaskill15 wrote:
Max. wrote:
:stephena:

While I got you here. Can I save some time and book your for a week long avi bet for every MSU-Iowa game this fall/winter?
You had me at "While" :)

#FearAkrumGodley
Oh shit! We open up B1G play against you guys in East Lansing. I'll be there.

And #FearMilesBridges
I might have to make the trip. I wanna hit all the B1G tailgating scenes.

So far I have:
Iowa
Illinois
Indiana
Northwestern

I have a long ways to go.