So Hellary avoided taxes just like Trump...

Talk about anything here.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Re: So Hellary avoided taxes just like Trump...

Post by Robceltsfan »

rileymartin wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:
So they did a study on the rich cheating on their taxes...but didn't prosecute based on their findings? Didn't audit those who cheated?

Either that article is complete bullshit, or you need to place your ire again on the government's complacency, and not the rich.
Why do you place your ire on the poor then?
Link?
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Robceltsfan wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:
So they did a study on the rich cheating on their taxes...but didn't prosecute based on their findings? Didn't audit those who cheated?

Either that article is complete bullshit, or you need to place your ire again on the government's complacency, and not the rich.
Why do you place your ire on the poor then?
Link?
No need...I am certainly not going to waste my time going through your threads...The way this thread went though, I don't blame you for trying to distance yourself from that stance now...

But, you said this..." it's because the rich people are LEGALLY finding "loopholes" to avoid paying taxes, and many times welfare kings and queens are ILLEGALLY abusing the system."
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

> Legal

> Illegal

Study those two terms.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

Robceltsfan wrote:

And these are tax hula hoops that were loopholed through during Clinton's presidency which his administration never chose to fix, and Obama's presidency which he has chosen to never fix.

The Administrations of "hope and change" y'all, with more incompetence headed your way in the form of Hillary Rodham.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:Back to where we began the run for the presidency.

Squawking about which of the top 1%ers cheat more... and about which of the bottom %15ers are cheating the most.

All while ignoring the fact that almost everybody here is in the middle 84% getting screwed both ways.

[Note: "Hey everybody, fight about this so you don't notice this, this, this, this, this and this."]
THIS....I agree with. People like Rob are still living under the fantasy that the more perks we give his boss, the more he is going to be rewarded down the road...
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

rileymartin wrote:

Squawking about which of the top 1%ers cheat more... and about which of the bottom %15ers are cheating the most.

All while ignoring the fact that almost everybody here is in the middle 84% getting screwed both ways.

[Note: "Hey everybody, fight about this so you don't notice this, this, this, this, this and this."]
THIS....I agree with. People like Rob are still living under the fantasy that the more perks we give his boss, the more he is going to be rewarded down the road...
I will be, but that doesn't mean you know the specifics behind my thoughts on the economy.

You're still howling at the moon.

~George Carlin~
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

lettherebehouse wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:

And these are tax hula hoops that were loopholed through during Clinton's presidency which his administration never chose to fix, and Obama's presidency which he has chosen to never fix.

The Administrations of "hope and change" y'all, with more incompetence headed your way in the form of Hillary Rodham.
You make it sound so easy, especially the way congress loves to work together to get things done for this country...Republicans and democrats get together all the time to sing Kumbya...
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

rileymartin wrote:

He/we are rewarded, indirectly. Large amounts of money in the hands of wealthy investors maintain stability in free markets, whereas large additional amounts of money getting to the IRS discourage investing/trade/overall commerce which ultimately drives an economy down when universally applied.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

lettherebehouse wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

He/we are rewarded, indirectly. Large amounts of money in the hands of wealthy investors maintain stability in free markets, whereas large additional amounts of money getting to the IRS discourage investing/trade/overall commerce which ultimately drives an economy down when universally applied.
Keep living the dream...
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

The business I work for/in relies heavily on a variety of economic factors. Specifically, the strength of the dollar, the state of the economy (mainly for the top 20%) and the gas & oil industry. My preferred state is a relatively weak dollar, a rich sector not afraid to spend/invest their money, and relatively high gas prices.

So yeah, specifically to me and my future, I don't particularly care about what the lower 15% is doing.

I want a flat tax, or at the very least a simplified code. I want a heavy consumption tax on "luxury" items (with a loose meaning for the term luxury). There's many ways to get tax money from the rich. Income isn't always the best way.

~George Carlin~
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

As Abe suggested, the rich are getting richer, and the middle class is disappearing...The trickle down effect isn't working because the wealthy are forgetting the trickle down part...
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

rileymartin wrote:As Abe suggested, the rich are getting richer, and the middle class is disappearing...The trickle down effect isn't working because the wealthy are forgetting the trickle down part...
The rich are going to continue getting richer no matter what (unless you're going to go to the crazy tax brackets of the post-Depression era). Bringing up the bottom 20% doesn't necessarily makes for a stronger middle class....it could mean bringing the middle class closer to poverty.

Both methods have been tried in this country. Both methods have brought about periods of good....and periods of bad. Both methods still kept the rich rich...and the poor poor.

~George Carlin~
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Robceltsfan wrote:
rileymartin wrote:As Abe suggested, the rich are getting richer, and the middle class is disappearing...The trickle down effect isn't working because the wealthy are forgetting the trickle down part...
The rich are going to continue getting richer no matter what (unless you're going to go to the crazy tax brackets of the post-Depression era). Bringing up the bottom 20% doesn't necessarily makes for a stronger middle class....it could mean bringing the middle class closer to poverty.

Both methods have been tried in this country. Both methods have brought about periods of good....and periods of bad. Both methods still kept the rich rich...and the poor poor.
The middle class is shrinking like never before...So, trying to explain it away as business as usual doesn't work. Just as Trump is exposing the "corrupt" political system, he is also exposing how the wealthy are exploiting and ripping off the country...
Bush4Ever
Board Alpha Male

Post by Bush4Ever »

The focus shouldn't be on whether or not the rich are getting richer, but rather *how* they are getting richer and the mechanisms by which it is taking place.

A rich person can get rich by serving his fellow man in a free market and end up rich and a rich person can get rich through corporatism and collusion with people and institutions that hold state power (think Halliburton), or get rich through fraud, and everything in between (or even in combination).

Focusing on mechanisms is better than focusing strictly on results, since there are plenty of immoral *and* moral ways to become rich.

That goes for individuals as well as classes of people.
Taking a break from the board. Please reference my last post for more details if you are interested.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Bush4Ever wrote:The focus shouldn't be on whether or not the rich are getting richer, but rather *how* they are getting richer and the mechanisms by which it is taking place.

A rich person can get rich by serving his fellow man in a free market and end up rich and a rich person can get rich through corporatism and collusion with people and institutions that hold state power (think Halliburton), or get rich through fraud, and everything in between (or even in combination).

Focusing on mechanisms is better than focusing strictly on results, since there are plenty of immoral *and* moral ways to become rich.

Well, no worries, Rob has assured us that most rich people are simply leagally taking advantage of loopholes...They only operate with integrity...
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

rileymartin wrote:
Bush4Ever wrote:The focus shouldn't be on whether or not the rich are getting richer, but rather *how* they are getting richer and the mechanisms by which it is taking place.

Well, no worries, Rob has assured us that most rich people are simply leagally taking advantage of loopholes...They only operate with integrity...
I'm done talking with you. You continually misquote me and try to "win" arguments by skewing statements and simply slandering the opponent.

In short, you're obtuse to a fault. You belong in politics.

~George Carlin~
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Robceltsfan wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

I'm done talking with you. You continually misquote me and try to "win" arguments by skewing statements and simply slandering the opponent.

"it's because the rich people are LEGALLY finding "loopholes" to avoid paying taxes, and many times welfare kings and queens are ILLEGALLY abusing the system."

Did you not say this?
ripper76
Accounts will be settled.

Post by ripper76 »

It's hardly a "loophole," it's tax law.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

rileymartin wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

"it's because the rich people are LEGALLY finding "loopholes" to avoid paying taxes, and many times welfare kings and queens are ILLEGALLY abusing the system."

Did you not say this?
Yes, and I said more. But you're only good for short soundbites. I'm not sure if it's a lack of attention span or what...but it's fairly annoying.

~George Carlin~
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Robceltsfan wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

That's pretty much the best practice for Riley, TDK and others after awhile. It becomes a paint-by-numbers thing that's pretty easy to spot. It all depends on how bored we are to keep it going or not...

It gets pretty obvious that they care less about the actual point and more about egging somebody along to entertain themselves.