Talk about anything here.
Repeat3peat
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Re: Curry is better than Lebron ever was

Post by Repeat3peat »

rileymartin wrote:
Repeat3peat wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
Thank you for showing everyone the size of your pea brain kiddo lol. LeBron has destroyed you and the rest of the Bulltards. Shit still stings don't it lol?

Not really....Been saying all year the Bulls were too flawed and had a "Punchers chance" to reach the finals at best.

keep trying to avoid the facts and deflecting your FSU destruction though kidddo.
Who is deflecting anything? FSU lost. Big deal, what does that have to do with the fact that LeBron makes you have your period?

LOL at this kid saying I am deflecting, and then brings up the Seminoles in a thread about Curry and LeBron lol.

After you brought up the Bulls in a thread about Bronze and Curry

:biggums:

rofl
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

rileymartin wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
We can't have an intelligent discussion because you are not being realistic. Curry had a PER of 28, LeBron's was 26. I got no problem with you saying that THIS YEAR you could argue Curry was better offensively, but to simply proclaim that as a given going foward is just ridiculous.

One thing I know for sure, Curry will NEVER touch LeBron's offensive prowess that he had over the last 10 years before this season.
When did I proclaim it as a "given going forward?"

This has nothing to do with me being unrealistic and everything to do with you stating and reaffirming falsehoods ("LeBron's stats are better" followed by "the stats are close") while also creating straw men left and right ("LeBron has achieved way more offensively over his career than Curry," "it's a given going forward that Curry will always be offensively better than LeBron," etc.).

"One could reasonably argue that Curry is currently a better offensive player than LeBron." That was the statement.
That last statement is actually misleading. The only thing one could "reasonably" say is that Curry may have had a better offensive season THIS YEAR.

The reality is, LeBron's had had 10 seasons in which he BLOWS away Curry's best season, and, he had had 10 seasons in which Curry will NEVER match.
You can write off LeBron if you want to. He is still the best player in the NBA, he is still better than Curry, and one season doesn't change that.
What in God's name is misleading about it? How much more clear could that statement possibly be? Here it is again:

"One could reasonably argue that Curry is currently a better offensive player than LeBron."

...and after calling you out for creating straw men twice, you decide to create another one?

"You can write off LeBron if you want to..."

When the fuck did I say anything that would you lead you to believe that I am writing off LeBron James? What the fuck are you even talking about?
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

rtiff68 wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
When did I proclaim it as a "given going forward?"

This has nothing to do with me being unrealistic and everything to do with you stating and reaffirming falsehoods ("LeBron's stats are better" followed by "the stats are close") while also creating straw men left and right ("LeBron has achieved way more offensively over his career than Curry," "it's a given going forward that Curry will always be offensively better than LeBron," etc.).

"One could reasonably argue that Curry is currently a better offensive player than LeBron." That was the statement.
That last statement is actually misleading. The only thing one could "reasonably" say is that Curry may have had a better offensive season THIS YEAR.

The reality is, LeBron's had had 10 seasons in which he BLOWS away Curry's best season, and, he had had 10 seasons in which Curry will NEVER match.
You can write off LeBron if you want to. He is still the best player in the NBA, he is still better than Curry, and one season doesn't change that.
What in God's name is misleading about it? How much more clear could that statement possibly be? Here it is again:

"One could reasonably argue that Curry is currently a better offensive player than LeBron."

...and after calling you out for creating straw men twice, you decide to create another one?

When the fuck did I say anything that would you lead you to believe that I am writing off LeBron James? What the fuck are you even talking about?
Saying that Curry is currently a better offensive player than LeBron is simply not true. He had a better season statistically, but one season doesnt make facts.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Repeat3peat wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
Repeat3peat wrote:

Not really....Been saying all year the Bulls were too flawed and had a "Punchers chance" to reach the finals at best.

keep trying to avoid the facts and deflecting your FSU destruction though kidddo.
Who is deflecting anything? FSU lost. Big deal, what does that have to do with the fact that LeBron makes you have your period?

LOL at this kid saying I am deflecting, and then brings up the Seminoles in a thread about Curry and LeBron lol.

rofl
Wrong kiddo, I was simply mocking you and the Bulls because of the clear destruction LeBron has done to your psyche and opinions lol.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

Curry might end up being better than LeBron but as of right now? LeBron is the better player.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

elmouse03 wrote:Curry might end up being better than LeBron but as of right now? LeBron is the better player.
And what percentage do you give that Curry will end up being the better player lol?

Curry is well into his prime, and he has yet to put up even 1 season that is better than at least 10 of LeBron's seasons.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

rileymartin wrote:
elmouse03 wrote:Curry might end up being better than LeBron but as of right now? LeBron is the better player.
And what percentage do you give that Curry will end up being the better player lol?

Curry is well into his prime, and he has yet to put up even 1 season that is better than at least 10 of LeBron's seasons.

It's a big might but it's not like it can't happen.
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

rileymartin wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

Saying that Curry is currently a better offensive player than LeBron is simply not true. He had a better season statistically, but one season doesnt make facts.
In your opinion. And, if you remember correctly, I said " a reasonable argument could be made," which is a far cry from "it's a lock."

Curry was better statistically (thank you for finally admitting that), and one could reasonably argue he's the better offensive player. It's debatable. You can make a strong argument for LeBron, you can make a strong argument for Steph.

Also, let's not pretend like Curry is a flash in the pan this season. He broke his own NBA record for made 3's while shooting an outstanding .443 from deep, and he's finished 6th in assists two years in a row...while also serving as his team's primary ball handler, distributor, and scorer.

Like I've been saying the entire thread, LeBron is the best player in the game, but one could argue that Curry is currently the better offensive player. That is all.
Repeat3peat

Post by Repeat3peat »

rileymartin wrote:
Repeat3peat wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

rofl
Wrong kiddo, I was simply mocking you and the Bulls because of the clear destruction LeBron has done to your psyche and opinions lol.

Wrong...I say the same(and am right BTW) about the flopping coddled manufactured James Harden and others, Bronze is just the poster "boy"....nothing to do with the Bulls ineptitude.

try again kiddo.....you are looking a lot like a rented mule up in here.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Repeat3peat wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
Repeat3peat wrote:

rofl

Wrong...I say the same(and am right BTW) about the flopping coddled manufactured James Harden and others, Bronze is just the poster "boy"....nothing to do with the Bulls ineptitude.

Your opinion has been formed based on the severity of destruction LeBron has unleashed on your favorite team. Even now, instead of simply accepting reality, your pain has caused you to hallucinate. LeBron dominates because he is the best. You can snivel about the officiating all you want kiddo, but your sniffles won't change the facts.
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

rileymartin wrote:

I don't think Curry will ever be as good as LeBron, but again...exaggerations and falsehoods.

"Curry is well into his prime."

Curry is currently playing in his 6th NBA season and just turned 27 years old.

When LeBron finished his first 6th NBA season, he won his first MVP, and he had zero championships.

I also think it's pretty safe to say that Curry's game will age well (health permitting), as he does not rely upon superior size and/or athleticism to play his best ball.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

rtiff68 wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:

In your opinion. And, if you remember correctly, I said " a reasonable argument could be made," which is a far cry from "it's a lock."

Curry was better statistically (thank you for finally admitting that), and one could reasonably argue he's the better offensive player. It's debatable. You can make a strong argument for LeBron, you can make a strong argument for Steph.

Also, let's not pretend like Curry is a flash in the pan this season. He broke his own NBA record for made 3's while shooting an outstanding .443 from deep, and he's finished 6th in assists two years in a row...while also serving as his team's primary ball handler, distributor, and scorer.

Like I've been saying the entire thread, LeBron is the best player in the game, but one could argue that Curry is currently the better offensive player. That is all.
Again, I have always mantained the Curry is a better 3 point shooter.

Curry's greatest season would rank 11th behind 10 of LeBron's season. He isn't a flash in the pan, but he is no LeBron either.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

rtiff68 wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

I don't think Curry will ever be as good as LeBron, but again...exaggerations and falsehoods.

When LeBron finished his first 6th NBA season, he won his first MVP, and he had zero championships.

I also think it's pretty safe to say that Curry's game will age well (health permitting), as he does not rely upon superior size and/or athleticism to play his best ball.
Hmmm, I wonder what type of numbers LeBron was putting up in his sixth season, or when he was 27 years old.
Bartman
Hall of Famer

Post by Bartman »

It's been proven in this thread that rtiff is the hugest homer on this board
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

rtiff68 wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

I have a very simple question for you. Do you think that Curry's season this year would crack any of LeBron's top 10 seasons?
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

rileymartin wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

I have a very simple question for you. Do you think that Curry's season this year would crack any of LeBron's top 10 seasons?
That's not what he's arguing, that's never been in question. Why do you keep trying to bring this up when it has zero relevance of who is currently a better offensive player?
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

wailuaFC wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:

That's not what he's arguing, that's never been in question. Why do you keep trying to bring this up when it has zero relevance of who is currently a better offensive player?
It is quite relevant. Saying that Curry had better stats this season, and saying he is currently better offensively is 2 different things.
LeBron is still better than Curry despite what the stats say.
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

rileymartin wrote:
rtiff68 wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

Again, I have always mantained the Curry is a better 3 point shooter.

Curry's greatest season would rank 11th behind 10 of LeBron's season. He isn't a flash in the pan, but he is no LeBron either.
He's the better the 3pt shooter, the better shooter overall, the better ball handler (you've conveniently avoided this), and arguably the better passer (the numbers the past two seasons say Curry is better definitively, you claim "it isn't close" based upon your eyeball test).

Ironically enough, the area where you discounted Curry the most (attention by opposing defenses) is actually the area where I consider Curry to have the biggest advantage. Like I said earlier, when you're playing a team with LeBron James, the plan is to pack it in and force him to shoot jump shots. When Curry is one the floor, the defense is stretched out to half court, which creates all kinds of looks/opportunities for Steph's teammates. The Warriors were 4th in points in the paint this past year not because they have a back to the basket big who can score on the block consistently, or because they have a perimeter player who is an elite finisher; rather, they have a guy who spreads the defense so thin, that slashing wings end up with wide open lay-ups off of cuts.

You pick your poison as a defense: you let Steph shoot, you let another wide open shooter shoot, or you surrender lay-ups.
Repeat3peat

Post by Repeat3peat »

rileymartin wrote:
Repeat3peat wrote:
rileymartin wrote:

Your opinion has been formed based on the severity of destruction LeBron has unleashed on your favorite team. Even now, instead of simply accepting reality, your pain has caused you to hallucinate. LeBron dominates because he is the best. You can snivel about the officiating all you want kiddo, but your sniffles won't change the facts.
And neither will your deflections or innuendo

LeManufactured like no other

walk it off.....trying to watch the Cubs fat boy.

:gtfo:
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

rileymartin wrote:
wailuaFC wrote:
rileymartin wrote:
It is quite relevant. Saying that Curry had better stats this season, and saying he is currently better offensively is 2 different things.
LeBron is still better than Curry despite what the stats say.
1) he said it could be argued that curry was better and it could be argued that lebron is, that is factually true.
2) saying curry had better stats is factually true.
3) lebrons past play has zero relevance with his current play

This has all been laid out many many times for you