Lakers trying to trade for Love, u mad ?

Talk about anything here.
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Re: Lakers trying to trade for Love, u mad ?

Post by wailuaFC »

chiefdodgerslakers24 wrote:
wailuaFC wrote:A bit mad. Why would the lakers trade their first round pick for him when its well known he will sign with us?
They can't. The pick isn't tradable because the Lakers traded their 2013 first round pick and 2015 first round pick and you can't trade picks in consecutive years. Lakers would have to acquire other assets in a separate deal or do a 3 way to make it work.
Interesting, I did not know that
Jims_Doors
Role Player

Post by Jims_Doors »

wailuaFC wrote:A bit mad. Why would the lakers trade their first round pick for him when its well known he will sign with us?
I remember Lakers fans were saying the same about Paul George.

Since LA has already traded their 2015 1st round pick to PHX, under the new CBA, teams are not allowed to trade 1st rounders in consecutive years. Only allowed if the deal swaps first rounders for that year.
chiefdodgerslakers24
All-Star

Post by chiefdodgerslakers24 »

swampgator wrote:A little OT, but what about this year's draft. Do the Lakers take a pg, say Exum, if available, or continue the course with Marshall and take the best pick on the board?
Take the BPA, whether it is Exum or not.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

swampgator wrote:A little OT, but what about this year's draft. Do the Lakers take a pg, say Exum, if available, or continue the course with Marshall and take the best pick on the board?
I think they'll take whoever they feel is the best available player, regardless of position.
FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

chiefdodgerslakers24 wrote:
They can't. The pick isn't tradable because the Lakers traded their 2013 first round pick and 2015 first round pick and you can't trade picks in consecutive years. Lakers would have to acquire other assets in a separate deal or do a 3 way to make it work.
Correct. The one exception would be if they swap picks as part of the trade.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

kobeunderbite wrote:
thedangerouskitchen wrote:
kobeunderbite wrote:
Can you please list two realistic examples of better offers that Minnesota can hope to receive ? From teams that would actually propose these deals, and wouldn't be turned off by the thought that Love wouldn't re-sign to play in their market ?

Thank you.

No, you're right underbite... a broken down Pau Gasol and a first round pick is the best offer out there I'm sure

:roll:

Kobe Kids still delusional as ever.

Plus, what makes you think Love re-signs with the Lakers when they are poised to be a lottery team themselves for the next several years?? If that's the case Love is better off taking the money and staying in Minnesota.

The over-abundance of reports stating that Love would like to play for the Lakers may or may not have had something to do with it. I don't know. I guess you probably know better.

Thank you for listing those trade offers. Clearly, the notion that a "broken down" Gasol and a lottery pick being the best offer MIN could receive is a silly one. That must be why it was so easy for you to list those trade scenarios. Again, thanks.

Over-abundance?

Really?

:lol:

Anyway, all I'm saying is it's MY OPINION that there are teams who can / will offer a better package than the Lakers. Who and what those trades might be I don't know because I'm not a GM.

What I do know is that Love wants to play for a WINNER... and the Lakers are destined for the lottery for the next several years with OR without him.

But you keep the faith little buddy, and we'll see what happens.

BTW... Love is very good friends with Derrick Rose. The Bulls or the Lakers for the next 5+ years...???

Hmmm... no-brainer if you ask me.

Welcome to Chicago, Mr. Love...!!

Last edited by thedangerouskitchen on Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Jims_Doors wrote:

Since LA has already traded their 2015 1st round pick to PHX, under the new CBA, teams are not allowed to trade 1st rounders in consecutive years. Only allowed if the deal swaps first rounders for that year.

Ouuuch... so that means Kevin Love for a broken-down Pau Gasol is the BEST trade scenario out there for the T'Wolves to consider, eh underbite?

"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

kobeunderbite wrote:

No, you're right underbite... a broken down Pau Gasol and a first round pick is the best offer out there I'm sure

:roll:

Kobe Kids still delusional as ever.

Plus, what makes you think Love re-signs with the Lakers when they are poised to be a lottery team themselves for the next several years?? If that's the case Love is better off taking the money and staying in Minnesota.

The over-abundance of reports stating that Love would like to play for the Lakers may or may not have had something to do with it. I don't know. I guess you probably know better.

Thank you for listing those trade offers. Clearly, the notion that a "broken down" Gasol and a lottery pick being the best offer MIN could receive is a silly one. That must be why it was so easy for you to list those trade scenarios. Again, thanks.

Over-abundance?

Really?

Anyway, all I'm saying is it's MY OPINION that there are teams who can / will offer a better package than the Lakers. Who and what those trades might be I don't know because I'm not a GM.

What I do know is that Love wants to play for a WINNER... and the Lakers are destined for the lottery for the next several years with OR without him.

BTW... Love is very good friends with Derrick Rose. The Bulls or the Lakers for the next 5+ years...???

Hmmm... no-brainer is you ask me.

So, you say that there are better deals available... but you can't even hazard a guess at one? Or a more suitable trade partner? Interesting.

You're totally right, there have not been a lot of reports linking Love to the Lakers in recent memory. In fact, I don't even know if anyone else has made this connection. You seem very in touch with the NBA, and with Kevin Love in particular.

Good for you.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

Jims_Doors wrote:

Ouuuch... so that means Kevin Love for a broken-down Pau Gasol is the BEST trade scenario out there for the T'Wolves to consider, eh underbite?

Is this new information to you? Can you name a more attractive trade partner that Love would realistically re-sign with?
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

kobeunderbite wrote:
kobeunderbite wrote:

Over-abundance?

Really?

So, you say that there are better deals available... but you can't even hazard a guess at one? Or a more suitable trade partner? Interesting.

You're totally right, there have not been a lot of reports linking Love to the Lakers in recent memory. In fact, I don't even know if anyone else has made this connection. You seem very in touch with the NBA, and with Kevin Love in particular.

Good for you.

Dude... you didn't even know the Lakers couldn't offer their pick in a trade so just admit you're doing nothing but blowing hot air.

Gasol for Love ain't happening, bud... deal with it.

kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

kobeunderbite wrote:

Over-abundance?

Really?

Good for you.

Dude... you didn't even know the Lakers couldn't offer their pick in a trade so just admit you're doing nothing but blowing hot air.

Did you read my post on p.1 where I talk about not wanting the Lakers to make this trade ?
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

kobeunderbite wrote:
kobeunderbite wrote:

Good for you.

Did you read my post on p.1 where I talk about not wanting the Lakers to make this trade ?

Of course... you don't want the Lakers to make that trade (as if it would ever happen anyway), and that's because you think Love is signing with the lottery Lakers as a FA.

But again, he wants to WIN... so why on earth would he want to join the Lakers?

kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

kobeunderbite wrote:

Of course... you don't want the Lakers to make that trade (as if it would ever happen anyway), and that's because you think Love is signing with the lottery Lakers as a FA.

I don't know. He probably doesn't think that they're capable of attracting any more talent, or that the lottery pick would become a good player. I mean, the Lakers are obviously going to be bad for a very long time.

Those reports of Love wanting to sign with the Lakers are either incorrect, or non-existent.

You're a pretty smart guy.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

kobeunderbite wrote:
kobeunderbite wrote:

I don't know. He probably doesn't think that they're capable of attracting any more talent, or that the lottery pick would become a good player. I mean, the Lakers are obviously going to be bad for a very long time.

Those reports of Love wanting to sign with the Lakers are either incorrect, or non-existent.

So you're saying Love really doesn't care about winning then, right... or do you think Love and one other decent FA is enough to turn the Lakers into a legit Championship contender?

Also... do you have a link to all these different report"S" you keep citing (emphasis on the plural)?

kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

kobeunderbite wrote:

So you're saying Love really doesn't care about winning then, right... or do you think Love and one other decent FA is enough to turn the Lakers into a legit Championship contender?

Also... do you have a link to all these different report"S" you keep citing (emphasis on the plural)?
You're more than welcome to look up 'Kevin Love Lakers' on google.com. There are many links. Here is a sample:

"NBA GM says '100 percent certainty' Kevin Love lands with Lakers"
http://www.examiner.com/article/lakers- ... ith-lakers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think that Love, another FA, a top-5 lottery pick, and more would certainly turn the Lakers into contenders.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

"NBA Executive on Kevin Love: 'Everyone Knows He Wants to Go to the Lakers'"
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/writer/ken ... hard-place" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LookAway
All-Time Great

Post by LookAway »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:Lakers may end up with Love. But what do they have to offer in a trade?

Gasol and a 1st rd pick isn't enough.
First round picks are the gold emblem now. Teams want the opportunity to pick their own superstars on the cheap. It is like a coupon for future talent. Having said that, I think a first rounder is too much for Love, at least a first this year
LookAway
All-Time Great

Post by LookAway »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Fartsmello Anthony wrote:Think it's funny that Laker fans just assume he'll hit the free agent market and be theirs. This isn't your daddy's Lakers who get whoever they want whenever they want. There's also other teams inquiring about Love's services.

The Celtics have been rumored to have offered a package involving a combination of Jeff Green, Avery Bradley, Jared Sullinger, Brandon Bass, and their first rounder this year (which is probably a top five just like the Lakers).

But with shorter contract lengths... star players are looking at resigning sooner and sooner. So a team trading for a guy like Love is at risk of losing him really quickly.

For the life of me (I know Grizz for one disagrees with me on this), I don't see how the NBA's new CBA helps improve parity around the league (which is what we were told over and over and over again for a very long time).

The players have MORE control. And the marquee markets have more clout. We were suckered all along... but nobody really cares. It's expected at this point.

[Note: I called this when the lockout was still going on.]
Why because they have shorter contracts or they have to become free agents in order to get more money. They opt out then resign with their old team for an extra year. The only free agent that didn't do that was Dwight and he eats lead chips
LookAway
All-Time Great

Post by LookAway »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

I just read that there's no financial incentive for Love to take the extension. So, if true... another glaring example how NBA fans were bamboozled by the last lockout.
Would Minny be able to offer him more than any other team... or is this the case of Love wanting to move to a more attractive market? Either way it sucks for you guys if you lose a player like Love for a broken-down Gasol and a first round pick. That being said, I still think other teams can offer much more in return (in a trade).

As I said during the lockout... the disparity between what a "hometown" team can offer a max guy and what he can get in a preferred location is not enough to convince most guys to stay unless the situation is perfect.

For most, they can leave without blinking... and without much criticism if they handle it right.

And there's always the dreaded sign-and-trade. Eventually, the league will correct the imbalance... but they aren't at that point now. The league is more popular than ever and it's become customary to simply shrug at 15 or so teams who face a distinct disadvantage every year.
What are these teams with the disadvantage. The Minneys of the league keep getting lottery picks and do not know how to build a contender. There needs to be a bidding war for guys like Jerry West, Brian Colangelo and Pat Riley, instead of worrying about Kevin Love. The Wolves of the league fail because of bad leadership.
LookAway
All-Time Great

Post by LookAway »

Always the best pick on the board. It's the Jordan rule IMHO