Trophies comparison (Duncan, Jordan, Kobe, LeBron)

Talk about anything here.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Re: Trophies comparison (Duncan, Jordan, Kobe, LeBron)

Post by Robceltsfan »

Madnessssss wrote:Kobe > durant > lebron

When their respective careers are over, that's how they will be ranked. Rightfully so.

And yeah, if fg% is important, than Deandre Jordan is one of the best scorers in the game.

Your signature defines YOU perfectly.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
Bush4Ever
Board Alpha Male

Post by Bush4Ever »

Anyone who thinks Kobe is an equal or superior scorer to Durant is an idiot. They aren't even close.

As a scorer, Durant is pretty much matched by Jordan and no one else in the modern era (amongst wings).
Taking a break from the board. Please reference my last post for more details if you are interested.
LookAway
All-Time Great

Post by LookAway »

lettherebehouse wrote:Was Bill Russell's trophy count omitted from that graphic for the reason I think it was?
Doesn't prove MJ wasn't the best. Everyone uses rings to say that
876Stephen
Fantasy Football Champ

Post by 876Stephen »

Madnessssss wrote:
876Stephen wrote:

When their respective careers are over, that's how they will be ranked. Rightfully so.

And yeah, if fg% is important, than Deandre Jordan is one of the best scorers in the game.
It's important when discussing Durant and Kobe. Durant shoots a lot more then Deandre and nearly as much as Kobe in terms of career shooting. Yet KD dominates Kobe in all efficiency categories. What does that tell you?
Durant comes from the school of lebron. Never shoots well contested shots. For Kobe's whole career, when the shot clock is low, he gets dumped with the ball and takes well contested shots. He makes a lot of them. 5 rings tells me it's better to have a player that can take and make tough shots, than a player who just defer to protect their fg%.
We've seen Durant take and make many "tough shots". The fact is, Durant has a "point guard" that never does a good job of setting up the offense. Plus Durant sacrifices for the team, much more than Kobe ever has. If Durant wanted to jack up 30 shote per game like does and did, he could easily do that. It would hurt his team, but he could still do it.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Madnessssss wrote:
876Stephen wrote:

It's important when discussing Durant and Kobe. Durant shoots a lot more then Deandre and nearly as much as Kobe in terms of career shooting. Yet KD dominates Kobe in all efficiency categories. What does that tell you?
Durant comes from the school of lebron. Never shoots well contested shots. For Kobe's whole career, when the shot clock is low, he gets dumped with the ball and takes well contested shots. He makes a lot of them. 5 rings tells me it's better to have a player that can take and make tough shots, than a player who just defer to protect their fg%.

Typical Kobe fan. Stupid, "high difficulty" shots > smart, higher percentage shots. And you worship him because he did these acrobatic, triple teamed shots.

Those first three rings of Kobe's were due in large part to the high percentage beast they had at the center position.

And LOL @ "he makes a lot of them". I'd like to see your proof of this. I'd bet his end-of-the-shot-clock-shitty-shot-selection shooting percentage is less than 30% for his career. Feel free to prove me otherwise.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

876Stephen wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:
876Stephen wrote:
Basicall what your saying is that Kobe was more exciting. He was more of a highlight reel scorer. That's fair and very true. Kobe was one of the most exciting players i've ever seen to grace a basketball court. That doesn't make him a better scorer then Durant. Kobe has always been a volume scorer which is why he has such high point per game totals.

What I'm saying, is that there are things on the court that Kobe can do, that Durant can't. And that there isn't anything Durant can do on the court, that Kobe can't. If we're grading on efficiency while punishing one over the other based on volume, then you might as well declare Bo Outlaw as one of the greatest scorers the game has ever seen with his fancy ass 58% career FG percentage.
KD can score just as many points as Kobe on a higher efficiency. Look at their career numbers and you will see this is the case. And BTW what can Kobe do that Durant can't? I know Kobe is very good in clutch moments but Durant is also good in the clutch as well, when he gets the ball.
I already told you what Kobe does better. He's probably the best perimeter player ever at beating double teams whether he does his patented spin baseline away from the double slightly falling away (something he's taught Klay Thompson very well), or with deceptive ball handling and baiting defenders into a position he can split and exploit for an easy floater in the lane or 'and 1'. You keep going back to the efficiency argument, an argument I've already conceded to you.
876Stephen
Fantasy Football Champ

Post by 876Stephen »

lettherebehouse wrote:
876Stephen wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:

What I'm saying, is that there are things on the court that Kobe can do, that Durant can't. And that there isn't anything Durant can do on the court, that Kobe can't. If we're grading on efficiency while punishing one over the other based on volume, then you might as well declare Bo Outlaw as one of the greatest scorers the game has ever seen with his fancy ass 58% career FG percentage.
KD can score just as many points as Kobe on a higher efficiency. Look at their career numbers and you will see this is the case. And BTW what can Kobe do that Durant can't? I know Kobe is very good in clutch moments but Durant is also good in the clutch as well, when he gets the ball.
I already told you what Kobe does better. He's probably the best perimeter player ever at beating double teams whether he does his patented spin baseline away from the double slightly falling away (something he's taught Klay Thompson very well), or with deceptive ball handling and baiting defenders into a position he can split and exploit for an easy floater in the lane or 'and 1'. You keep going back to the efficiency argument, an argument I've already conceded to you.
Kobe is a better ball handler, i will give you that. Durant tends to pass out of double teams to get his teammates open looks while Kobe always looked to shoot. Kobe is slightly better at getting to the rim and finishing i guess.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

876Stephen wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:
876Stephen wrote:
Kobe is a better ball handler, i will give you that. Durant tends to pass out of double teams to get his teammates open looks while Kobe always looked to shoot. Kobe is slightly better at getting to the rim and finishing i guess.
"Slightly better at getting to the rim"

lmao
Bush4Ever
Board Alpha Male

Post by Bush4Ever »

I love how Kobe's "mad skillz" (almost always unquantified) end up at a place of significantly lower efficiency than the players he is routinely compared against (Jordan, Lebron, Durant).

No one gives a shit about "skills" except as they relate to output.

If they don't correspond to a positive output no one cares, nor should they.

Million dollar move, 10 cent finish. Ever hear that one?
Taking a break from the board. Please reference my last post for more details if you are interested.
876Stephen
Fantasy Football Champ

Post by 876Stephen »

Bump, for the Kobe Kids.
l3bron
Reigning WIS Champion

Post by l3bron »

Kobe Kids got absolutely #rekt ITT.
Come at the King, you best not miss.
876Stephen
Fantasy Football Champ

Post by 876Stephen »

l3bron wrote:Kobe Kids got absolutely #rekt ITT.
:underbite:

:bird:
Master Spade
Hall of Famer

Post by Master Spade »

Madnessssss wrote:
876Stephen wrote:
Bush4Ever wrote:
I thumbsed this up, but I think Lebron has a small amount of work to do to pass Kobe on a legacy/resume type front.

5 rings to 2 rings is a big difference, and all the other hardware/statistical differences aren't enough to overcome that difference at this point IMO.
Lebron same amount of led dog rings and 3 more regular season mvp's
Kobe's other 3 rings don't count for 0. Kobe had a solid team for his lead dog rings. Lebron needed the most stacked team in the nba.

Lebron has more finals losses than Kobe in fewer finals appearances. Sad.

That is True, Very True! But, exactly how much do they count? I've asked this question before, but no one has answered it:

How many Rings as the 2nd Best Player on a Team equal 1 as "Lead Dog"??

How much do Rings count for the 2nd Best Player on the Team?

Do 2 "Robin" Titles = 1 as "Lead Dog"?
How about 3 = 1? 4=1?

I ask because this site didn't even vote Pippen into the Top 25 in the GOAT list!! And he has 6 Titles!!!! Yet even with all those titles, This board gives him ZERO credit. The only time his titles seem to count, is when the kids/Haters try to bring Jordan down! lol!!!
I would rather DIE Standing on my Feet, than Live Life on my Knees!!
Kennethgriffin
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Kennethgriffin »

its stupid to look at all 3 trophies without context

for instance.

duncans 1999 title = bullshit lockout season

duncans 2014 title = paycut rigging, a lesser player than parker/kawhi?

duncans 2005 title = ginobili real finals mvp ( 20ppg on 60%, duncan 20ppg on 40% )

duncans 2007 title = a lesser player than parker?

lebrons 2012 title = bullshit lockout season, paycut rigging, colluding, ring chasing

lebrons 2013 title = bullshit bailout ray allen shot, paycut rigging, colluding, ring chasing

now what can you say about kobe

2009 title = hakeem 94 esq ( won without another true NBA hall of famer, gasol might make it via spanish resume. 3rd,4th,5th best players were jordan farmar/sasha/fish etc..

2010 title = ditto

2001 playoffs = 29/7/6 ( so what if he wasnt better than prime shaq. is that a big insult? )

2002 playoffs = 27/6/5 ( ditto )

all you can really hate on is 2000, in which he saved the season in game 7 of the WCF vs portland. getting like 25/11/7/4

and as far as season mvps go. kobe is public enemy #1 to the media. its a media popularity contest. and theres a reason media favorite steve nash has more mvps than controversial guys like kobe/shaq etc..

so with context ... kobe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Duncan/ lebron

jordan is the only guy with a legit case over kobe out of that 4
876Stephen
Fantasy Football Champ

Post by 876Stephen »

Kennethgriffin wrote:its stupid to look at all 3 trophies without context

for instance.

duncans 2005 title = ginobili real finals mvp ( 20ppg on 60%, duncan 20ppg on 40% )

lebrons 2012 title = bullshit lockout season, paycut rigging, colluding, ring chasing

lebrons 2013 title = bullshit bailout ray allen shot, paycut rigging, colluding, ring chasing

2009 title = hakeem 94 esq ( won without another true NBA hall of famer, gasol might make it via spanish resume. 3rd,4th,5th best players were jordan farmar/sasha/fish etc..

2010 title = ditto

2001 playoffs = 29/7/6 ( so what if he wasnt better than prime shaq. is that a big insult? )

all you can really hate on is 2000, in which he saved the season in game 7 of the WCF vs portland. getting like 25/11/7/4

and as far as season mvps go. kobe is public enemy #1 to the media. its a media popularity contest. and theres a reason media favorite steve nash has more mvps than controversial guys like kobe/shaq/hakeem etc..

Kennethgriffin
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Kennethgriffin »

honest question. would kobe ever be outperformed by a team mate on the level of a gino/parker/kawhi?
Master Spade
Hall of Famer

Post by Master Spade »

for instance.

2010 title = ditto

and as far as season mvps go. kobe is public enemy #1 to the media. its a media popularity contest. and theres a reason media favorite steve nash has more mvps than controversial guys like kobe/shaq etc..

lol!!! We get it, everybody but koME SUCKS!!! lol!!!

Only his accomplishments count. lol!!

:laugh3: :laugh3:
:lol:
Master Spade
Hall of Famer

Post by Master Spade »

Kennethgriffin wrote:honest question. would kobe ever be outperformed by a team mate on the level of a gino/parker/kawhi?

Those players would've never reached their peak with that Ball hog!!

They would've gotten more Rebounds though!!

CHUCKER!!!!

:lol: :lol:
876Stephen
Fantasy Football Champ

Post by 876Stephen »

Kennethgriffin wrote:honest question. would kobe ever be outperformed by a team mate on the level of a gino/parker/kawhi?
Only time Duncan was ever outperformed in a finals was by Kawhi in 2014. Every other finals he was by far the best and most important player on the Spurs.

This is the last time I ever respond to your garbage.
Kennethgriffin
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Kennethgriffin »

Master Spade wrote:

for instance.

2010 title = ditto

lol!!! We get it, everybody but koME SUCKS!!! lol!!!

Only his accomplishments count. lol!!

:laugh3: :laugh3:
:lol:

kome eh?

all time leader in assists among 30,000 point club

like 3-4 playoff games from moving into 4th all time in playoff assists

lead 5 world championship teams in assists ( 3rd most successful #1 playmaker in nba history )