Talk about anything here.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Re: Lebron shitting the bed again

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 11:46 pm
Deez wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 11:21 pm
_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 10:55 pm

The 24 team has pretty damn good paint defenders Deez. Just saying. Embiid, Bam and Anthony Davis. Scoring in the paint might not be as easy as you think. Ewing wasn't that great deep in the paint either. Just saying.

The game has just evolved. Those guys on the original Dream team are/were amazing. It's not a knock on them. They were just born too soon.
Barkley and Malone will be eating their cake too fast n the post.
The 92 Dream Team would terrorize the 2024 team from 20 feet in. Guys like Bam, Embiid and AD don't have to defend highly-skilled Offensive-minded 7-footers in/around the paint for 48 minutes a night in today's league... Robinson and Ewing would abuse them. Hell, Embiid would likely twist a knee early on and miss the majority of the game trying to keep up with the Admiral. Malone and Barkley would bully their man in the post and make them cry... imagine LeFraud trying to defend prime Barkley or Malone. LOLOL. The 92 team had dominating post, paint and mid-range players, and elite long-range shooters like Bird and Mullin... GOAT level Playmakers in Magic and Stockton, GOAT level perimeter Defenders, elite shot blockers and rim protectpors, athletic Bigs capable of defending the perimeter for the short stretches of time Embiid and AD spend out there, and I could go on and on but anyone who is being honest already knows this.

It would be a massacre by the 92 team, the more you think about it.
Even for a troll take, that's embarrassingly stupid TDK.
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 11:46 pm
Deez wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 11:21 pm
_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 10:55 pm

The 24 team has pretty damn good paint defenders Deez. Just saying. Embiid, Bam and Anthony Davis. Scoring in the paint might not be as easy as you think. Ewing wasn't that great deep in the paint either. Just saying.

The game has just evolved. Those guys on the original Dream team are/were amazing. It's not a knock on them. They were just born too soon.
Barkley and Malone will be eating their cake too fast n the post.
The 92 Dream Team would terrorize the 2024 team from 20 feet in. Guys like Bam, Embiid and AD don't have to defend highly-skilled Offensive-minded 7-footers in/around the paint for 48 minutes a night in today's league... Robinson and Ewing would abuse them. Hell, Embiid would likely twist a knee early on and miss the majority of the game trying to keep up with the Admiral. Malone and Barkley would bully their man in the post and make them cry... imagine LeFraud trying to defend prime Barkley or Malone. LOLOL. The 92 team had dominating post, paint and mid-range players, and elite long-range shooters like Bird and Mullin... GOAT level Playmakers in Magic and Stockton, GOAT level perimeter Defenders, elite shot blockers and rim protectpors, athletic Bigs capable of defending the perimeter for the short stretches of time Embiid and AD spend out there, and I could go on and on but anyone who is being honest already knows this.

It would be a massacre by the 92 team, the more you think about it.

The BWGC despise the truth
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 11:22 pm
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 10:44 pm Grizz truly believes today's NBA superstars would kill the superstars from the 90's YET Bill Russell would dominate today like he did in the 50's/60's.

:lol: :roll: :L

You can't make this stuff up people.
What made Russell great? His incredible athleticism, his defensive proficiency and basketball IQ.
Relative to his peers, which isn't saying much if we're being honest because back then Defense was non-existent, literally no one could dribble with their off-hand, and a 40% shooter (overall) was considered elite.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

"Bill Russell would dominate today's NBA but the 92 Dream Team would lose to a 2024 team that barely squeaked by an opponent they were favored to beat by 40+ pioints."

Signed,
Mr. Basketball Wizard himself, Grizz

:mjlaugh:

:verdum:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 11:55 pm
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 10:44 pm Grizz truly believes today's NBA superstars would kill the superstars from the 90's YET Bill Russell would dominate today like he did in the 50's/60's.

You can't make this stuff up people.
What made Russell great? His incredible athleticism, his defensive proficiency and basketball IQ.
Relative to his peers, which isn't saying much if we're being honest because back then Defense was non-existent, literally no one could dribble with their off-hand, and a 40% shooter (overall) was considered elite.
Funny, but once upon a time you had George Mikan in your top 10 all time. George Mikan ain't worth a hair on Russell's ass, and you know it.

Regardless, he led his team to the top defensive rating in the association 12 of 13 seasons, and they won 11 rings. Nobody sniffs that before or since. It's like Ruth hitting more home runs than teams. It's not good. It's not great. It's other worldly.

If you didn't have MJ jammies and were a Celtics fan, you're biased enough that you'd have Russell GOAT without question. I couldn't give a shit about Russell or the Celtics. I just go where I believe the data leads.
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 12:03 am "Bill Russell would dominate today's NBA but the 92 Dream Team would lose to a 2024 team that barely squeaked by an opponent they were favored to beat by 40+ pioints."

Signed,

_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Titan18 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 12:14 am
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 12:03 am "Bill Russell would dominate today's NBA but the 92 Dream Team would lose to a 2024 team that barely squeaked by an opponent they were favored to beat by 40+ pioints."

Signed,

I'm usually pretty polite to you titan. You're not the brightest bulb, but you're not the dimmest and usually inoffensive.

When TDK leads you by the nose in dumb arguments about Chicago, its restaurants, suburbs, good areas, crime etc...., he's a fucking moron and an idiot. He repeats dumb shit, you correct him, but he just repeats the same dumb shit. And you get exasperated, call him names, lose your shit until it ends.

But when he's defending MJ and the Bulls, it's 'different'. No dude, it's not. He's still a biased moron. But he's a biased moron with the same biases as you, so you become a mindless cheerleader.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 12:10 am
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 11:55 pm

Funny, but once upon a time you had George Mikan in your top 10 all time. George Mikan ain't worth a hair on Russell's ass, and you know it.

Regardless, he led his team to the top defensive rating in the association 12 of 13 seasons, and they won 11 rings. Nobody sniffs that before or since. It's like Ruth hitting more home runs than teams. It's not good. It's not great. It's other worldly.

If you didn't have MJ jammies and were a Celtics fan, you're biased enough that you'd have Russell GOAT without question. I couldn't give a shit about Russell or the Celtics. I just go where I believe the data leads.
Soooo... elite defenders from the 90's (supposedly) couldn't handle the superior ball-handling/dribbling and perimeter shooting of today's players YET yet a guy from the 50's/60's (who played in an Era where guys dribbled with ONE hand only and in only ONE direction, and who shot 35%-40% from the perimeter on their best days) is going to dominate today's league Defensively, eh?

Surely you jest... or do you really believe that foolish take?

Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 12:20 am

Signed,

I'm usually pretty polite to you titan. You're not the brightest bulb, but you're not the dimmest and usually inoffensive.

When TDK leads you by the nose in dumb arguments about Chicago, its restaurants, suburbs, good areas, crime etc...., he's a fucking moron and an idiot. He repeats dumb shit, you correct him, but he just repeats the same dumb shit. And you get exasperated, call him names, lose your shit until it ends.

But when he's defending MJ and the Bulls, it's 'different'. No dude, it's not. He's still a biased moron. But he's a biased moron with the same biases as you, so you become a mindless cheerleader.
This is exactly why you don’t “get it” Grizzly Bear

I may be a dumbass but I have a huge cock and that has served me well

:trumplol:
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Titan18 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 12:30 am

Well. At least you made me laugh this time. 🍻

Edit: I'm almost 100% certain that I've had more and better pussy than you will ever have with a pretty normal cock. We can compare notes in Clevey's heaven or hell. Cheers.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

"Bill Russell played in an Era when guys dribbled with ONE hand only, and ONLY in one direction, and shot 35%-40% on their best days YET he'd have no problem defending the vastly superior ball-handling/dribbling (left or right) elite shooting of today's players, who would shit all over the 90's."

Signed,
Some meatball pretending to have a clue about basketball

_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 12:37 am "Bill Russell played in an Era when guys dribbled with ONE hand only, and ONLY in one direction, and shot 35%-40% on their best days YET he'd have no problem defending the vastly superior ball-handling/dribbling (left or right) elite shooters of today's Era, who would shit all over the 90's,"

Signed,

I don't think I said that TDK. Try to not be disingenuous when you are getting pummeled.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 12:41 am
thedangerouskitchen wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 12:37 am "Bill Russell played in an Era when guys dribbled with ONE hand only, and ONLY in one direction, and shot 35%-40% on their best days YET he'd have no problem defending the vastly superior ball-handling/dribbling (left or right) elite shooters of today's Era, who would shit all over the 90's,"

Signed,

I don't think I said that TDK. Try to not be disingenuous when you are getting pummeled.
You're so triggered you don't even know what you're saying at this point.

:lol:

Bottom line: Bill Russell never faced players who could dribble with both hands, and explode off the dribble in either direction. He never faced Bigs in the post with the footwork of a Dream, Robinson or McHale. He never defended Bigs on the perimeter who could shoot better than any player in his time... yet you believe Russell wouldn't miss a beat defending players in this Era.

Talk about an asinine take,,,

Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 12:33 am
Titan18 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 12:30 am

Well. At least you made me laugh this time. 🍻

Edit: I'm almost 100% certain that I've had more and better pussy than you will ever have with a pretty normal cock. We can compare notes in Clevey's heaven or hell. Cheers.
You’re like 30 years older than me so I don’t doubt the more…better doe? We don’t need to wait for heaven or hell. I’ll meet you in ShitCago next time you are in area and we can compare talents.

:trumphaha:
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 12:53 am
_Vcsgrizzfan_ wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 12:41 am

Signed,

You're so triggered you don't even know what you're saying at this point.

:lol:

Bottom line: Bill Russell never faced players who could dribble with both hands, and explode off the dribble in either direction. He never faced Bigs in the post with the footwork of a Dream, Robinson or McHale. He never defended Bigs on the perimeter who could shoot better than any player in his time... yet you believe Russell wouldn't miss a beat defending players in this Era.

Talk about an asinine take,,,
Again, I said no such thing TDK. Don't be disingenuous and make crap up because you can't respond to my arguments.

I said he led his team, as unquestionably its best defender by a longshot, to the best defensive rating in the NBA for 12 or 13 seasons, and to 11 rings despite a crappy offense, even for its time. The offense was ALWAYS bottom half.

Find me another player who has led his team to even 3 top defensive ratings. You can't because it's never happened. It's Ruthian.

His defensive game translates. He was an Olympic standard high jumper, he was a top level collegiate 440 sprinter, and he had incredible lateral movement. He intimidated defensively, especially on the help defense side. Jerry West himself said you ABSOLUTELY had to know where Russell was every second you were on the court. West was 0-7 against Russell in the playoffs, always with Elgin Baylor and once with Wilt too.

He's never going to stop teams. That's stupid. I would never make that claim. But if in 36 minutes a night, he reduces the opposition's scoring by 7-8 points a night on average, that's GOAT level. I think he could do that. I can't prove it, but it's what I believe.

He could run the floor way faster than Ben Wallace, has way better lateral movement, way better hops, faster hands and more basketball iq by a mile. Yet Wallace was good enough to win 4 DPOYs, lead an offensively challenged team to a ring but you dismiss Russell.

I don't. The data says otherwise.
ElJorge
All-Star

Post by ElJorge »

Titan18 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 11:42 pm lol. Barely beat a bunch of dudes who live in mud huts
:haha2:
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

I firmly believe that if we put together 10 veterans from the big 3 league, they are definitely defeating team USA. Naysayers still don’t get it. When push comes to shove leadership and mindset win. As much as the players these days have the best training and the best athleticism a team which is moderately beneath them in the physical but superior to them in mindset and toughness will always beat them.

Lebron and Durant are not on toughness level mentally wise as magic and bird and definitely not Jordan. Davis and Embiid are not on the same level mentally as Robinson Ewing Malone and Barkley.

Many are still not getting it, American basketball is not suffering from lack of talent, it is suffering from a lack of maturity, mindset, toughness and maturity.

Dillon brooks of subpar talent made mince meant of team USA in the world championship
Check the method from Bedrock, 'cause I rock your head to bed
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

AtiliusRegulus wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 8:57 am I firmly believe that if we put together 10 veterans from the big 3 league, they are definitely defeating team USA. Naysayers still don’t get it. When push comes to shove leadership and mindset win. As much as the players these days have the best training and the best athleticism a team which is moderately beneath them in the physical but superior to them in mindset and toughness will always beat them.

Lebron and Durant are not on toughness level mentally wise as magic and bird and definitely not Jordan. Davis and Embiid are not on the same level mentally as Robinson Ewing Malone and Barkley.

Many are still not getting it, American basketball is not suffering from lack of talent, it is suffering from a lack of maturity, mindset, toughness and maturity.

Dillon brooks of subpar talent made mince meant of team USA in the world championship

I don't get why you think the 90's players were tougher. They were certainly weaker physically and played during an era with less exposure, less scrutiny and far more real-time, off day anonymity.
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

kobeunderbite wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:16 am
AtiliusRegulus wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 8:57 am I firmly believe that if we put together 10 veterans from the big 3 league, they are definitely defeating team USA. Naysayers still don’t get it. When push comes to shove leadership and mindset win. As much as the players these days have the best training and the best athleticism a team which is moderately beneath them in the physical but superior to them in mindset and toughness will always beat them.

I don't get why you think the 90's players were tougher. They were certainly weaker physically and played during an era with less exposure, less scrutiny and far more real-time, off day anonymity.
Single mother raised men are not tough. You are fawning over an out of wedlock single mother raised athlete (who complains about not getting enough help, )to lead team USA to bring home a gold medal.

Keep in mind that after this athlete got beaten in the first round he said “at the end of the day it’s just basketball”, then proceeded to force his team to draft his under deserving son
Check the method from Bedrock, 'cause I rock your head to bed
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

kobeunderbite wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:16 am

Attie is a moron. It's always somehow wound into politics and his warped view of the world. The notion that veterans from the big 3 league could beat even the Detroit Pistons is freaking retarded. They couldn't beat a decent college team.