Assuming they win the title, how high are the 2024 Celtics all-time?

Talk about anything here.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Re: Assuming they win the title, how high are the 2024 Celtics all-time?

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

thedangerouskitchen wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:40 am Meatball and bush-league make stupid statements (ie; above) and expect to be taken seriously.

:L

Walk it off lightweights... you guys are softer than today's NBA.

:roll:
There is no reason for either of us to have a hatred of the 90s. I was born in 1959. It should be my "glory days" too, but I have a brain and the ability to not let my emotions run amok with reality.
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

There has been what? Roughly 74 nba champions?

I think somewhere in the early to mid 60s is fair for their all tine ranking.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

2024 Celtics

- Beat the 46-win Heat withOut their best player
- Beat a 48-win Cavs withOut their leading Rebounder and 3rd leading Scorer, and their best player for 2 of the 5 games
- Beat the 47-win Pacers withOut their best player for half the series

Arguably the weakest run TO the Finals ever... which could have been offset a bit if they beat a GOAT level juggernaut in the Finals.

But instead...

- Beat the 50-win (lolol) Mavs in the Finals with their only Championship-experienced player laying an egg in 2 of the 3 games so far.

As noted... Boston ranks somewhere between an Average to Elite Champion Tier; probably in the "Slightly Above-Average Champion" tier.

To rank them any higher means a) you're trolling or b) you have the BB IQ of 10 (ie; a basketball moron).
Last edited by thedangerouskitchen on Thu Jun 13, 2024 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Man, I'm having a good time looking down on fans of other teams, or at least the ones who haven't (yet) bent the knee to the 2024 Celtics.

TDK and Artman joining forces was unexpected, but pretty funny as well.
_Vcsgrizzfan_
Starter

Post by _Vcsgrizzfan_ »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 12:05 pm Man, I'm having a good time looking down on fans of other teams, or at least the ones who haven't (yet) bent the knee to the 2024 Celtics.

TDK and Artman joining forces was unexpected, but pretty funny as well.
They both have "glory days" syndrome. Doesn't matter the subject (music, movies, sports etc.), they pretty much always show disdain for anything recent and swear stuff from their "prime" is the best ever. The lack of awareness is startling.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bush-league and meatball grizz deathly afraid of the facts TDK just laid out ITT... two girlie men.

:mjlaugh:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Do more false bravado TDK...people can't tell you are massively coping and it's definitely fooling people.

lmao!
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Titan18 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 12:01 pm There has been what? Roughly 74 nba champions?

I think somewhere in the early to mid 60s is fair for their all tine ranking.
I dunno... that may even be too high when you consider how weak/injury-depleted their Playoff opponents have been (see my post above).

Right off the bat the 2024 Celtics are behind all 6 Bulls Championship teams, all 5 Lakers' teams from the 80's and all 3 from Boston in the 80's... that's 14 teams right there, which alone puts the 2024 Celtics at #60, and that doesn't even take into consideration a single team from the 50's-70's, nor does it include the GS teams, the Shaq/Kobe Lakers, Duncan Spurs, etc.

Slightly Above Average Champions is more than likely the correct answer.

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Copium.

lmao
xer0
Superstar

Post by xer0 »

Not very high imo, they'd get blown the fuck out by any Duncan, Parker and ginobili spurs team and that's just one team.
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

Best perimeter defense of all time. They would shut MJ the fuck down.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

Celtics have had quite the cakewalk this year.
Not quite 90s Bulls level, but close.
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Sooooooo many BITTER and FURIOUS haters afoot (lmao!).

The "but but but injured teams" excuse doesn't fly at all, and is complete horseshit, since the Celtics POUNDED the NBA in the ASS this year, to the tune of the 4th best point differential in NBA history (with equal winning percentage by wider margins against the West than East).

If they were a 45-50 win team that rode on the back of injuries to a title you know they would only repeat five percent of the time in 1000 runs, that would be a more legit point.

But in this case...no. Just....stop. Wipe away your tears and come back to rationality. Men shouldn't be wheeled around by their emotions.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Bush4Ever. wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 1:34 pm Sooooooo many BITTER and FURIOUS haters afoot (lmao!).

The "but but but injured teams" excuse doesn't fly at all, and is complete horseshit, since the Celtics POUNDED the NBA in the ASS this year, to the tune of the 4th best point differential in NBA history (with equal winning percentage by wider margins against the West than East).

If they were a 45-50 win team that rode on the back of injuries to a title you know they would only repeat five percent of the time in 1000 runs, that would be a more legit point.

But in this case...no. Just....stop. Wipe away your tears and come back to rationality. Men shouldn't be wheeled around by their emotions.
48, 46, 47 and 50 win opponents (lol) with 3 of the 4 teams crippled with injuries to their best player/s.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Walk it off bush-league... these Celtics are "slightly better than average" Champions, at best.

Get more mad.

Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

No one even ATTEMPTING to refute the evidence says it all.

Just bitter, angry, old men (some with tits)....upset because they know Celtics fans are winners in life who don't even need a title to give themselves a pick-me-up from a mediocre life, while the old men with mediocre lives desperately need a happy boost from their sport teams...and didn't even come close to getting it.

I would normally feel pity, but I want those people to know...I'm actually laughing at them in a smug manner.

lmao!
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 1:44 pm No one even ATTEMPTING to refute the evidence says it all.

Just bitter, angry, old men (some with tits)....upset because they know Celtics fans are winners in life who don't even need a title to give themselves a pick-me-up from a mediocre life, while the old men with mediocre lives desperately need a happy boost from their sport teams...and didn't even come close to getting it.

I would normally feel pity, but I want those people to know...I'm actually laughing at them in a smug manner.

lmao!

I want you to take a step back and ask yourself who seems angry lol
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

kobeunderbite wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 2:12 pm
I have zero anger. Did you swallow Artman's autism juice? What would I be angry for lol?

I'm a historian, describing what has been happening the last few days, in the population of TDKs and Artmans, and a few others. The "TDK-Artman Autism Alliance" is one for the history books.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

Bush4Ever. wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 2:15 pm
kobeunderbite wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 2:12 pm
I have zero anger. Did you swallow Artman's autism juice? What would I be angry for lol?

I'm a historian, describing what has been happening the last few days, in the population of TDKs and Artmans, and a few others. The "TDK-Artman Autism Alliance" is one for the history books.

You sound very aggressive and there's no need for that because you're obviously making the better arguments. It's kind of abe'esque, almost like you're seeking validation and not the satisfaction of knowing your arguments are better
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

kobeunderbite wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 2:18 pm You sound very aggressive and there's no need for that because you're obviously making the better arguments. It's kind of abe'esque, almost like you're seeking validation and not the satisfaction of knowing your arguments are better
It's my way of asserting dominance over the internet.

It's helping me feel good about myself because a few nights ago I only maintained my erection to approximately 75 percent hardness instead of the usual 95 percent or max 100 percent.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

Yeah it's this kind of energy

We're not taking the bait bro, we don't respect the Celtics and their boring, lame, superstar-less brand of basketball. This will be a VERY forgettable title and season.